Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Filipe Morais - Should we keep him?

+3
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Filipe Morais - Should we keep him? Empty Filipe Morais - Should we keep him? Mon May 21 2018, 12:59

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

FILIPE Morais is keen to get another crack at the Championship next season with Wanderers.
After coming through his first-ever campaign in the second tier at the age of 32, the midfielder is one of a number of players waiting to hear if they will be kept on at the Macron Stadium.
Phil Parkinson was given the all-clear by Ken Anderson on Friday to push forward with his recruitment plans, and sign up those who can help Wanderers next term.
And Morais, who made 33 league appearances, starting 18 times, feels he has answered those who doubted he could cut the mustard at a higher level.

“That was always in the back of my head when we came into this division but I have felt good,” he told The Bolton News. “I say to anyone who’ll listen that I wasted my early career and didn’t play enough games.
“Ability-wise I feel like I have saved my best for the end of my career.
“I don’t think people would have expected me to feature in as many games as I have but I genuinely feel like I’ve got the fitness and energy of a kid. When you see Jedi (Antonee Robinson) bombing up and down, you know you’ve got to match that.
“The gaffer knows me and I’m grateful he was brave enough to put me out there to show what I can do at this level.

“Given the opportunity next season I feel I can kick on and improve. I know the gaffer will want to push on and make a better team, and I can go up another level too.”
Morais is a long way from retirement but has already put in place a plan for when he hangs up his boots.
“I’ve done my badges and been quite pro-active,” he said. “Since I met the manager he’s helped me be a better professional on and off the pitch.
“That coaching side of the game interests me. I speak to as many people in the game about their experiences and how they go about coaching and I’ve got my own academy in Bradford too.”
Wanderers full-back Stephen Darby has also started studying towards his UEFA B coaching badges alongside former club captain Jay Spearing.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/16238589.Morais__I__39_ve_proved_my_Championship_doubters_wrong/

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Definitely keep him. He's the only one who can deliver a cross.

Sadly, I suspect Parky will let Morais go and keep Ameobi. Another reason why he should be sacked.

Pretty blatant Morais is a PP signing - and a good one at that. Think he'll be keeping him around.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Pretty blatant Morais is a PP signing - and a good one at that. Think he'll be keeping him around.

I hope you're right, but I doubt it.

I'll be seething if we waste any more money on Ameobi.

Ameobi’s one we’d be mad to let go. He’s basically the only player we have who can beat a man.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Ameobi’s one we’d be mad to let go. He’s basically the only player we have who can beat a man.

On his day I agree, sadly "his day" is about once every 3 months.

He did bugger all after scoring the winner against Bristol City.

I agree, but if he was consistent he wouldn’t be with us. You can’t just have a team of plodders, need some flair in there.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He’s shite. Get rid

Tungsten3

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Keep morais as he is our best set piece delivery mechanism.

Amoebi ; the same as hes the only creative element we have.
Yes hes inconsistent but as TROY mentioned he would be elsewhere if he was consistent.

10Filipe Morais - Should we keep him? Empty Re: Filipe Morais - Should we keep him? Tue May 22 2018, 19:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tungsten3 wrote:Keep morais as he is our best set piece delivery mechanism.

Amoebi ; the same as hes the only creative element we have.
Yes hes inconsistent but as TROY mentioned he would be elsewhere if he was consistent.

If he was inconsistent as in once every 3 games I'd say fair enough, but his good games come once every 6 or 7 games.

Even if he scores a hat-trick in that good game, you've still got 5 or 6 games where he does fook all.

He's not worth the outlay or risk. I'd rather spend his wages on a decent striker/target man.

11Filipe Morais - Should we keep him? Empty Re: Filipe Morais - Should we keep him? Fri May 25 2018, 22:23

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Keep FM yes, and must keep Sammy madness to get rid of the only player we have who can change a game.
Nat's upset because she was wrong on Derik. and she's wrong on Sammy.

Even when he is not at his very best he still gives us more than any other player on the books. Bring in better players then fair enough but at this moment he is head and shoulders our most creative player. why not mention Vela Nat? another you could argue that only plays 1 in 7.  In fact you could level the same argument against the majority of our squad.

12Filipe Morais - Should we keep him? Empty Re: Filipe Morais - Should we keep him? Fri May 25 2018, 22:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote: why not mention Vela Nat?

Because he's under contract.

13Filipe Morais - Should we keep him? Empty Re: Filipe Morais - Should we keep him? Sat May 26 2018, 13:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If there's any truth whatsoever in Boggers assertion that the club will be taken over by foreign investors, it would be daft to decide the fate of any players yet as we simply don't know what budget will be available for transfers. That bit about "building a team to get promotion within a couple of years" would mean a huge clear out, but we don't want to burn any bridges until we know for sure what's happening and if we don't get any more money it may prove difficult to sign anyone on a free transfer who is better than what we have at the moment.
My inclination would be to hang on for now.

14Filipe Morais - Should we keep him? Empty Re: Filipe Morais - Should we keep him? Sat May 26 2018, 14:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:If there's any truth whatsoever in Boggers assertion that the club will be taken over by foreign investors

:facepalm:

15Filipe Morais - Should we keep him? Empty Re: Filipe Morais - Should we keep him? Sat May 26 2018, 19:46

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He's not a great Championship player but the reality is we won't be signing Ronaldo or even just a promising young player from the lower leagues.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum