Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton offer Gary Madine new deal to keep him at Macron Stadium

+6
finlaymcdanger
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
Bollotom2014
wanderlust
karlypants
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers are locked in talks with Gary Madine over a new contract at the Macron.

The Bolton News understands negotiations are well underway to offer the striker improved terms on the two-year deal he signed last summer.

Madine leads the Whites’ scoring charts with 10 goals this season and has been subject to two rejected seven-figure bids from Cardiff City, plus interest from Hull City and Sunderland in the January window.

Wanderers are unwilling to sell for anything other than an “exceptional offer” and are looking to tie the 27-year-old down to an extra 12 months, which would secure their position if clubs came calling again in the summer.

Discussions are believed to be going well, with Madine looking to boost his wage to one which better reflects his importance in the squad.

His goal against Ipswich Town at the weekend ensured he became the first Bolton striker to hit double figures in successive seasons for a decade. And team-mate Karl Henry believes every effort should be made to keep him on board for the rest of the season.

“Gaz is scoring lots of goals at the moment and the club has got to do everything it can to keep him,” Henry said. “It is inevitable clubs are interested in him. We just hope the chairman here does what’s required and sorts Gary Madine out because we need him here.

“The club would be in a much better state being in the Championship and if he ends up going in the summer then so be it. To let him go now would be ludicrous and not to keep him happy now would be ludicrous.”

Wanderers are in the market to sign a new striker before deadline day but are operating on a limited budget compared with many of their contemporaries at the bottom end of the Championship.

It is believed a passing interest was shown in loaning Sheffield United striker Ched Evans but will not be pursued.

Wanderers have also been priced out of the race to sign Derby County’s Chris Martin, who looks set to sign for relegation rival Sunderland on loan.

Source

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's finally started to do his job to a reasonable standard and now he's holding the club to ransom at a time when every penny is needed to bring in reinforcements. Not impressed.

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

While he is now proving his worth to a better degree, he still has some time to run on his present contract and probably a good idea to keep him to those terms until we see how this season pans out. It would be pointless improving his contract only for him to sit back.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There's very little loyalty in football.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Taking his contract as a whole he's been shit far more often than he's been good.

I'd tell him to fuck off with his wage demands, keep him until the Summer, then get shut. I don't want us playing this one dimensional hoofball next season, regardless of what division we're in.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bullshit that these negotiations are played out in public.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bollotom2014 wrote:While he is now proving his worth to a better degree, he still has some time to run on his present contract and probably a good idea to keep him to those terms until we see how this season pans out. It would be pointless improving his contract only for him to sit back.
I'm sure the club would love to keep things as they are for now, but this looks like a move by Madine's agent prompted by the media attention he's been getting.
There's no way they would have wanted to renegotiate when his form was crap.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Taking his contract as a whole he's been shit far more often than he's been good.

I'd tell him to fuck off with his wage demands, keep him until the Summer, then get shut. I don't want us playing this one dimensional hoofball next season, regardless of what division we're in.
You're forgetting that hoofball is Parky's way of playing, we would just get another big lump to play upto if he went. I can't see Parky changing his ways now, can you?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wasn't planning on Parky being in charge next season.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The scumbag has us by the balls - he's demanding more money to stay until the end of season which probably includes an improved per goal bonus. A low buyout clause will also be included in the contract which allows him to bail in the Summer, especially if we're relegated.

He's always been a selfish twat and there are plenty other lumps like him out there.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Although its not nice, we have to acknowledge that his playing period, and opportunities, are going to be limited, especially considering how devoid of skills he is. This is probably the only purple patch he's going to have.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

gloswhite wrote:Although its not nice, we have to acknowledge that his playing period, and opportunities, are going to be limited, especially considering how devoid of skills he is. This is probably the only purple patch he's going to have.

Wednesday fans said he did nothing, NOTHING, but score goals. It’s taken a long while but he finally seems to be backing up their claims.
I say we let the pisshead go and get another half competent target man in. it isn’t that difficult at the bottom of the Championship. Overrated even in his current purple patch with us.

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

As Madine's match winning goals have given BWFC a realistic chance of avoiding relegation I wouldn't begrudge him getting a slice of the extra TV revenue the club receives for being in the Championship.
I'd rather Madine have some of the extra loot than Ken keep it all which appears to be Ken's plan 24 days into the window

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Growler wrote:As Madine's match winning goals have given BWFC a realistic chance of avoiding relegation I wouldn't begrudge him getting a slice of the extra TV revenue the club receives for being in the Championship.
I'd rather Madine have some of the extra loot than Ken keep it all which appears to be Ken's plan 24 days into the window

If he has to stump up £6 million out of his own pocket to get us through the second half of the season I wouldn't begrudge him a penny of it if he did.

As for Madine, rightly or wrongly the team is set up around him - not only is he scoring the goals on his own but now he's taking the free kicks and doing a shift in defence.

He might be the worst striker we've had for a while in terms of quality (he's certainly better than stumps we paid millions for such as Ngog and Sordell) but in the position we find ourselves in, he is the heartbeat of the team and not someone who could be replaced easily and cheaply as some on here suggest.

Maybe him packing in drinking and staying in has brought about a late maturity from him and help him realise more of his potential than ever before.

Will he stay dry and mature for long maybe a completely different question but for now he is the star of our team, it's most valuable player and at this moment in time irreplaceable in the short term.

The fact that teams like Sunderland and Hull who are both battling it out with us at the bottom of the table would rather have him in their sides than ours speaks volumes of his worth to us right now.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't see Parky changes his system unless forced to so I'm sure he wants to keep Madine. Neither can I see Anderson spending any of his own money so I reckon he has to lighten the wage bill before he brings in anyone else. This is all about timing IMO and Madine's agent has recognised his importance to Parky and taken the opportunity to push his claim - in the full knowledge that as a club we are desperate to minimise expenditure so that we can improve the team.
In effect, he's choosing personal short term gain over increasing our chances of staying in the division.
Perhaps BWFC should be going down the road of offering Madine enhanced bonuses for survival and performance so that we only pay out if he comes up with the goods and we survive?
Whatever the outcome, pushing for a wage increase at this stage of the game screams "mercenary".

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It says it all about football when hardly anyone is saying "don't sell him and don't give him a pay rise".

Of course he could sulk, but if he hardly scores between now and May those clubs sniffing around are going to be looking elsewhere.

Tell him to shut the fuck up and get out there and do the job, on the contract he agreed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum