Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should ALF start against Cardiff?

+3
Natasha Whittam
MartinBWFC
Sluffy
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Should ALF start against Cardiff? Empty Should ALF start against Cardiff? Sun Feb 11 2018, 15:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

PHIL Parkinson admits Adam Le Fondre is training himself into the first-team reckoning.
The 31-year-old striker made a case for his inclusion at former club Cardiff City on Tuesday by scoring a scorching goal against Fulham on Saturday.
Parkinson had singled Le Fondre out in the build-up to the game and says his attitude during the week at Lostock is what got him on to the pitch at the Macron.
“Cloughy and Tyler are a bit low on match fitness but I’d said on Friday how well the lads had been training, Alfie in particular has been razor sharp,” Parkinson explained after the 1-1 draw against Fulham.

“And what a goal. I am so pleased for him because he’s been waiting for that moment to ignite his season. He could be a real bonus for us.
“The goal was built on his training ground performances this week.
“I was looking at the clock and thinking ‘he deserves a crack at it’. He suits playing at the top of the pitch with a clever, technical player behind him like Sammy (Ameobi) and I thought he looked great, not just his goal but his all-round play.”
Parkinson revealed Craig Noone is struggling to overcome a knee injury in time to face the Bluebirds, where he made 170 appearances in five years.

But the Liverpudlian is another player name-checked by the Whites boss as he praised the togetherness which has helped turn around the team’s campaign.
“It’s the professionalism of the whole group which is important to us,” he said.
“Craig Noone had a bit of a knee problem and couldn’t play against Fulham, but he has been excellent. Jem Karacan has been training great.
“That group has been driving the team on. And you are only as good as the players who are out of the team. That showed for me.”

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/15987088.Parkinson__Le_Fondre_has_been_waiting_to_ignite_his_season/

2Should ALF start against Cardiff? Empty Re: Should ALF start against Cardiff? Sun Feb 11 2018, 17:12

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:PHIL Parkinson admits Adam Le Fondre is training himself into the first-team reckoning.
The 31-year-old striker made a case for his inclusion at former club Cardiff City on Tuesday by scoring a scorching goal against Fulham on Saturday.
Parkinson had singled Le Fondre out in the build-up to the game and says his attitude during the week at Lostock is what got him on to the pitch at the Macron.
“Cloughy and Tyler are a bit low on match fitness but I’d said on Friday how well the lads had been training, Alfie in particular has been razor sharp,” Parkinson explained after the 1-1 draw against Fulham.

“And what a goal. I am so pleased for him because he’s been waiting for that moment to ignite his season. He could be a real bonus for us.
“I was looking at the clock and thinking ‘he deserves a crack at it’. He suits playing at the top of the pitch with a clever, technical player behind him like Sammy (Ameobi) and I thought he looked great, not just his goal but his all-round play.”
Parkinson revealed Craig Noone is struggling to overcome a knee injury in time to face the Bluebirds, where he made 170 appearances in five years.

But the Liverpudlian is another player name-checked by the Whites boss as he praised the togetherness which has helped turn around the team’s campaign.
“It’s the professionalism of the whole group which is important to us,” he said.
“Craig Noone had a bit of a knee problem and couldn’t play against Fulham, but he has been excellent. Jem Karacan has been training great.
“That group has been driving the team on. And you are only as good as the players who are out of the team. That showed for me.”

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/15987088.Parkinson__Le_Fondre_has_been_waiting_to_ignite_his_season/
Yet gets nowhere near the first team hmmm.

3Should ALF start against Cardiff? Empty Re: Should ALF start against Cardiff? Sun Feb 11 2018, 17:16

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:
Sluffy wrote:PHIL Parkinson admits Adam Le Fondre is training himself into the first-team reckoning.

Who would you drop from the team to let him in then?

4Should ALF start against Cardiff? Empty Re: Should ALF start against Cardiff? Sun Feb 11 2018, 17:46

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:

Not even on bench is what I meant.

5Should ALF start against Cardiff? Empty Re: Should ALF start against Cardiff? Sun Feb 11 2018, 18:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:
Sluffy wrote: Jem Karacan has been training great.

Who would you drop from the bench then?

These were are subs yesterday -

3A Taylor
9Le Fondre
11Buckley
14Flanagan
22Morais
33Howard
40Clough

I guess there is still time for a cameo role somewhere in the season for Karacan but it's hard to see where he fits into the team/squad at the moment for me.

6Should ALF start against Cardiff? Empty Re: Should ALF start against Cardiff? Sun Feb 11 2018, 19:12

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:

3A Taylor
9Le Fondre
11Buckley
14Flanagan
22Morais
33Howard
40Clough

I guess there is still time for a cameo role somewhere in the season for Karacan but it's hard to see where he fits into the team/squad at the moment for me.
Well Buckley for one, and don't need Taylor and Flanagan in there as they can both cover left back and Morais right.

7Should ALF start against Cardiff? Empty Re: Should ALF start against Cardiff? Sun Feb 11 2018, 20:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:

3A Taylor
9Le Fondre
11Buckley
14Flanagan
22Morais
33Howard
40Clough

Well Buckley for one, and don't need Taylor and Flanagan in there as they can both cover left back and Morais right.

Parkinson likes wingers.

Also Taylor is left sided defence and Flanagan mainly right sided.

(Did you see Morais defending at left back when the bloke hit the post - not good!).

I can't see a place at the moment for Gem in Parkinson's thinking right now - but Derik and ALF weren't in his head until recently - so there's always a chance for him I would think.

8Should ALF start against Cardiff? Empty Re: Should ALF start against Cardiff? Sun Feb 11 2018, 20:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Will you twats learn to use the quote system properly, it's not fooking difficult.

No one can be arsed reading a thread when the same post is repeated 50 times.

Gobshites.

9Should ALF start against Cardiff? Empty Re: Should ALF start against Cardiff? Mon Feb 12 2018, 08:00

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Reported in today's BN that he wanted to leave in Jan, and I can't blame him really. Glad he didn't, as he has much more to offer us. Hopefully he starts more from now on.

10Should ALF start against Cardiff? Empty Re: Should ALF start against Cardiff? Mon Feb 12 2018, 12:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In answer to the question, no as he has shown himself to be neither fit enough nor consistent enough. He's struggled to get into the game when he''s started and although he obviously has great talent, bringing out twice a season isn't sufficient IMO. I think it suits him and the team if he's used as a sub and plays in shorter periods.

11Should ALF start against Cardiff? Empty Re: Should ALF start against Cardiff? Mon Feb 12 2018, 13:14

Ideally I’d like to see Walker, Ameobi and one of Clough or Alf starting, as I think pace on the break could catch the likes of Bamba out.

Don’t think Parkinson will set up like that though, start solid and see how the game pans out.

12Should ALF start against Cardiff? Empty Re: Should ALF start against Cardiff? Mon Feb 12 2018, 13:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought Walker looked fucking lazy when he came on at the weekend. Not impressed whatsoever.

Start with Clough and bring on ALF if necessary.

13Should ALF start against Cardiff? Empty Re: Should ALF start against Cardiff? Mon Feb 12 2018, 13:41

Agreed haven’t seen a lot from him so far, but it’s early days. The only reason I’d pick him is for his pace, we’ll need as much as possible against Cardiff.

14Should ALF start against Cardiff? Empty Re: Should ALF start against Cardiff? Mon Feb 12 2018, 13:44

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You know what i'm going to say don't you?

15Should ALF start against Cardiff? Empty Re: Should ALF start against Cardiff? Mon Feb 12 2018, 16:26

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:

3A Taylor
9Le Fondre
11Buckley
14Flanagan
22Morais
33Howard
40Clough

Parkinson likes wingers.

Also Taylor is left sided defence and Flanagan mainly right sided.

(Did you see Morais defending at left back when the bloke hit the post - not good!).

I can't see a place at the moment for Gem in Parkinson's thinking right now - but Derik and ALF weren't in his head until recently - so there's always a chance for him I would think.

Will you twats learn to use the quote system properly, it's not fooking difficult.

No one can be arsed reading a thread when the same post is repeated 50 times.

Gobshites.
 I couldn't agree more, Nat. Some clunkers don't know their butt from their balls!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum