Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jloyd Samuel dies in car crash

+6
Growler
Hipster_Nebula
karlypants
boltonbonce
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Jloyd Samuel dies in car crash - Page 2 Empty Re: Jloyd Samuel dies in car crash Tue May 15 2018, 18:48

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Leeds_Trotter wrote:
y2johnny wrote:the van driver might of been speeding. either of them could of been using their phone.  There may have been a fault in one of the vehicles.  Regardless a human life is no longer and kids are without a dad.
Exactly, I never said otherwise. All I did was ask a question, I see no harm in that. I've already expressed my sympathy for both families that includes children. Don't see why I'm getting made out to be the bad bloke here. I've said nothing wrong, merely asked a question.
Yes but the way you are saying it on here and the way it is coming accross is callous to say the least.  Just leave it out

Last edited by y2johnny on Tue May 15 2018, 19:22; edited 1 time in total

22Jloyd Samuel dies in car crash - Page 2 Empty Re: Jloyd Samuel dies in car crash Tue May 15 2018, 18:49

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As Johnny says,we don't know,so lets not let this thread take an unfortunate turn.

Accident investigation teams will come to their conclusions in due course but for now,two extended families have been devastated. I think we should leave it at that.

I understand LT's question,but it's one that can't be answered this early in the investigation.
And I can assure you LT,you're not be made out to be the bad bloke.

23Jloyd Samuel dies in car crash - Page 2 Empty Re: Jloyd Samuel dies in car crash Tue May 15 2018, 18:52

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some nasty stuff said in this thread. A man has died.

24Jloyd Samuel dies in car crash - Page 2 Empty Re: Jloyd Samuel dies in car crash Tue May 15 2018, 19:02

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:As Johnny says,we don't know,so lets not let this thread take an unfortunate turn.

Accident investigation teams will come to their conclusions in due course but for now,two extended families have been devastated. I think we should leave it at that.

I understand LT's question,but it's one that can't be answered this early in the investigation.

This. Smile

25Jloyd Samuel dies in car crash - Page 2 Empty Re: Jloyd Samuel dies in car crash Tue May 15 2018, 19:33

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Very sad news this. RIP and condolences to his family. Feel very sorry for those kids coming home from school and getting news like that. Unimaginable.

26Jloyd Samuel dies in car crash - Page 2 Empty Re: Jloyd Samuel dies in car crash Wed May 16 2018, 00:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:As Johnny says,we don't know,so lets not let this thread take an unfortunate turn.

This. Smile

+1

27Jloyd Samuel dies in car crash - Page 2 Empty Re: Jloyd Samuel dies in car crash Wed May 16 2018, 00:30

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Tributes pour in to former Bolton Wanderers star Jlloyd Samuel

FORMER Bolton Wanderers star Jlloyd Samuel has reportedly died, aged 37.
The ex-left back died in a car accident this morning near Lymm, just outside Warrington.
Cheshire Constabulary confirmed the tragic news in a statement.
A spokesman said: "At around 7.55am police were called following reports of a collision involving a van and a Range Rover near to Costcutter on West Lane.
"Sadly the driver of the car, Jlloyd Samuel, 37, from Lymm, died at the scene.
"His next of kin have been informed and are currently being supported by specially trained officers."

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association also released a statement via its Facebook page.
It reads: "We've received some terrible news that former national defender and Ex-Aston Villa and Bolton Wanderers player Jlloyd Samuel died in a car crash this morning in England.

"According to reports, Jlloyd was returning home after dropping his kids off to school and collided with an oncoming vehicle. His vehicle caught fire and his body was discovered burnt.
"The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association and his former national teammates at this time extends deepest condolences to his family members both in the UK and here in Trinidad and Tobago."
The driver of the van, a 54-year-old man, has also sustained serious injuries and police said he has been taken to hospital for treatment.
Firefighters also attended the crash as one of the vehicles was 'well alight' near Costcutter.
Bolton Wanderers released a statement on the incident via its Twitter account.
It said: "Everybody associated with Bolton Wanderers Football Club is deeply saddened to learn of the passing of our former defender, Jlloyd Samuel.
"Rest in peace, Jlloyd. Our deepest condolences are with his family and friends at this difficult time."

Samuel joined Wanderers in 2007 as Sammy Lee's first signing at the club.
He went on to play 71 games for the club, including appearing in every match of the 2008/09 Premier League season.
Kevin Davies was at Bolton for Samuel’s entire stint and has paid tribute to his former teammate.
He said: “Jlloyd had so much energy. He was the life and soul of the party.
“He enjoyed being a footballer. He loved the social side of things, mixing with other players, and all the glamour, the cars, the houses, the fashion.
“But most of all he was a fun bloke to know. He always had great stories to tell.
“My wife, Emma, knew his wife well, and our kids used to play together when they were younger. It’s such a hard piece of news to take.
“He was under-rated as a player. There were times he didn’t have a first team place but you knew when he came into the team he’d do a job for you. You could trust him.
“I spoke to him when he came back from playing in Iran and wanted to get fixed up and we’ve stayed in touch as footballers do. We’ve got a group chat of the players from my time and you can see by the reaction how much he was loved.”
His condolences were echoed by Whites legend Gretar Steinsson who said: “It is devastating news and my heart goes out to his wife and his kids.
“He was a top guy, a massive family man who loved his kids, spent lots of time with them.

“Jlloyd was one of the nicest blokes you could wish to come across. He was just great fun to have around the place.
“He was a big part of a good team. We had a lot of character in that group and Jlloyd was one of those people you just wanted to spend time with.
“He was great to have around in the good times at Bolton but also an important person in the tough times too, because he was a fighter.”

Before joining the Bolton, the defender spent nine seasons at Aston Villa, racking up 169 appearances.
The West Midlands side released a statement which reads: "We are deeply saddened to hear of the death of our former player Jlloyd Samuel at the age of just 37 in a car accident."

Villa will play Middlesborough tonight in the Championship play-off semi-finals and the club has confirmed that players will wear black armbands "as a mark of respect".
The statement added: "Our thoughts are with his friends and family at this very difficult time."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

28Jloyd Samuel dies in car crash - Page 2 Empty Re: Jloyd Samuel dies in car crash Wed May 16 2018, 00:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Tribute to ex-Bolton and Aston Villa defender Jlloyd Samuel

AT first glance in his Bolton Wanderers days, Jlloyd Samuel was the epitome of a modern day Premier League footballer.
Always dressed immaculately, earlobes bejewelled, he’d drive into the training ground in a vehicle us Average Joes would drool over, and when work was done he was at the centre of the North West footballer’s social scene.
When he put his home on the market in 2011 it was headline news. It had a cinema, for crying out loud. But this was a different age at Wanderers, a time when they were dining at football’s top table and the accessories to match.
But to dismiss the former Aston Villa full-back as some Big Time Charlie would have been lazy and wholly inaccurate. He was anything but.
The Jlloyd we got to know in the local press was the Trinidad-born boy who’d learned to play football on the muddy pitches of Wanstead Flats in East London before being picked up by Charlton Athletic.
Sure, he had John Terry, Bobby Zamora, Ledley King and Paul Konchesky for team-mates at the legendary Senrab club, but that earthy background meant there was no sense of entitlement when you asked for an interview.
While Sammy Lee took credit for making Samuel his first signing of a brief spell at the Bolton helm, it had been Sam Allardyce who had his eye on the Villa man as he approached the final few months of his contract, following a decade of service in the Midlands.

He was signed ahead of West Ham, Portsmouth and Middlesbrough on a four-year contract which reflected the demand his was in at the time.

My first meeting with Samuel was – if memory serves right – his first game for Bolton. A pre-season friendly against Tranmere Rovers.
Fuelled by youthful exuberance and with a player all to myself, I may have tried to suggest he should be knocking on the door for England if he could get regular football at the (then) Reebok. But he shrugged off my question, put his hand on my shoulder and said “come on mate, I only started two games at Villa last season!”

He got to be a regular attendee in those post-match press conferences. A safe pair of hands who had such good contacts in the game he’d always supply you with a tale by dropping in the name of a well-known opponent.
Jlloyd also had children of similar ages to my own. And my abiding memory of him will always be the long and frighteningly-detailed conversation we had about kids’ TV programme, LazyTown. His love for his family always came shining through.
His time at Bolton peaked in the first two years but when Gary Megson brought in his trusted lieutenant Paul Robinson in from West Brom, Samuel’s chances were limited from there on in.
After Owen Coyle replaced Megson the full-back got a bad thigh injury in a pre-season game against Osasuna and was loaned out to Cardiff City on his return. He also managed to get into the international set-up for Trinidad and Tobago, even though the travelling was not necessarily to the liking of the Bolton management team.
What puzzled me is that he did not get back into the game in England. After a long search for a club he played for a spell in Iran and searched again at a lower level on his return.
He clearly played for love because right up until the tragic accident on Tuesday morning he was turning out for Egerton FC in the Cheshire League, a return to the muck and nettles he had seen as a youngster.
At 37 he had a long life to live with his family and that is what makes the news he is no longer with us all the more difficult to bear.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

29Jloyd Samuel dies in car crash - Page 2 Empty Re: Jloyd Samuel dies in car crash Wed May 16 2018, 12:08

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some of the coaches at my Sons football team knew him and his family as they have been at clubs and academies in the past so they were talking about him at training last night, still hard to get your head around.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum