Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BWFC 0-1 FGR

+14
Norpig
boltonbonce
BoltonTillIDie
xmiles
karlypants
Sluffy
gloswhite
terenceanne
Natasha Whittam
wessy
bryan458
dutchwhites63
finlaymcdanger
sunlight
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1BWFC 0-1 FGR Empty BWFC 0-1 FGR Fri Sep 11 2020, 13:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Raises more questions than answers this one. 
Who are their key players?
What is their style?
Will they eat all the grass?
I know next to nowt about them, but based on our team it could be 10 all.
I suspect it’s going to be close seeing as (to paraphrase Evatt)
- we’re not up to speed
- we have a few injuries 
- the fans won’t be there
...so I’m not expecting us to romp it. In fact I haven’t seen anything yet to suggest we’re even l playoff contenders - but hopefully Evatt knows what he’s doing and it will all come good.
Heart says 2 - 1
Head says 2 - 2

2BWFC 0-1 FGR Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 FGR Fri Sep 11 2020, 13:55

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bolton 2  Forest Green 3

3BWFC 0-1 FGR Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 FGR Fri Sep 11 2020, 14:17

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It will all come good and we will keep a clean sheet and win 2-0, now where did i leave those happy pills?

4BWFC 0-1 FGR Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 FGR Fri Sep 11 2020, 14:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:It will all come good and we will keep a clean sheet and win 2-0, now where did i leave those happy pills?
It'll all end in tears. I've got my programme sorted, biscuits primed and ready, with a giant bag of crisps as back up, and a few drinks to sweeten the deal.
I've predicted a 3-2 win, but I smell trouble.

5BWFC 0-1 FGR Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 FGR Fri Sep 11 2020, 14:25

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hope the stream holds up with the increased numbers logging on. It was ok for the Bradford game but did buffer a few times.

6BWFC 0-1 FGR Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 FGR Fri Sep 11 2020, 14:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Hope the stream holds up with the increased numbers logging on. It was ok for the Bradford game but did buffer a few times.
It's being rated a PG.

7BWFC 0-1 FGR Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 FGR Fri Sep 11 2020, 14:40

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
It's being rated a PG.
No one is that cruel making their kids watch us surely?  Very Happy

8BWFC 0-1 FGR Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 FGR Fri Sep 11 2020, 14:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll get dicked, probably 3-1.

I am, however, going to make an effort to learn some names, so I know who to blame when it goes tits up.

9BWFC 0-1 FGR Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 FGR Fri Sep 11 2020, 14:59

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who will take on the mantle of Brickfeet? If anyone.

10BWFC 0-1 FGR Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 FGR Fri Sep 11 2020, 15:09

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Who will take on the mantle of Brickfeet? If anyone.
Has he found a new club yet or is no one that stupid?

He's up there with the worst signings ever in my opinion.

11BWFC 0-1 FGR Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 FGR Fri Sep 11 2020, 17:14

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

What is our Goalkeeper like? He is the most important man in the team. Bolton has always had a good Goalkeeper when they have been doing well. He will save so many games and points during the season.  Conversely with a bad one the team confidence plunges.

12BWFC 0-1 FGR Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 FGR Fri Sep 11 2020, 17:39

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Bolton Wanderers vs. Forest Green Rovers

Wanderers will begin their 2020/21 Sky Bet League Two campaign on Saturday afternoon with an opening day fixture against Forest Green Rovers at the University of Bolton Stadium.

Having played the first two fixtures of the season, both in different cup competitions, the players have had their first taste of life as Wanderers players under the guidance of Head Coach Ian Evatt who has been at the helm for little over two months.

Ultimately, Wanderers were beaten by Bradford City in the Carabao Cup and more recently by Crewe Alexandra in the EFL Trophy, but Evatt will potentially take a great deal of encouragement from his team’s display in their most recent 45 minutes of action.

Pre-Match Quotes:

Ian Evatt: ‘Primarily they (Forest Green) were a football team and I think they’ve learned that in League Two you need to be a bit more physical and direct. I think they’ve gone a little bit more direct with their style.

‘On the day it’s 11 vs 11 and 1 vs 1 and if we win the majority of those battles against the opponent then we’ll win the game. We just need to concentrate more defensively and keep clean sheets. If we keep clean sheets then we’ll win football matches because we’ve got firepower at the top end of the pitch.’

Mark Cooper: ‘It feels a bit strange at the minute with no fans, but we’re going to a big club who were in the Premier League not so long ago and we’re really looking forward to it.

‘Bolton have a new manager and they’re playing expansive football like his team did at Barrow. They’re possession-based, and they play through the pitch rather than over it.’

How to watch:

Wanderers season ticket holders will be able to watch the game FREE of charge on via iFollow BWFC.

If you aren’t a season ticket holder, you will also be able to watch the game by purchasing a Match Pass for just £10.

An iFollow BWFC video match pass will ensure supporters do not miss a minute of the action, with the entire match streamed through any compatible laptop, computer, tablet or mobile device in the United Kingdom.

Team News:

It would pretty difficult to predict the Wanderers starting eleven ahead of this weekend’s encounter with Evatt making four changes to the team that faced Bradford, for Tuesday’s Trophy fixture against Crewe.

Dennis Politic remains a long-term absentee with a knee injury with Liam Edwards and Muhammadu Faal also side-lined.

After scoring a fantastic goal off the bench against Crewe on Tuesday evening, Shaun Miller could be pushing for a place in the starting eleven this weekend.

In the Forest Green camp, Elliott Whitehouse is suspended and continues to serve a ban from his time at Grimsby Town last season.

Liam Kitching is back in contention after returning from injury to feature in the midweek EFL Trophy fixture against Exeter City and recent signing Scott Wagstaff could come into contention to start after playing during the week.

Team news will be available from 2pm tomorrow afternoon.

Bookies Odds:

Bolton win: 21/20

Draw: 12/5

Forest Green win: 12/5

Correct as of 11/09/2020 (12.30pm) on skybet.com

Form:

Wanderers come into the match on the back of two defeats in the opening two fixtures of the campaign following a 2-1 defeat to Bradford City in the Carabao Cup and a 3-2 defeat to Crewe Alexandra in the EFL Trophy.

Ian Evatt’s side will be hoping to look forward and get the league campaign off to a positive start.

Forest Green have too lost their first two fixtures. After a 2-1 home defeat to Leyton Orient in the Carabao Cup, Mark Cooper’s side got their EFL trophy campaign underway with a 3-2 away defeat to Exeter City at St. James’ Park. Matt Stevens scored a brace for Rovers in that game.

Last time out:

The two teams have never met before and Saturday’s fixture will be the first competitive match between Bolton Wanderers and Forest Green Rovers.

Match Officials:

Referee: Sebastian Stockbridge

Assistant Referees: David Hunt and Kenwyn Hughes.

Fourth Official: Hristo Karaivanov.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

13BWFC 0-1 FGR Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 FGR Fri Sep 11 2020, 18:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:We'll get dicked, probably 3-1.

I am, however, going to make an effort to learn some names, so I know who to blame when it goes tits up.
You’ll only need to remember that Evans bloke. He’s the one who picks 10 attackers every game.

14BWFC 0-1 FGR Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 FGR Fri Sep 11 2020, 21:25

dutchwhites63

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

what happened to the radio stream? i couldnt get a thing last week very dissapointed,living abroad and missing my football.......pfffff

15BWFC 0-1 FGR Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 FGR Fri Sep 11 2020, 23:12

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We’ve put a limit on who can hear the streams, active posters are only allowed so you must contribute more.  Slipper posts are allowed

16BWFC 0-1 FGR Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 FGR Sat Sep 12 2020, 00:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:We’ve put a limit on who can hear the streams, active posters are only allowed so you must contribute more.  Slipper posts are allowed
So will I be able to hear it here in Portugal ? My view on slippers is well documented.

Last edited by wanderlust on Sat Sep 12 2020, 00:33; edited 1 time in total

17BWFC 0-1 FGR Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 FGR Sat Sep 12 2020, 00:31

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’m sure Karly will work his magic, and as you contribute a lot you’ll get access :p

18BWFC 0-1 FGR Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 FGR Sat Sep 12 2020, 00:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bring on the magic. Can he arrange a 3 nil win please?

19BWFC 0-1 FGR Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 FGR Sat Sep 12 2020, 00:52

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’ve got the voodoo dolls out so hopefully so

20BWFC 0-1 FGR Empty Re: BWFC 0-1 FGR Sat Sep 12 2020, 01:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I’ve got the voodoo dolls out so hopefully so