Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Boxing

Boxing

+11
Angry Dad
wanderlust
karlypants
y2johnny
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
Reebok Trotter
Bwfc1958
Sluffy
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

21Boxing - Page 2 Empty Re: Boxing Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:59 am

Guest


Guest

Crap fight, Parker did a great job of breaking up Joshua and stopping him getting any flow. His team will worry how easily he did that - although Joshua never looked troubled. Has to be Wilder next.

22Boxing - Page 2 Empty Re: Boxing Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:34 pm

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

The ref was disgraceful and certainly helped Joshua by breaking up the close work, Joshua used illegal tactics, elbows hitting on the break, he's a classic bully who will meet his match sooner than later. Parker did well and showed that Joshua is not the puncher he'd like to think he is but Parker did not do anywhere near enough to get the win, cant fault his self belief though not scared at all. Joshua's team wont be too happy about this fight and what it's shown.

23Boxing - Page 2 Empty Re: Boxing Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:29 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:Joshua is a cash cow for Sky, Hearn a loathsome creature and Sponsers, they gob off about Wilder but they have no intention ever of letting joshua anywhere near him ,Wilder will kill him in 1 or 2 rounds and they wont let Fury get a look in either he would school him and take the piss. That tonight was all Joshua has and it's poor he will get done if they ever risk him which they wont so they try to devalue Wilder and fury while calling them out but with no intention of going through with it. Hearn see's money in throwing Whyte into into Wilders destructive path he doesn't give a shit about Whyte he's expendable ,like i said Hearn is a loathsome creature. At least tonight his stupid blind fans will have at last realised he is not the new Mike Tyson and Certainly not in Foreman, Frazier and Ali's League he would not be in the top 10 rankings of the 70's and 80's he wouldn't even beat Joe Bugner or Frank Bruno as for Larry Holmes.
I don't know if it's because I'm old and bitter or not, but just the mention of those names from the past makes me think that the sport isn't anywhere near as exciting as it used to be. Theoretically modern boxers should be better conditioned as training techniques, diet etc continue to improve and they have more history to learn from, but somehow it just isn't as good IMO. Maybe it's because old heavyweight champions avoided nobody (and there was only one world champion) and therefore title fights were a proper clash of the titans of the sport? Or maybe it's as simple as me getting old and bitter.

24Boxing - Page 2 Empty Re: Boxing Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:31 pm

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

wanderlust wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:Joshua is a cash cow for Sky, Hearn a loathsome creature and Sponsers, they gob off about Wilder but they have no intention ever of letting joshua anywhere near him ,Wilder will kill him in 1 or 2 rounds and they wont let Fury get a look in either he would school him and take the piss. That tonight was all Joshua has and it's poor he will get done if they ever risk him which they wont so they try to devalue Wilder and fury while calling them out but with no intention of going through with it. Hearn see's money in throwing Whyte into into Wilders destructive path he doesn't give a shit about Whyte he's expendable ,like i said Hearn is a loathsome creature. At least tonight his stupid blind fans will have at last realised he is not the new Mike Tyson and Certainly not in Foreman, Frazier and Ali's League he would not be in the top 10 rankings of the 70's and 80's he wouldn't even beat Joe Bugner or Frank Bruno as for Larry Holmes.
I don't know if it's because I'm old and bitter or not, but just the mention of those names from the past makes me think that the sport isn't anywhere near as exciting as it used to be. Theoretically modern boxers should be better conditioned as training techniques, diet etc continue to improve and they have more history to learn from, but somehow it just isn't as good IMO. Maybe it's because old heavyweight champions avoided nobody (and there was only one world champion) and therefore title fights were a proper clash of the titans of the sport? Or maybe it's as simple as me getting old and bitter.
No your not they fought everyone to the point of death, example the Ali v Frazier triology and over 15 rounds those last 3 rounds were the real championship rounds 12 is not doing that so they were very fit and hungrier. If Parker could take AJ'S punches Foreman even old Foreman would have not felt them and blown him away. Even contenders from back then were monsters Earnie Shavers stands out for one.  But we did have some poor brit champs years ago like Richard Dunn, John Gardner, Jack Bodell even Henry Cooper who could not cope with today's brits. Only Bugner and Bruno. Fights to watch on youtube are Ali v Frazier and Norton, Foreman v Lyle, Foreman v Norton, Holmes v Norton 15 rounders. Jimmy Young would have given all todays heavyweights fits.

25Boxing - Page 2 Empty Re: Boxing Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:56 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:Joshua is a cash cow for Sky, Hearn a loathsome creature and Sponsers, they gob off about Wilder but they have no intention ever of letting joshua anywhere near him ,Wilder will kill him in 1 or 2 rounds and they wont let Fury get a look in either he would school him and take the piss. That tonight was all Joshua has and it's poor he will get done if they ever risk him which they wont so they try to devalue Wilder and fury while calling them out but with no intention of going through with it. Hearn see's money in throwing Whyte into into Wilders destructive path he doesn't give a shit about Whyte he's expendable ,like i said Hearn is a loathsome creature. At least tonight his stupid blind fans will have at last realised he is not the new Mike Tyson and Certainly not in Foreman, Frazier and Ali's League he would not be in the top 10 rankings of the 70's and 80's he wouldn't even beat Joe Bugner or Frank Bruno as for Larry Holmes.
I don't know if it's because I'm old and bitter or not, but just the mention of those names from the past makes me think that the sport isn't anywhere near as exciting as it used to be. Theoretically modern boxers should be better conditioned as training techniques, diet etc continue to improve and they have more history to learn from, but somehow it just isn't as good IMO. Maybe it's because old heavyweight champions avoided nobody (and there was only one world champion) and therefore title fights were a proper clash of the titans of the sport? Or maybe it's as simple as me getting old and bitter.
No your not they fought everyone to the point of death, example the Ali v Frazier triology and over 15 rounds those last 3 rounds were the real championship rounds 12 is not doing that so they were very fit and hungrier. If Parker could take AJ'S punches Foreman even old Foreman would have not felt them and blown him away. Even contenders from back then were monsters Earnie Shavers stands out for one.  But we did have some poor brit champs years ago like Richard Dunn, John Gardner, Jack Bodell even Henry Cooper who could not cope with today's brits. Only Bugner and Bruno. Fights to watch on youtube are Ali v Frazier and Norton, Foreman v Lyle, Foreman v Norton, Holmes v Norton 15 rounders. Jimmy Young would have given all todays heavyweights fits.
TBF I do remember some 15 round fights where they fought to a standstill and some absolutely brutal beatings e.g. Holmes destroying Cobb. Massive mismatch IMO but how Cobb managed to keep going I'll never know. Best chin I've ever seen.
I reckon it was fights like that that led to shortening to 12 though.

26Boxing - Page 2 Empty Re: Boxing Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:56 pm

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

wanderlust wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:Joshua is a cash cow for Sky, Hearn a loathsome creature and Sponsers, they gob off about Wilder but they have no intention ever of letting joshua anywhere near him ,Wilder will kill him in 1 or 2 rounds and they wont let Fury get a look in either he would school him and take the piss. That tonight was all Joshua has and it's poor he will get done if they ever risk him which they wont so they try to devalue Wilder and fury while calling them out but with no intention of going through with it. Hearn see's money in throwing Whyte into into Wilders destructive path he doesn't give a shit about Whyte he's expendable ,like i said Hearn is a loathsome creature. At least tonight his stupid blind fans will have at last realised he is not the new Mike Tyson and Certainly not in Foreman, Frazier and Ali's League he would not be in the top 10 rankings of the 70's and 80's he wouldn't even beat Joe Bugner or Frank Bruno as for Larry Holmes.
I don't know if it's because I'm old and bitter or not, but just the mention of those names from the past makes me think that the sport isn't anywhere near as exciting as it used to be. Theoretically modern boxers should be better conditioned as training techniques, diet etc continue to improve and they have more history to learn from, but somehow it just isn't as good IMO. Maybe it's because old heavyweight champions avoided nobody (and there was only one world champion) and therefore title fights were a proper clash of the titans of the sport? Or maybe it's as simple as me getting old and bitter.
No your not they fought everyone to the point of death, example the Ali v Frazier triology and over 15 rounds those last 3 rounds were the real championship rounds 12 is not doing that so they were very fit and hungrier. If Parker could take AJ'S punches Foreman even old Foreman would have not felt them and blown him away. Even contenders from back then were monsters Earnie Shavers stands out for one.  But we did have some poor brit champs years ago like Richard Dunn, John Gardner, Jack Bodell even Henry Cooper who could not cope with today's brits. Only Bugner and Bruno. Fights to watch on youtube are Ali v Frazier and Norton, Foreman v Lyle, Foreman v Norton, Holmes v Norton 15 rounders. Jimmy Young would have given all todays heavyweights fits.
TBF I do remember some 15 round fights where they fought to a standstill and some absolutely brutal beatings e.g. Holmes destroying Cobb. Massive mismatch IMO but how Cobb managed to keep going I'll never know. Best chin I've ever seen.
I reckon it was fights like that that led to shortening to 12 though.
Cobb is as sharp as a pin though and yes he really beat the shit out of Holmes fists with his face.

27Boxing - Page 2 Empty Re: Boxing Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:48 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:Joshua is a cash cow for Sky, Hearn a loathsome creature and Sponsers, they gob off about Wilder but they have no intention ever of letting joshua anywhere near him ,Wilder will kill him in 1 or 2 rounds and they wont let Fury get a look in either he would school him and take the piss. That tonight was all Joshua has and it's poor he will get done if they ever risk him which they wont so they try to devalue Wilder and fury while calling them out but with no intention of going through with it. Hearn see's money in throwing Whyte into into Wilders destructive path he doesn't give a shit about Whyte he's expendable ,like i said Hearn is a loathsome creature. At least tonight his stupid blind fans will have at last realised he is not the new Mike Tyson and Certainly not in Foreman, Frazier and Ali's League he would not be in the top 10 rankings of the 70's and 80's he wouldn't even beat Joe Bugner or Frank Bruno as for Larry Holmes.
I don't know if it's because I'm old and bitter or not, but just the mention of those names from the past makes me think that the sport isn't anywhere near as exciting as it used to be. Theoretically modern boxers should be better conditioned as training techniques, diet etc continue to improve and they have more history to learn from, but somehow it just isn't as good IMO. Maybe it's because old heavyweight champions avoided nobody (and there was only one world champion) and therefore title fights were a proper clash of the titans of the sport? Or maybe it's as simple as me getting old and bitter.
No your not they fought everyone to the point of death, example the Ali v Frazier triology and over 15 rounds those last 3 rounds were the real championship rounds 12 is not doing that so they were very fit and hungrier. If Parker could take AJ'S punches Foreman even old Foreman would have not felt them and blown him away. Even contenders from back then were monsters Earnie Shavers stands out for one.  But we did have some poor brit champs years ago like Richard Dunn, John Gardner, Jack Bodell even Henry Cooper who could not cope with today's brits. Only Bugner and Bruno. Fights to watch on youtube are Ali v Frazier and Norton, Foreman v Lyle, Foreman v Norton, Holmes v Norton 15 rounders. Jimmy Young would have given all todays heavyweights fits.
TBF I do remember some 15 round fights where they fought to a standstill and some absolutely brutal beatings e.g. Holmes destroying Cobb. Massive mismatch IMO but how Cobb managed to keep going I'll never know. Best chin I've ever seen.
I reckon it was fights like that that led to shortening to 12 though.
Cobb is as sharp as a pin though and yes he really beat the shit out of Holmes fists with his face.
Cobb was a character though. Apparently his training was based on booze, drugs and sex and yet his pro record was pretty good and he was a full contact kickboxing champ and later a Hollywood actor. Fascinating guy, hard as nails. quoted as saying that Holmes wouldn't want a rematch because his hands couldn't take it. Smile

28Boxing - Page 2 Empty Re: Boxing Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:08 pm

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

wanderlust wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:Joshua is a cash cow for Sky, Hearn a loathsome creature and Sponsers, they gob off about Wilder but they have no intention ever of letting joshua anywhere near him ,Wilder will kill him in 1 or 2 rounds and they wont let Fury get a look in either he would school him and take the piss. That tonight was all Joshua has and it's poor he will get done if they ever risk him which they wont so they try to devalue Wilder and fury while calling them out but with no intention of going through with it. Hearn see's money in throwing Whyte into into Wilders destructive path he doesn't give a shit about Whyte he's expendable ,like i said Hearn is a loathsome creature. At least tonight his stupid blind fans will have at last realised he is not the new Mike Tyson and Certainly not in Foreman, Frazier and Ali's League he would not be in the top 10 rankings of the 70's and 80's he wouldn't even beat Joe Bugner or Frank Bruno as for Larry Holmes.
I don't know if it's because I'm old and bitter or not, but just the mention of those names from the past makes me think that the sport isn't anywhere near as exciting as it used to be. Theoretically modern boxers should be better conditioned as training techniques, diet etc continue to improve and they have more history to learn from, but somehow it just isn't as good IMO. Maybe it's because old heavyweight champions avoided nobody (and there was only one world champion) and therefore title fights were a proper clash of the titans of the sport? Or maybe it's as simple as me getting old and bitter.
No your not they fought everyone to the point of death, example the Ali v Frazier triology and over 15 rounds those last 3 rounds were the real championship rounds 12 is not doing that so they were very fit and hungrier. If Parker could take AJ'S punches Foreman even old Foreman would have not felt them and blown him away. Even contenders from back then were monsters Earnie Shavers stands out for one.  But we did have some poor brit champs years ago like Richard Dunn, John Gardner, Jack Bodell even Henry Cooper who could not cope with today's brits. Only Bugner and Bruno. Fights to watch on youtube are Ali v Frazier and Norton, Foreman v Lyle, Foreman v Norton, Holmes v Norton 15 rounders. Jimmy Young would have given all todays heavyweights fits.
TBF I do remember some 15 round fights where they fought to a standstill and some absolutely brutal beatings e.g. Holmes destroying Cobb. Massive mismatch IMO but how Cobb managed to keep going I'll never know. Best chin I've ever seen.
I reckon it was fights like that that led to shortening to 12 though.
Cobb is as sharp as a pin though and yes he really beat the shit out of Holmes fists with his face.
Cobb was a character though. Apparently his training was based on booze, drugs and sex and yet his pro record was pretty good and he was a full contact kickboxing champ and later a Hollywood actor. Fascinating guy, hard as nails. quoted as saying that Holmes wouldn't want a rematch because his hands couldn't take it. Smile
yeah i heard that, he took shavers punches ok.

29Boxing - Page 2 Empty Re: Boxing Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:45 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bit gutted about the triple G/Canelo fight being called off due to "contaminated meat". WTF is that all about? Both classy middleweights and it had the makings of a great rematch but it looks like Canelo hasn't flushed the drugs out of his system in time and will now probably face a ban.

30Boxing - Page 2 Empty Re: Boxing Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:44 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Amir Khan v some handpicked nobody (Phil Lo Greco - who the fuck is he?) this Saturday.

Clearly intended to give Amir a easy win (with another easy fight to follow shortly thereafter) as a build up to a fight (and a big pay day) with Kell Brook as both Khan (dodgy hands) and Brook (dodgy eye sockets) are past their best.

I'm no fan at all of Khan's and hope the bum he is fighting puts a spanner in the works and stops him.

Would surprise me though if the bum takes a dive in the first couple of rounds, just to make Khan look good (without putting too much risk to his dodgy fists).

31Boxing - Page 2 Empty Amir Khan Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:17 pm

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wins his return fight after a 2 year absence from the ring in just 39 seconds

32Boxing - Page 2 Empty Re: Boxing Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:43 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lots of good boxing on over the weekend, Khan won (which i know is not popular with most Boltonians), Frampton won and i watched 3 great fights from America yesterday. Gervonta Davis and Jermell Charlo were amazing and will be the next big stars in boxing. As for Adrian Broner, what a prick he is  Rolling Eyes

33Boxing - Page 2 Empty Re: Boxing Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:31 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

To be fair,I don't think Khan had much to beat. I still think he'll get chinned by anyone half decent.

34Boxing - Page 2 Empty Re: Boxing Wed May 09, 2018 10:59 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hughie Fury v Sam Sexton at the Macron this Saturday.

Also - and I'm not a fan of women's boxing - American two gold Olympic champion and super star, Savannah Marshall, makes her UK debut.

The fight is going to be televised live for FREE on Chanel 5.

Sexton has been found wanting when he's come up against decent opposition losing twice to Chisora and once to David Price.

Should be an easy win for Fury (hope he passes the drugs test afterwards though).

35Boxing - Page 2 Empty Re: Boxing Fri May 11, 2018 7:35 pm

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

If he lost to price what is he doing getting in the ring again.

36Boxing - Page 2 Empty Re: Boxing Fri May 11, 2018 11:27 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Angry Dad wrote:If he lost to price what is he doing getting in the ring again.

For the money of course.


37Boxing - Page 2 Empty Re: Boxing Sat May 12, 2018 10:35 am

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Looks like Sexton is making excuses for his defeat in advance.

38Boxing - Page 2 Empty Re: Boxing Mon May 14, 2018 8:51 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Forgot about the Fury fight but watched the real deal Lomachenko beat Linares, what a great fight that was! Lomachenko has had 415 amateur and professional fights and lost just 2  Shocked

39Boxing - Page 2 Empty Re: Boxing Sat May 19, 2018 4:08 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Lee Selby v Josh Warrington tonight.

I rate Selby, a difficult boxer to hit and prepared to travel into his opponents den.

Warrington is an all action man and likened to Ricky Hatton.

A complete contrast in styles and being fought in Warrington's beloved Ellan Road Stadium, Leeds.

I've never seen Warrington fight, so with nothing really to go on I'll back the fighter I know (Selby) to win.

Winner to fight Frampton in Belfast later this year (providing they come through it reasonably unscathed), so another good pay day to look forward to!

40Boxing - Page 2 Empty Re: Boxing Sun May 20, 2018 12:12 am

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Warrington won in front of his home crowd on a split decision.

Selby was cut twice by clashes of heads and the ref was very lenient about Warrington continually hitting him at the back of his head.

Warrington however was full on for all the bout and made Selby mix it with him at times rather than dodging and weaving that is his trademark.

Warrington v Frampton should be a crowd pleaser with Frampton having too much class for him - I think.

Sponsored content



Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum