Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

About Time

+5
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
Leeds_Trotter
Norpig
xmiles
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1About Time Empty About Time Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:51 pm

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Mutilating the genitals of children is a barbaric practice and should be illegalised.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43111800

2About Time Empty Re: About Time Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:42 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Its a tricky one as it is part of Jewish and Muslim cultural beliefs. I can understand banning FGM but not sure on this one.

3About Time Empty Re: About Time Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:17 am

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Norpig wrote:Its a tricky one as it is part of Jewish and Muslim cultural beliefs. I can understand banning FGM but not sure on this one.

FGM is definitely also a cultural belief. UNICEF estimated in 2016 that 200 million women living today in 30 countries—27 African countries, Indonesia, Iraqi Kurdistan and Yemen—have undergone the procedures. Yet in this country we have no qualms about banning it.

4About Time Empty Re: About Time Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:54 am

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

If it becomes a law of the land, then people should abide by it, no matter what their religious beliefs.

5About Time Empty Re: About Time Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:12 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Its a dangerous path to go down though banning things like this as it can breed hatred and encourage extremism.

6About Time Empty Re: About Time Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:17 am

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Norpig wrote:Its a dangerous path to go down though banning things like this as it can breed hatred and encourage extremism.
There has to be a line where we stop pandering to religion. Subways have already stopped selling bacon in some of it's stores, it's an outrage.

7About Time Empty Re: About Time Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:51 am

Agree with xmiles about banning all forms of genital mutilation. If you want to be circumcised do it when you’re an adult (not FGM though that’s just mutilation).

As for Subway, if they’ve stopped selling bacon in certain stores it will be because they weren’t selling enough of it (most likely in areas with a higher Islamic or Jewish population) nothing to do with pandering.

8About Time Empty Re: About Time Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:53 am

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I pity poor xmiles, every day there's something new to be outraged about.

9About Time Empty Re: About Time Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:54 am

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

T.R.O.Y wrote:Agree with xmiles about banning all forms of genital mutilation. If you want to be circumcised do it when you’re an adult (not FGM though that’s just mutilation).

As for Subway, if they’ve stopped selling bacon in certain stores it will be because they weren’t selling enough of it (most likely in areas with a higher Islamic or Jewish population) nothing to do with pandering.
You are wrong TROY. Leeds city centre does not have a high Islamic or Jewish population. I asked the manager as to why they didn't have bacon and his response was because we are a halal store. When will our country get a backbone? What a fucking joke.

10About Time Empty Re: About Time Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:07 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds_Trotter wrote:I asked the manager as to why they didn't have bacon and his response was because we are a halal store. When will our country get a backbone? What a fucking joke.

You fat bastard, buy a salad.

11About Time Empty Re: About Time Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:18 pm

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:I asked the manager as to why they didn't have bacon and his response was because we are a halal store. When will our country get a backbone? What a fucking joke.

You fat bastard, buy a salad.
I'm not the one who eats too many twirls.  Laughing

12About Time Empty Re: About Time Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:31 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds_Trotter wrote:I'm not the one who eats too many twirls.  Laughing

People often ask me if I'm a professional athlete.

I am thinking of releasing the "Twirl & Pepsi" diet plan to the world. I will make millions.

13About Time Empty Re: About Time Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:34 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:I'm not the one who eats too many twirls.  Laughing

People often ask me if I'm a professional athlete.

I am thinking of releasing the "Twirl & Pepsi" diet plan to the world. I will make millions.
They probably think you're a shot putter.

14About Time Empty Re: About Time Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:51 pm

Leeds_Trotter wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:Agree with xmiles about banning all forms of genital mutilation. If you want to be circumcised do it when you’re an adult (not FGM though that’s just mutilation).

You are wrong TROY. Leeds city centre does not have a high Islamic or Jewish population. I asked the manager as to why they didn't have bacon and his response was because we are a halal store. When will our country get a backbone? What a fucking joke.

Maybe the manager or staff are Muslim or Jewish? Is bacon in a shit sandwich really that important?

15About Time Empty Re: About Time Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:07 pm

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

T.R.O.Y wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:

Maybe the manager or staff are Muslim or Jewish? Is bacon in a shit sandwich really that important?
That doesn't matter, it's the principle. Religious choices shouldn't take priority. Say someone who worked there was who was indeed Muslim or Jewish, why choose to work at an establishment that serves food if you feel so strongly about certain types of foods? Religion and it's beliefs  shouldn't be something that is forced upon people going about their everyday business. It shouldn't be at the forefront of society, it's all bullshit. What people want to do in their own homes and spare time, fair enough. However when it starts to take over everyday living then it becomes a problem. Religion only causes more divide than it does togetherness, I've no time for any of it. Complete nonsense.

16About Time Empty Re: About Time Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:38 pm

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

xmiles wrote:Mutilating the genitals of children is a barbaric practice and should be illegalised.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43111800
fucking right about time.

17About Time Empty Re: About Time Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:40 pm

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Norpig wrote:Its a tricky one as it is part of Jewish and Muslim cultural beliefs. I can understand banning FGM but not sure on this one.
Fuck their cultural beliefs it's a load of old wank.

18About Time Empty Re: About Time Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:11 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:
Fuck their cultural beliefs it's a load of old wank.
Ever thought of a job in the Diplomatic Corps AD?  Very Happy

19About Time Empty Re: About Time Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:12 pm

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

From genital mutilation to bacon bans within 5 posts. That's quite a feat!

20About Time Empty Re: About Time Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:20 pm

Leeds_Trotter wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:

That doesn't matter, it's the principle. Religious choices shouldn't take priority. Say someone who worked there was who was indeed Muslim or Jewish, why choose to work at an establishment that serves food if you feel so strongly about certain types of foods? Religion and it's beliefs  shouldn't be something that is forced upon people going about their everyday business. It shouldn't be at the forefront of society, it's all bullshit. What people want to do in their own homes and spare time, fair enough. However when it starts to take over everyday living then it becomes a problem. Religion only causes more divide than it does togetherness, I've no time for any of it. Complete nonsense.

More of a cultural thing to be honest, it’s a middle eastern thing to see pigs as dirty and exclude them form a diet. 

But that’s besides the point.

Subway is a franchise, if the franchise owner has decided to run a halal establishment based on his own principles or his staffs, that’s his choice. What makes you think your opinion/offence is more important?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum