Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Twitter account

+7
MartinBWFC
Chairmanda
Sluffy
Kane57
BoltonTillIDie
Bollotom2014
Boggersbelief
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Twitter account  - Page 2 Empty Re: Twitter account Fri Jul 20 2018, 09:43

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nuts’ loss

22Twitter account  - Page 2 Empty Re: Twitter account Fri Jul 20 2018, 11:14

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Chairmanda wrote:Did someone say 'real woman'? I'm here!

Not heard from you for a bit Manda. Everything alright??

23Twitter account  - Page 2 Empty Re: Twitter account Fri Jul 20 2018, 11:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

To be honest the original idea of setting up the Nuts Twitter and Facebook accounts were to try and attract more people to the forum, rather than to stand alone themselves.

I had no interest in Facebook (still don't) and practically no knowledge of Twitter when we set up our accounts (by Keegan iirc?) and my idea really was to 'tweet' and 'Facebook' some of the more 'interesting' threads or posts on the forum hoping that people would want to join the forum and contribute to what was/is going on here and thereby make the forum more interesting for all of us.

That was the plan anyway!

Unfortunately non of our original band of 'Nutters' including myself had much of an interest in these other forms of Social Media and they were left to stagnate with no one much showing any interest or effort to actively promote the forum much.  We did of course repeatedly ask for help from people who did like to participate on FB and/or Twitter to run our sites for us but nobody showed much interest until BTID came along.

He has now run our twitter account for several years and we are indeed indebted to him for doing so in his own free time but it still a rarity that our twitter account actually promotes our own forum, which after all was why we created the twitter site in the first place.

As for our Facebook site it seems to developed into a place where people share holiday snaps, pictures of their dinners and who has the bonniest baby rather than having much if all to do with football let alone promoting this forum which is what it is there for.

I don't even know who our Admin is on there - maybe it is BTID again?

Maybe we do need to have a look again at how we are running both these sites and would look forward to whatever sensible comments people may have and if anyone would like to involve themselves in perhaps running our Nuts Facebook account?

24Twitter account  - Page 2 Empty Re: Twitter account Fri Jul 20 2018, 12:20

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There is a Facebook page which was created but it’s a personal account. “We are Bolton Nuts” on the news feed you will see what all your friends (people who have had a request to be accepted to be our friend) are posting, so it’s not shared to the page it’s just the news feed.

I have created 2 other pages for Bolton Nuts. A Bolton Nuts group and a page. I have recently made Leeds Trotter an admin on the group to hopefully try and build it with a view to attracting the individuals who don’t use forums and prefer to use Facebook.

Ideally we would need a few people contributing to the Facebook page for it to work. So it’ll anyone is up for it, let us know.

In regards to Twitter, it’s great for sharing news stories, pointing people to the forum, but it also has its own use by itself. At the moment it has 1745 followers so it has great potential. For someone to help grow this and maybe get Nuts more exposure would be great. So if you have a genuine interest and can demonstrate previous knowledge and success then I’m sure we
can look at this. We wouldn’t want someone to start tweeting abuse at people and ruin the work we have already done to increase our following.

25Twitter account  - Page 2 Empty Re: Twitter account Fri Jul 20 2018, 12:35

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BTID wrote:We wouldn’t want someone to start tweeting abuse at people 

Do you really think I’d do that?

26Twitter account  - Page 2 Empty Re: Twitter account Fri Jul 20 2018, 12:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Boggersbelief wrote: