Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BWFC 1-1 QPR

+15
BoltonTillIDie
Jack Russell
boltonbonce
Bread2.0
Cajunboy
gloswhite
observer
karlypants
Fabians Right Peg
wessy
rammywhite
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

61BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sun Oct 22 2017, 16:20

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Cajunboy wrote:Is it true that The Amoeba was playing so deep that he was selling meat pies in the crowd  for part of the game?

He was playing so far back, that he needed a passport to get out of the EU and back into the UK.

Last edited by observer on Sun Oct 22 2017, 19:59; edited 1 time in total

62BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sun Oct 22 2017, 19:02

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

observer wrote:
Cajunboy wrote:Is it true that The Amoeba was playing so deep that he was selling meat pies in the crowd  for part of the game?

He was playing so far back, that he needed a passport to get back out of the EU and back into the UK.
Careful, you'll have Breaders, XMiles, and Wander blaming Brexit for his play !  Very Happy

63BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sun Oct 22 2017, 20:31

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:
If QPR created one chance in 90 minutes, I'd say there's not a lot wrong with Parky's tactics at all. Wouldn't you?

We weren't playing Aston Villa, we were playing against QPR - surely one of the teams who will be down the bottom with us.

1-1 home draws are fine against Villa, Boro, Cardiff etc. We need to beat QPR, Burton, Birmingham & co at home to stand any chance of staying up.

We have to attack and press teams at home - defending deep got us a point against one of our rivals. Big deal.

We won't stay up being defensive.

Defending deep very nearly got us 3 points. Ultimately that plan failed but its a game of fucking football between two shite teams who could barely muster a shot on goal for 90 minutes. You have to give up on the Match of the Day science at this end of the game and just accept that any old shit can happen... FFS did you see Manchester United's Lindelof defending Huddersfield's second goal yesterday? We have a terrible squad (understandably after the past 3 years) with a bang average manager who is doing his damndest to progress his career in the best way he knows. You're a complete dreamer if you think we were about to start turning teams over because of one result against a team who are in rapid decline. We won't stay up being defensive? We won't stay up any way we play you fuckwit! The squad is not good enough.

64BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sun Oct 22 2017, 20:37

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

finlaymcdanger wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:
If QPR created one chance in 90 minutes, I'd say there's not a lot wrong with Parky's tactics at all. Wouldn't you?

We weren't playing Aston Villa, we were playing against QPR - surely one of the teams who will be down the bottom with us.

1-1 home draws are fine against Villa, Boro, Cardiff etc. We need to beat QPR, Burton, Birmingham & co at home to stand any chance of staying up.

We have to attack and press teams at home - defending deep got us a point against one of our rivals. Big deal.

Defending deep very nearly got us 3 points. Ultimately that plan failed but its a game of fucking football between two shite teams who could barely muster a shot on goal for 90 minutes. You have to give up on the Match of the Day science at this end of the game and just accept that any old shit can happen... FFS did you see Manchester United's Lindelof defending Huddersfield's second goal yesterday? We have a terrible squad (understandably after the past 3 years) with a bang average manager who is doing his damndest to progress his career in the best way he knows. You're a complete dreamer if you think we were about to start turning teams over because of one result against a team who are in rapid decline. We won't stay up being defensive? We won't stay up any way we play you fuckwit! The squad is not good enough.
The squad is more than capable of competing in this league, the manager and tactics are not.

65BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sun Oct 22 2017, 20:44

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

MartinBWFC wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:

The squad is more than capable of competing in this league, the manager and tactics are not.

A mightily convincing argument, Martin. You make a good point.

66BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Sun Oct 22 2017, 21:16

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

67BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Mon Oct 23 2017, 10:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:

Defending deep very nearly got us 3 points.
The equaliser was inevitable though.
Who amongst us didn't mutter "surprise, surprise" when Sylla got it?

68BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Mon Oct 23 2017, 12:58

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:

Who amongst us didn't mutter "surprise, surprise" when Sylla got it?

Not quite my reaction when they scored but I get you. 

I wasn't at the game so my opinion all conjecture but limiting our opponents to one chance is huge progress IMO.

Agree that defending a one goal lead for 45 minutes is far from ideal, especially with the record we have this season, but the more the game progressed without QPR having a shot at goal the more it must have made sense to Parky.

Vela and Ameobi were never going to follow up the Wednesday performance so soon and I think he opted for a more pragmatic approach based on our season so far.

69BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Mon Oct 23 2017, 13:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:Defending deep very nearly got us 3 points. Ultimately that plan failed but its a game of fucking football between two shite teams who could barely muster a shot on goal for 90 minutes. You have to give up on the Match of the Day science at this end of the game and just accept that any old shit can happen... FFS did you see Manchester United's Lindelof defending Huddersfield's second goal yesterday? We have a terrible squad (understandably after the past 3 years) with a bang average manager who is doing his damndest to progress his career in the best way he knows. You're a complete dreamer if you think we were about to start turning teams over because of one result against a team who are in rapid decline. We won't stay up being defensive? We won't stay up any way we play you fuckwit! The squad is not good enough.

finlaymcdanger wrote:I wasn't at the game

I think your second point trumps your first you absolute bellend.

This team proved against Sheffield Wednesday they could press and create chances. They didn't press against QPR, dropped too deep, and therefore created fuck all.

But, of course, you know better.

70BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Mon Oct 23 2017, 14:57

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:Defending deep very nearly got us 3 points. Ultimately that plan failed but its a game of fucking football between two shite teams who could barely muster a shot on goal for 90 minutes. You have to give up on the Match of the Day science at this end of the game and just accept that any old shit can happen... FFS did you see Manchester United's Lindelof defending Huddersfield's second goal yesterday? We have a terrible squad (understandably after the past 3 years) with a bang average manager who is doing his damndest to progress his career in the best way he knows. You're a complete dreamer if you think we were about to start turning teams over because of one result against a team who are in rapid decline. We won't stay up being defensive? We won't stay up any way we play you fuckwit! The squad is not good enough.

This team proved against Sheffield Wednesday they could press and create chances. They didn't press against QPR, dropped too deep, and therefore created fuck all.

A point well made.

71BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Mon Oct 23 2017, 15:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Those poor HT dancing girls deserve a medal.

72BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Mon Oct 23 2017, 15:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:

Who amongst us didn't mutter "surprise, surprise" when Sylla scored?

Not quite my reaction when they scored but I get you. 
TBF the Cilla joke wasn't that funny.

73BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Mon Oct 23 2017, 19:22

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:

So you can't offer your thoughts on here unless you attended the game or just agree with you. Is that how it is?

74BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Mon Oct 23 2017, 20:22

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Take no notice of the fat bitch Finlay.

You don't have to have been at the game to know that more or less every player in the squad is either some youngster who's nowhere near breaking into their parent clubs' side, or a freebie who nobody else in the division is poor enough to even consider taking a chance on.

But yes, this squad is well capable, it's just Parky holding us back. Trouble is, he could be left with Moss Bank Under 13s to pick from and Whittam would still find a bone to pick with him.

75BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Mon Oct 23 2017, 20:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Take no notice of the fat bitch Finlay.

You don't have to have been at the game to know that more or less every player in the squad is either some youngster who's nowhere near breaking into their parent clubs' side, or a freebie who nobody else in the division is poor enough to even consider taking a chance on.

But yes, this squad is well capable, it's just Parky holding us back. Trouble is, he could be left with Moss Bank Under 13s to pick from and Whittam would still find a bone to pick with him.

If you'd been at the Sheffield Wednesday game last week you'd have seen a team more than capable of doing enough to finish 4th from bottom. By pressing and playing higher up the pitch.

It makes no sense to change tactics a week later.

76BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Mon Oct 23 2017, 20:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:So you can't offer your thoughts on here unless you attended the game or just agree with you. Is that how it is?

I watched Ipswich v Norwich on TV yesterday. That doesn't make me an expert on either team.

77BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Mon Oct 23 2017, 22:11

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:So you can't offer your thoughts on here unless you attended the game or just agree with you. Is that how it is?

I watched Ipswich v Norwich on TV yesterday. That doesn't make me an expert on either team.

No. It doesn't. A washed-up internet forum has-been you're excelling at though.  :clap:

78BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Tue Oct 24 2017, 11:16

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i was at the game and i can tell you i spent all 2nd half shouting to push up and not be so deep but we just got deeper and deeper and invited pressure. 35/65 split for the opposition is a familiar statistic for us, it shows we can't pass for toffee and launch it long all day which inevitably ends up coming straight back into our half.

We need to be pressing teams when and if we get a lead, if they aren't fit enough to do that for 90 minutes thats down to the coaching and fitness staff.

79BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Tue Oct 24 2017, 11:34

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i was at the game and i can tell you i spent all 2nd half shouting to push up and not be so deep but we just got deeper and deeper 

And you wonder why you were getting funny looks

80BWFC 1-1 QPR - Page 4 Empty Re: BWFC 1-1 QPR Tue Oct 24 2017, 11:39

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
Norpig wrote:i was at the game and i can tell you i spent all 2nd half shouting to push up and not be so deep but we just got deeper and deeper 

And you wonder why you were getting funny looks
Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum