Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ECHR what a joke!

+8
xmiles
Reebok Trotter
bwfc71
karlypants
rammywhite
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Leeds_Trotter
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1ECHR what a joke! Empty ECHR what a joke! Mon Apr 23 2018, 14:30

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

What an absolute joke the ECHR (European Court of Human Rights) are. They won't get involed in the Alfie Evans case, yet they'd soon jump to the defense of a hate preacher or terrorist. Absolute fucking joke!

2ECHR what a joke! Empty Re: ECHR what a joke! Mon Apr 23 2018, 16:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds_Trotter wrote:What an absolute joke the ECHR (European Court of Human Rights) are. They won't get involed in the Alfie Evans case, yet they'd soon jump to the defense of a hate preacher or terrorist. Absolute fucking joke!

Were you one of the hate mob storming Alder Hey today?

3ECHR what a joke! Empty Re: ECHR what a joke! Mon Apr 23 2018, 16:07

Arghhhhhh why do terrorists get all the good treatment!

4ECHR what a joke! Empty Re: ECHR what a joke! Mon Apr 23 2018, 16:17

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

No Nat, and I don't agree with any of that. There are other sick children at the hospital along with families. People should respect that, and protest in a peaceful manner.

As for T.R.O.Y, I am right in what I'm saying. ECHR have stepped in many of times when countries have tried to deport hate preachers. Yet when it comes to potentially giving a child a chance of survival, they don't want to know!

5ECHR what a joke! Empty Re: ECHR what a joke! Mon Apr 23 2018, 16:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds_Trotter wrote:
As for T.R.O.Y, I am right in what I'm saying. ECHR have stepped in many of times when countries have tried to deport hate preachers. Yet when it comes to potentially giving a child a chance of survival, they don't want to know!

According to the doctors there is no chance of survival.

6ECHR what a joke! Empty Re: ECHR what a joke! Mon Apr 23 2018, 16:27

Leeds_Trotter wrote:As for T.R.O.Y, I am right in what I'm saying. ECHR have stepped in many of times when countries have tried to deport hate preachers. Yet when it comes to potentially giving a child a chance of survival, they don't want to know!

Could you not say:

ECHR have stepped in before to uphold humans rights (kind of their purpose). But having looked at this case have decided to back the doctors - no matter how hard a decision that is?

7ECHR what a joke! Empty Re: ECHR what a joke! Mon Apr 23 2018, 16:29

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:

According to the doctors there is no chance of survival.
According to our doctors yes, the family have tried to get opinions from doctors abroad. Other countries have offered alternative help. They may or may not work, but at least the parents can say they've tried all they can. I know if I was in that situation, I'd try everything possible to have more time with my child.

Doctors don't always get it right, I know a woman who was told to get rid of her baby, as her daughter wouldn't last a couple of months, however 2 years later the little girl is still here proving them wrong.

8ECHR what a joke! Empty Re: ECHR what a joke! Mon Apr 23 2018, 16:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds_Trotter wrote:I know if I was in that situation, I'd try everything possible to have more time with my child.

Of course you would, and so would most people, but it doesn't make it right. People tend to lose the ability to reason when it comes to their children, and there's nothing wrong with that.

But you need experienced doctors to make the right decision on behalf of the child, without getting emotional.

9ECHR what a joke! Empty Re: ECHR what a joke! Mon Apr 23 2018, 16:34

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:I know if I was in that situation, I'd try everything possible to have more time with my child.

Of course you would, and so would most people, but it doesn't make it right. People tend to lose the ability to reason when it comes to their children, and there's nothing wrong with that.

But you need experienced doctors to make the right decision on behalf of the child, without getting emotional.
It's not so long since the wife of a brain dead police officer had to go to court to have her husband's life support turned off. He was completely unresponsive. Alfie is not, his parents have raised the funds for him to go to Italy to receive treatment. He's been granted citizenship by Italy so let him go there for treatment, anything is worth a shot.

10ECHR what a joke! Empty Re: ECHR what a joke! Mon Apr 23 2018, 16:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds_Trotter wrote:It's not so long since the wife of a brain dead police officer had to go to court to have her husband's life support turned off. He was completely unresponsive. Alfie is not, his parents have raised the funds for him to go to Italy to receive treatment. He's been granted citizenship by Italy so let him go there for treatment, anything is worth a shot.

You have to trust the doctors at Alder Hey. I'm sure if they thought there was even a slim chance of recovery they would let him go.

11ECHR what a joke! Empty Re: ECHR what a joke! Mon Apr 23 2018, 16:41

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:It's not so long since the wife of a brain dead police officer had to go to court to have her husband's life support turned off. He was completely unresponsive. Alfie is not, his parents have raised the funds for him to go to Italy to receive treatment. He's been granted citizenship by Italy so let him go there for treatment, anything is worth a shot.

You have to trust the doctors at Alder Hey. I'm sure if they thought there was even a slim chance of recovery they would let him go.
Like I said before, doctors aren't always right.

12ECHR what a joke! Empty Re: ECHR what a joke! Mon Apr 23 2018, 16:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds_Trotter wrote:Like I said before, doctors aren't always right.

Perhaps not, but I'm guessing this young boy has had several doctors examine him.

The fact the courts have backed the doctors suggests there is little doubt about his condition.

13ECHR what a joke! Empty Re: ECHR what a joke! Mon Apr 23 2018, 17:21

Do I trust Doctors or someone whose developed an opinion off the media coverage? Tough.

14ECHR what a joke! Empty Re: ECHR what a joke! Mon Apr 23 2018, 21:25

If the ECHR overruled British doctors, would that not undermine our sovereignity LT?

15ECHR what a joke! Empty Re: ECHR what a joke! Mon Apr 23 2018, 22:03

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

T.R.O.Y wrote:If the ECHR overruled British doctors, would that not undermine our sovereignity LT?
Believe it or not, I actually voted to remain part of the EU.

16ECHR what a joke! Empty Re: ECHR what a joke! Tue Apr 24 2018, 08:28

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

T.R.O.Y wrote:Do I trust Doctors or someone whose developed an opinion off the media coverage? Tough.
I told you doctors don't always get it right, they said he wouldn't last 3 minutes but 10 hours later, he is still breathing. Let the poor kid go to Italy and get treatment there.

17ECHR what a joke! Empty Re: ECHR what a joke! Tue Apr 24 2018, 08:43

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I work at the Children's Hospital in Manchester and the same kind of thing could happen here, those people trying to storm into a Children's Hospital should be ashamed of themselves. They are potentially stopping staff getting in to treat patients and other parents going to see their own sick kids.

As for Alfie, yes it is a sad story but the Italian Hospital are not offering any other treatment just palliative care as far as i am aware. I can understand the parents wanting to try everything but you have to trust that the Doctors know what they are doing. I wouldn't like to be in their situation but i hope i would be a little more rational if i was told there was nothing more that could be done.

18ECHR what a joke! Empty Re: ECHR what a joke! Tue Apr 24 2018, 12:11

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Doctors ,whether right or wrong, are no longer making this decision. Its the courts and the judges who preside there- and as we know they never get it wrong. Let the kid go to Italy- its doubtful if he would survive the journey and get the palliative care which is on offer.
 If not, the parents will blame the court system for not allowing them the justice that comes from exercsing their choice to try and save their baby.
Let him go to Italy!

19ECHR what a joke! Empty Re: ECHR what a joke! Tue Apr 24 2018, 12:23

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Alfie has survived 15 hours without life support so his case will now be looked into again.

I have a feeling that the family could be right all along!

20ECHR what a joke! Empty Re: ECHR what a joke! Tue Apr 24 2018, 13:52

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:I work at the Children's Hospital in Manchester and the same kind of thing could happen here, those people trying to storm into a Children's Hospital should be ashamed of themselves. They are potentially stopping staff getting in to treat patients and other parents going to see their own sick kids.

As for Alfie, yes it is a sad story but the Italian Hospital are not offering any other treatment just palliative care as far as i am aware. I can understand the parents wanting to try everything but you have to trust that the Doctors know what they are doing. I wouldn't like to be in their situation but i hope i would be a little more rational if i was told there was nothing more that could be done.

Totally agree with you Norpig.

The Italian doctors have also stated that in regards to cure there is nothing that they can do but only give palliative care to the same standard as Alder Hey are doing.

As in regards to various courts giving judgement, they have been listening to the doctors from Alder Hey and even doctors that Alder Hey have let in from Italy and other parts of Europe so that a very informed decision could be made.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum