Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ken Anderson - update.

+31
Sluffy
finlaymcdanger
wanderlust
Ososhot7
RustyNail
Reebok Trotter
xmiles
whatsgoingon
rammywhite
maconman
Hipster_Nebula
Ten Bobsworth
bryan458
terenceanne
Dunkels King
Travelodge
Keegan
Cajunboy
Kane57
DEANO82
Leeds_Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
Boggersbelief
observer
boltonbonce
Nigelbwfc
y2johnny
Growler
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 50]

21anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:09 pm

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Up the fucking whites

22anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:25 pm

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Bolton bonce, I know Ken was banned as an owner, although still maintains his innocence, however, I was just pointing out every Bolton since time immemorial has had that slur.

How would a new owner not incur such a slur if they arrived at the club right now?

Unless they're sugar daddies with millions out of their back pockets, they'll go the same way. Even the sugar daddy will get the slur once the multimillions run out.

Who would own a football club?

23anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:35 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

To be fair,most people who run a business often stray from the rules. Some to a larger degree than others,but it's no excuse.
With a little common sense,this whole mess could have been sorted,to the satisfaction of all concerned,and we'd now be looking forward to a positive season ahead.
I've also been remiss,Nigel,in not welcoming you to Nuts,so I do so now. Hopefully,you'll become a regular poster,and I can grill you about your taste in indoor footwear.

24anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:40 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:and I can grill you about your taste in indoor footwear.

We won't hear from Nigel again.

25anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:40 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:and I can grill you about your taste in indoor footwear.

We won't hear from Nigel again.
Don't be negative. Go and comb yer armpits. Razz

26anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:32 pm

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Nigelbwfc wrote:Bolton bonce, I know Ken was banned as an owner, although still maintains his innocence, however, I was just pointing out every Bolton since time immemorial has had that slur.

In Bolton's case hopefully people who accept its necessary to pay the both the club's tax bill and the players salaries and bonuses on time

Which rules out both Eddie Davies and Ken Anderson

I would love clubs i hate to be saddled with owners who don't pay the tax bill or players wages on time

27anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:04 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Growler wrote:
Nigelbwfc wrote:Bolton bonce, I know Ken was banned as an owner, although still maintains his innocence, however, I was just pointing out every Bolton since time immemorial has had that slur.

In Bolton's case hopefully people who accept its necessary to pay the both the club's tax bill and the players salaries and bonuses on time

Which rules out both Eddie Davies and Ken Anderson

I would love clubs i hate to be saddled with owners who don't pay the tax bill and players wages

I would suspect there are a great many clubs than you would imagine have had problems with their tax bills and paying their players on time. - such as -

Bury's always in court because of arrears to HMRC - HMRC Winding-up Petitions: Bury FC avoid another HMRC Petition (Nov 16)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Oldham Athletic raided by HMRC officials (Nov 17) -

Aston Villa miss £4m tax bill deadline as chief executive is suspended  (June 18)

HMRC raids Newcastle and West Ham football clubs (April 17) -
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - tax avoidance.

HMRC Winding-up Petitions: Notts County FC face another HMRC petition (Nov 16) -

Professional Footballers’ Association step in to help Leyton Orient players (April 17) -

Northampton Town issued with winding-up petition by HMRC (Oct 15) -

...and those are only the ones I can remember of the top of my head!

28anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:50 am

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Hi Bolton Bonce, my indoor foot wear is socks. Always take your shoes off in the house!

Ken is digging in. Still doubt that it has anything to do with not being able to afford players wages out of his own funds.

Ken must have good grounds to keep the argument going if he hasn't paid the players yet he did say, " he won't be blackmailed"

PFA must have a difficult problem as they could file for bankruptcy against the football club.

Suppose no news is good news.

29anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:17 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kens mattress must be uncomfy with all that Madine money underneath it.

30anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:23 am

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Norpig, told Ken sleeps soundly with the money tucked under the bed

31anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:34 am

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

For all the naysayers on here... without Ken's contributions, we would be in administration and probably in League Two.  The guy saved the club, and is entitled to make some money each year and whatever when he sells on.  He has been highly communicative throughout his tenure, and has gone dark here... which says someone or all the players pissed him off. Time will tell and hopefully they come to an agreement soon, get some new players in, and start winning some games.  The bottom line is to get off the bottom of the table... and we can all agree with that.  Just saying, better to be in this position, than in League Two right now... and climbing out of League One in one season and maintaining the Championship status on the last day are still fresh in my mind.  What Ken makes is his business.  How he deals with the players becomes fodder for the press... and there may be many sides to what really happened.  Who knows?  Just be happy we are still up.  The euphoria from the last ten minutes of our last game should still be in your bloodstream!  Who would have ever thought we would come back with two goals and we would leapfrog over two teams that fine May day?

32anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:41 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've had no problem with KA up till now, but he's not covered himself in glory with this has he? This should all have been handled behind closed doors.
Both sides need to step back and see how this looks to us fans and to the football world in general. I was hoping we would be past all this robbing Peter to pay Paul stuff by now, i just hope we can still recruit decent players after all this bad publicity.

33anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:43 am

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:I've had no problem with KA up till now, but he's not covered himself in glory with this has he? This should all have been handled behind closed doors.
Both sides need to step back and see how this looks to us fans and to the football world in general. I was hoping we would be past all this robbing Peter to pay Paul stuff by now, i just hope we can still recruit decent players after all this bad publicity.
Totally and unequivocally correct!  Hence, something or someone got to him and he is taking a hard stance.

34anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:18 am

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:I've had no problem with KA up till now, but he's not covered himself in glory with this has he? This should all have been handled behind closed doors.
One unsubstantiated conjecture... perhaps KA found more debt that he had to pay off.  He alluded to DeanO leaving the club with hard debt that he had not anticipated.  At the same time, both sides should have settled this behind the scenes.  I hope this scenario of hidden debt is just a hypotheses and not true... but the past two years have proven anything but firm ground economically for the club.  KA's approach to running the club as a break even is an admirable and smart one.  I hope this can be worked out quickly and the club move on to the season.

35anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:19 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

None of this speculation changes the fact that Anderson shafted the players and then brought the club into disrepute by choosing the public domain to attempt to shift blame and demonise the players.
He didn't honour the player's contracts and he used the media to divert attention are the only facts we know so speculating about "possible reasons why Anderson might be the injured party" is neither helpful nor realistic.

36anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:35 am

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:None of this speculation changes the fact that Anderson shafted the players and then brought the club into disrepute by choosing the public domain to attempt to shift blame and demonise the players.
He didn't honour the player's contracts and he used the media to divert attention are the only facts we know so speculating about "possible reasons why Anderson might be the injured party" is neither helpful nor realistic.

I was always taught that two wrongs never make a right.

Anderson pissed off the players by not paying them on time - although we all know they will ultimately get their money.

In return the players pissed Anderson off by going on strike - however by doing so it may well have fucked our whole season if their unofficial strike action has resulted in player transfer sanctions by the EFL or putting potential new signings (or their agents) off doing business with us in the next three weeks before the transfer window closes - whilst all this could easily have been averted by going through the correct procedures of mediation and grievance behind closed doors as it should have been.

I know which by far is the greater of the two wrongs.

37anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:42 am

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

The thing despite some on here, and other fans replying to Marc Iles, Mr Anderson doesn't think he is in the wrong.

We only have some knowledge of the way Ken is thinking and we still don't know all the details.

If it's all Ken's fault as many on here assume, then he's cutting off his nose to spite his face.

Why would Ken put the club through more restrictions and limit the kind of player the club can get hold of, if it's only about not paying bonuses.  Why argue it out?

If he hasn't got the money to fund the wages then why draw attention to that fact?

There really does have to be some other explanation of why he won't pay the players bonuses and why he'd make matters worse for the club.

38anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:58 am

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Nigelbwfc wrote:The thing despite some on here, and other fans replying to Marc Iles, Mr Anderson doesn't think he is in the wrong.

We only have some knowledge of the way Ken is thinking and we still don't know all the details.

If it's all Ken's fault as many on here assume, then he's cutting off his nose to spite his face.

Why would Ken put the club through more restrictions and limit the kind of player the club can get hold of, if it's only about not paying bonuses.  Why argue it out?

If he hasn't got the money to fund the wages then why draw attention to that fact?

There really does have to be some other explanation of why won't pay the players bonuses and why he'd make matters worse for the club.
Without having specific knowledge of the contract, we can't say who is right or wrong.  Ken may have some leeway if there is a codicil in the contracts.  If not, then you are correct... he is creating a situation of cutting off his nose to spite his face.  It certainly won't help our progress on the pitch.  It most definitely will attract a financial inquiry and possible financial restraint from the League.  He has most certainly lost the clubhouse (as others have pointed out).  He most probably has alienated talent from joining the club (unless they have no place to go besides taking a flyer with us).  There is no rational explanation for this... and there is no reason this should not have taken place behind closed doors and out of our scrutiny.  The silence now is deafening.  Let's conclude this business and try to stay in the championship.

39anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:17 am

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Ken, in his latest blog says he's meeting with the PFA next week.

Doesn't seem unduly troubled.

Think Sluffy will publish the link.

40anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:27 am

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Nigelbwfc wrote:Ken, in his latest blog says he's meeting with the PFA next week.

Doesn't seem unduly troubled.

Think Sluffy will publish the link.

Ken has tried hard these past two years to establish a rapport with the fans... answering the questions his predecessor failed to reply to.  There will need to be bridge building to regain the trust of both the players and the fans.  Ken is too smart to have done this without someone sticking a thorn in his side... and my conjecture is Amos's agent being the needle.  The only fact we know is that Ken saved the club from an immediate winding up and he and Parky have worked on a budget these past two years, which have seen us rise from the ashes like the Phoenix, and somehow save our season with two goals in the final ten minutes of our last game.  Though his past behaviour has been admonished and punished, it is our obligation to be thankful that we still have a club.  Saying that, he must play by the rules and now re-establish a trust with all of us.  Sadly, our emotions get the better of most of us when we are let down by someone or rather, stuck with that thorn. I trust this bad behaviour has been caused by that thorn... and shocked that the senior players did not step in to alleviate and negotiate the situation to a more favourable solution.  Our season depends on these players and the ability to afford new blood.  This incident jeopardizes both.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum