Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ken Anderson - update.

+31
Sluffy
finlaymcdanger
wanderlust
Ososhot7
RustyNail
Reebok Trotter
xmiles
whatsgoingon
rammywhite
maconman
Hipster_Nebula
Ten Bobsworth
bryan458
terenceanne
Dunkels King
Travelodge
Keegan
Cajunboy
Kane57
DEANO82
Leeds_Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
Boggersbelief
observer
boltonbonce
Nigelbwfc
y2johnny
Growler
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 31 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 50]

221Ken Anderson - update. - Page 12 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:31 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:"manager’s perceived defensive style of play"   I knew I was imagining it all along. I stand corrected.
Cool
Made me laugh too.

222Ken Anderson - update. - Page 12 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:36 pm

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Well at least it confirms KA reads Nutters etal!

223Ken Anderson - update. - Page 12 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:26 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Last night at the Bet365 Stadium wasn’t one of our better first half performances this season and it would be difficult to say otherwise. However, we have to treat it as a bad day at the office, take a good long hard look at it, dust ourselves down and move on to Saturday’s game against Blackburn Rovers and respond with a positive result.

Why the officials disallowed what should have been an equaliser by Josh Magennis I simply don’t know. From the replays it was clear that there wasn’t a foul in the box and the goal should have stood. It was a clear example of six of one and half a dozen of the other. I think we would have gone on to have got at least a draw and shared the points, and maybe all three because at that stage we were getting on top but instead, as we were chasing for a goal, they scored a second late on in the game.

After a slow start in the game I thought we picked up well in the second half and looked much better on the ball but we need to come out faster from the start in the future. In this very competitive league it is very difficult to come back from behind and this is something we must work more on.
Stoke is always a difficult place to go to and we should all remember they were a Premier League club last season and have some very good and expensive players. Most pundits believe it’s only a matter of time before they turn their season around and start climbing the league and l share those views.

I have noticed that my comments earlier in the week about the lower attendances at the University of Bolton Stadium this season have prompted a lot of reaction and debate on social media. I absolutely welcome and encourage this.

The vast majority of the feedback appears to be in relation to the price of matchday tickets, so it may help if I set out the club’s policy on ticket pricing.
The club’s ‘Season Ticket Guarantee’ means that season ticket holders will always get the absolute best value for money when compared to buying tickets on a match-by-match basis. The cheapest season ticket offering during the ‘Early Purchase’ period, in the North Stand Lower Tier, worked out at just £14.13 per match (23 games). Even the most expensive ticket in the East/West Upper Tiers worked out at just £21.00 per match (23 games). Under 18 season tickets worked out at just £3.70 per match when bought during the ‘Early Purchase’ period.

We have to protect that benefit for season ticket holders to reward them for their loyalty and consequently our match day pricing is done on a grading system.

The match ticket price grading system is in place to give the club flexibility on ticket prices where demand for tickets is likely to be high for some games and low for others. For instance; Blackburn Rovers, Wigan Athletic and Leeds United are likely to attract more supporters than Brentford, Reading and Millwall. Games are budgeted for (grade A – grade D), in accordance with this theory.
We also have to remember that unlike the Premier League, one of the main sources of income for clubs in the EFL is ticket revenue. We have to try to get the balance of pricing right so that we can strive to grow our attendances whilst generating the necessary revenue to not only operate the club on a daily basis but also to invest for longer term success.

As in previous seasons, we’ll be launching a ‘half-season ticket’ in November for our remaining home games in 2019 and I would encourage as many of you as possible to take full advantage of the promotion as it is excellent value.

I really do hope that we can start to see the attendance figures increase, starting from the local derby against Blackburn Rovers. You only have to look back to the Derby game to see how the supporters got behind the team and inspired them to get a great result. There is also no doubt that the 20,000 plus supporters who got behind the team towards the end of our League One promotion run in helped us achieve automatic promotion and I really hope we can repeat this on Saturday evening and go into the international break on a positive high.

Tickets are available to buy from Bolton Central or online by clicking here, or why not try some of our fantastic hospitality packages which can be bought directly from our Sales Team by calling 01204 673761.

Let’s be loud, let’s be proud and let’s get behind the boys on Saturday.

Best wishes,

Ken

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

224Ken Anderson - update. - Page 12 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:31 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Give it a rest Ken  Rolling Eyes

225Ken Anderson - update. - Page 12 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:58 am

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Marc Iles@MarcIles
 · [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]1h

[ltr]Ken Anderson has registered a charge at Companies House over club assets for the loan he took out from Eddie Davies's Moonshift Investments Ltd. Club has declined to comment on terms. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/ltr]

Marc Iles@MarcIles

[ltr]This basically means Ken Anderson has loaned BWFC the loan he took out from Eddie Davies. We do not know what the duration or the interest of that loan is at present. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/ltr]

226Ken Anderson - update. - Page 12 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:54 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Does that mean he has put the loan on the club secured against the assets?

227Ken Anderson - update. - Page 12 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:03 pm

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

karlypants wrote:I remember when this game was pretty much a sell out.

That would be when we had Allardyce and they had Walker

Parky and the Venkys don't fill grounds.

228Ken Anderson - update. - Page 12 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:42 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Does that mean he has put the loan on the club secured against the assets?
As I now understand it, Anderson still owes EDs estate the money, but he has lent it to BWFC at rates which he won't disclose - we can only assume that they are at least equal to or above the terms of his own loan.

E.g. he borrows £5 million at say 10% p.a. interest and then lends out the same amount to BWFC at >10% interest.

Ass covered.

Last edited by wanderlust on Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

229Ken Anderson - update. - Page 12 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:45 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I await Sluffy's reply with baited breath  Laughing

230Ken Anderson - update. - Page 12 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:53 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I await Sluffy's reply with baited breath  Laughing
The absence of anything positive to say about Anderson's behaviour may delay the process. I will say this though:

Borrowing the money from ED and then lending it to the club - a move similar to Deano's rescue bid - is ostensibly a good news story i.e. "the club needed the money and Anderson secured it for the club".

Anderson isn't exactly shy about spreading any story that casts him in a good light is he? So where is the PR?

Could it possibly be that there are elements of the terms of that loan that wouldn't cast him in a good light? We'll see. Maybe it's being composed as we speak.

231Ken Anderson - update. - Page 12 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:21 pm

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It seems everyone is kicking off before we have the facts.

232Ken Anderson - update. - Page 12 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:34 pm

Leeds_Trotter wrote:It seems everyone is kicking off before we have the facts.

Are we going to get any more information? The club have said no comment.

233Ken Anderson - update. - Page 12 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:17 pm

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

T.R.O.Y wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:It seems everyone is kicking off before we have the facts.

Are we going to get any more information? The club have said no comment.
It's not like Ken to be so coy is it? He gives us his opinions on the teams  performances, the size of the crowds, the players strike and the dispute with the caterer but he won't talk about the interest rate on the clubs loans.
It's reminds me of that Q and A with Phil Gartside, when Phil said he would answer questions on anything but money.
With regards the men in suits, the thing we care most about is the money...

234Ken Anderson - update. - Page 12 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:43 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Seems it is all kicking off. Iles reporting this now -

At the risk of sounding negative - it appears HMRC has served #bwfc with a winding-up petition. Another winder has also been brought to my attention, from Front Row Marketing, but I need a bit more info before I can write about it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Iles is loving it - and Wanderlust too!

My money is still on Ken though.

Shame Iles couldn't wait a few hours to report all that he has today - seeing that it's the day of Davies funeral - it would just have had the same impact tomorrow.

235Ken Anderson - update. - Page 12 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:01 pm

Iles is reporting on what’s happening at the club, it’s his job.

236Ken Anderson - update. - Page 12 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:18 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:Iles is reporting on what’s happening at the club, it’s his job.

No, you are wrong.

His job is to write articles for the paper, that is how he earns his living.

Tweeting stuff on his personal account his choice - he doesn't get paid for that.

He could easily of embargoed himself to tomorrow or whenever the paper is printed with his article about winding up petitions in it, whichever being the soonest - instead he has decided to tweet about it, on his personal twitter account, on the day of Eddie Davies funeral.

Shame he just couldn't hold off for a few hours just out of respect to basically the greatest Wanderer since Nat Lofthouse funeral was out of the way.

237Ken Anderson - update. - Page 12 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:28 pm

No Sluffy, I’m afraid even you can’t get away with claiming that Iles job isn’t to report what’s happening at the club.

God knows what difference it makes that it was Ed’s funeral today? The story is in no way disrespectful to Ed or his family?

You’re clutching at straws as usual.

238Ken Anderson - update. - Page 12 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:47 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:No Sluffy, I’m afraid even you can’t get away with claiming that Iles job isn’t to report what’s happening at the club.

God knows what difference it makes that it was Ed’s funeral today? The story is in no way disrespectful to Ed or his family?

You’re clutching at straws as usual.

Is Iles paid to post on his personal twitter account or file articles for the Bolton News?

I thing you will find it is the latter.

He needed not be on twitter, Facebook or any other type of social media in order to do his job - look at how the bloke who covers for him when he's on holiday - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - conducts himself of twitter for instance, he keeps all gossip, banter and tittle-tattle off his personal account and concentrates on what he is paid to do.

Even Nixon tells people to read about his scoops and insights in the PAPER rather than gossiping about them on twitter in advance.

Iles clearly likes the attention.

Pity the attention couldn't have just have been on remembering the man who gave us our best years as a club in our lifetimes, on the day he was laid to rest.

239Ken Anderson - update. - Page 12 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:51 pm

Ah right best tell every journo on Twitter drumming up interest in their stories to pack it in then, it’s not the right thing to do according to a 60 year old bloke from Slough.

Presumably you find the action of KA loaning the club Eddie Davies money as disrespectful as Iles reporting on it? And will be similarly sanctimonious over it?

240Ken Anderson - update. - Page 12 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:58 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

May I add that I am anything but "loving it". I have expressed my concerns about Anderson since day 1 but that doesn't mean my worst fears have come true yet - and I hope and I pray that they don't come true.

As of this moment, we are still a long way off finding out what is really going on - although yet another winding up order is an indicator of something.

Only Sluffy is extrapolating my expressions of concern and in Iles' case, reporting the facts, as unbalanced perceptions in order to try to polarise opinions and lecture us on his own hypotheses - at length. But at the end of the day they are what they are - concerns and facts and the whole truth won't be out until Anderson goes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 31 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum