Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shouldn't We Be Signing Joey Barton?

+12
Spirit of 58
Lofty_Love
JonnyRandom
terenceanne
rammywhite
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
largehat
aaron_bwfc
Bernard Dennis Park
Reebok_Rebel
Natasha Whittam
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha of all people I'd of thought you wouldn't want him, you can't go on and on about 'overpaid dickhead ponces' and then want to sign Barton.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:Natasha of all people I'd of thought you wouldn't want him, you can't go on and on about 'overpaid dickhead ponces' and then want to sign Barton.

Normally you would be correct. But I think our situation is so dire that signing a knob like Barton is the only answer. Our lack of passion and desire is embarrassing.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:Natasha of all people I'd of thought you wouldn't want him, you can't go on and on about 'overpaid dickhead ponces' and then want to sign Barton.

It's called being a WUM.

just saying anything and everything that is counter point to the popular side of the debate, even if it conflicts with something said previously.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

It's called being a WUM.

just saying anything and everything that is counter point to the popular side of the debate, even if it conflicts with something said previously.

I'm starting to tire of your bollocks. I said he was a knob, I said it was a risk, but a risk worth taking in my opinion.

People have agreed with me, why aren't you slagging them off?

Spirit of 58

David Lee
David Lee

Natasha Whittam wrote:Joey Barton is a total knob, I doubt anyone would disagree with that.

However, we have a lightweight midfield and absolutely no creativity. Joey Barton would bring both to our midfield.

He is about to go on a season long loan to Marseille, but would have preferred to stay in the UK. Owen Coyle should step in and offer Barton a deal.

I actually think Coyle's "nice man" management style might actually work with Barton so I think it would be worth the risk.

Would you sign Barton if you were Coyle?

No, wherever he's been he's been trouble !

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

He's been trouble, but you wouldn't say he's been shite. Given a choice, I'd take trouble over shite at this point.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Worth a punt?

He's been let go by QPR.

(Thought it would be funny to reserect an old thread on him featuring some of our 'characters' from not so long ago!).

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I can't see what all the fuss is about to be honest.  One of those players who has never reached his potential not to mention a being a thug.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:I can't see what all the fuss is about to be honest.  One of those players who has never reached his potential not to mention a being a thug.

No way, sluffy would never want to sign a thug...

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

No, not even when he was in his prime. He's a bad news guy on and off the field.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
terenceanne wrote:No from me ..... not to mention I think he is overrated anyhow.

To be fair, he is quite a good player in my opinion, especially at Championship level I suspect.

But to be honest, this is more about having some passion on the pitch than his quality as a footballer.

Ok put on 11 with passion against 11 with football skill ....who wins it 9 out of 10 times? 

Yes some passion on display would be nice but skill and quality overrides all that.  I can't see how having a hacker like Barton in the side would make us better.

He's more than just a hacker, he is a good footballer. Just the red mist comes down far to often to be relied upon.

I'd have him in a heart beat. The problem we have is we have NOBODY with passion. 10 skillful players and 1 passionate player to make sure they use their skill would be the best scenario.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum