Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ken Anderson - update.

+31
Sluffy
finlaymcdanger
wanderlust
Ososhot7
RustyNail
Reebok Trotter
xmiles
whatsgoingon
rammywhite
maconman
Hipster_Nebula
Ten Bobsworth
bryan458
terenceanne
Dunkels King
Travelodge
Keegan
Cajunboy
Kane57
DEANO82
Leeds_Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
Boggersbelief
observer
boltonbonce
Nigelbwfc
y2johnny
Growler
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 46 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 42 of 50]

821Ken Anderson - update. - Page 42 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:22 pm

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Ososhot7 wrote:As a complete neutral who knew the family very well - I think you are missing the point - Just look at the financial position, league position and negative publicity. How low do you want to go? Trust me KA will take you there - and he will walk away without it costing him a single penny - this is all about his ego and how much he can take out of the company.
Trust me Ken won’t be donating to £2 million to Bolton hospital Vichai style! I’d be amazed if he even spent 200k on a new player....
Funnily enough Anderson has been here almost 3 years and has spent exactly 200k on players, the Charlton striker Magennis who is bog standard 3rd Division fayre.We thought Anderson had  spent some money on Doidge but it's turned out that he's not paid anything and Doidge has gone back to the 4th Division.

In that time Anderson has sold Holding to Arsenal, Clough to Nottm Forest and Madine to Cardiff for a combined sum of around £11 million.

He's £10.8 million up in the transfer market.

822Ken Anderson - update. - Page 42 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:42 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Growler wrote:
Ososhot7 wrote:As a complete neutral who knew the family very well - I think you are missing the point - Just look at the financial position, league position and negative publicity. How low do you want to go? Trust me KA will take you there - and he will walk away without it costing him a single penny - this is all about his ego and how much he can take out of the company.
Trust me Ken won’t be donating to £2 million to Bolton hospital Vichai style! I’d be amazed if he even spent 200k on a new player....
Funnily enough Anderson has been here almost 3 years and has spent exactly 200k on players, the Charlton striker Magennis who is bog standard 3rd Division fayre.We thought Anderson had  spent some money on Doidge but it's turned out that he's not paid anything and Doidge has gone back to the 4th Division.

In that time Anderson has sold Holding to Arsenal, Clough to Nottm Forest and Madine to Cardiff for a combined sum of around £11 million.

He's £10.8 million up in the transfer market.

And...?

In the year we were in the third tier (anti-Andersoner and Football Finance Lecturer) Kieran Maguire himself tells us the wage bill alone was £13.8 million.

Not to mention what it was last year, nor this.

What's your point - or are you just cherry picking the facts that fit with your agenda?

823Ken Anderson - update. - Page 42 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:24 pm

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

My agenda is for Bolton to have a decent football team rather than a collection of 3rd rate free transfers and a 3rd rate 200k striker.

If Ken can't afford a football club he shouldn't be here.

824Ken Anderson - update. - Page 42 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:36 pm

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Growler wrote:My agenda is for Bolton to have a decent football team rather than a collection of 3rd rate free transfers and a 3rd rate 200k striker.

What 99% of supporters are thinking, but then you get the 1% who are happy to plod along and yo-yo, blame Marc Iles, and other alleged unprofessional journos for our predicament, and Ken gets a clean slate with the 1%.

825Ken Anderson - update. - Page 42 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:02 pm

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Growler wrote:My agenda is for Bolton to have a decent football team rather than a collection of 3rd rate free transfers and a 3rd rate 200k striker.

Some would say if Ken wasn't here then BWFC would no longer exist. Until we get a billionaire owner, the players we get aren't going to get any better.

826Ken Anderson - update. - Page 42 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:17 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dunkels King wrote:

Some would say if Ken wasn't here then BWFC would no longer exist. 
They do but they offer no proof whatsoever that if Anderson hadn't come along and we had gone into administration that we wouldn't be a much better club today than we are now with better players and better finances, better public relations and with our reputation intact.

Anyone who is suggesting that Anderson did us a favour is purely speculating, as are people like me who speculate he is running us into the ground - the difference being that us detractors have a litany of unpaid bills, public arguments with people he has dealt with, claims of malpractice, loans levied against assets, concrete evidence that he has lied to the fans, players and others and the club's reputation in tatters to back up what we are saying whereas those who claim "we would no longer exist" have nothing whatsoever to support their argument.

There are 56 cases of clubs that have gone into administration, mostly lower league/conference teams.
One of them beat us 6 nil a fortnight ago.
One of them won the Premiership two years ago.
None of the teams that went into administration were in the top flight at the time however, three of them are currently Premiership teams.

827Ken Anderson - update. - Page 42 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:24 pm

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

wanderlust wrote:
Dunkels King wrote:

They do but they offer no proof whatsoever that if Anderson hadn't come along and we had gone into administration that we wouldn't be a much better club today than we are now with better players and better finances, better public relations and with our reputation intact.

Anyone who is suggesting that Anderson did us a favour is purely speculating, as are people like me who speculate he is running us into the ground - the difference being that us detractors have a litany of unpaid bills, public arguments with people he has dealt with, claims of malpractice, loans levied against assets, concrete evidence that he has lied to the fans, players and others and the club's reputation in tatters to back up what we are saying whereas those who claim "we would no longer exist" have nothing whatsoever to support their argument.

I never said he did us a favour. Ed Davies said that DH (with KA) were the only offer. If that is the case we had no choice. Who says that Ed Davies would have funded Admin ? We could have been liquidated. The information I am sure I read at the time was that we were in fact within a few hours of that happening. Correct me please if I am wrong. I'm neither for KA or against him really. I would prefer we had someone different, but at the end of the day, apart from the fact we are always in the news for the wrong reasons, at least we are still going. Those who claim we definitely would still exist if KA hadn't stepped in also have nothing whatsoever to support their argument either.

828Ken Anderson - update. - Page 42 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:28 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dunkels King wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Dunkels King wrote:

I never said he did us a favour. Ed Davies said that DH (with KA) were the only offer. If that is the case we had no choice.
Of course there was a choice - administration. Which statistically would put the chance of us ceasing to exist as minimal and the chance of us stabilising high.

829Ken Anderson - update. - Page 42 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:35 pm

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ososhots story sounds like the plot of breaking bad

830Ken Anderson - update. - Page 42 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:40 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In fact, I don't think a single club that has gone into administration has ever "ceased to exist" although in a few cases they have been renamed by the new owners.

Also the majority of clubs that took a CVA (33 out of the 56) did so without any points deduction being applied.

831Ken Anderson - update. - Page 42 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:43 pm

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

wanderlust wrote:
Dunkels King wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Dunkels King wrote:

I never said he did us a favour. Ed Davies said that DH (with KA) were the only offer. If that is the case we had no choice.
Of course there was a choice - administration. Which statistically would put the chance of us ceasing to exist as minimal and the chance of us stabilising high.

My understanding is that admin costs money and Ed Davies wasn't prepared to put another penny in. Maybe someone else could have funded that, but then wouldn't it have then made sense for KA to wait for admin and start without having to take on any debt ?

832Ken Anderson - update. - Page 42 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:43 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Ososhots story sounds like the plot of breaking bad
Whereas yours sounds the plot of Boggers in Wonderland at the moment. Is the "done deal" still on the cards or what?

833Ken Anderson - update. - Page 42 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:47 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dunkels King wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Dunkels King wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Dunkels King wrote:

My understanding is that admin costs money and Ed Davies wasn't prepared to put another penny in. Maybe someone else could have funded that, but then wouldn't it have then made sense for KA to wait for admin and start without having to take on any debt ?
Well he did put in £5 million and he did write off further debt after Anderson arrived so I doubt that was the issue. And then there were the assets.
And as I mentioned ages ago, the chances of us being picked up from administration were far more likely than finding a buyer with Anderson installed.

834Ken Anderson - update. - Page 42 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:51 pm

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

wanderlust wrote:
Dunkels King wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Dunkels King wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Dunkels King wrote:

Well he did put in £5 million and he did write off further debt after Anderson arrived so I doubt that was the issue. And then there were the assets.
And as I mentioned ages ago, the chances of us being picked up from administration were far more likely than finding a buyer with Anderson installed.

That is all correct, but at the time he said he wouldn't put anymore money in. We will never know what would and could have happened. Maybe we would be playing Arsenal today in the Prem, or maybe we could have been playing Tranmere or Salford City.

835Ken Anderson - update. - Page 42 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:54 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dunkels King wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Dunkels King wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Dunkels King wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Dunkels King wrote:

That is all correct, but at the time he said he wouldn't put anymore money in. We will never know what would and could have happened. Maybe we would be playing Arsenal today in the Prem, or maybe we could have been playing Tranmere or Salford City.
Exactly. But wherever we would have been, we would be operating more sustainably than we currently are as we are only heading in one direction with the value of the club plummeting week on week.

836Ken Anderson - update. - Page 42 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:58 pm

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

wanderlust wrote:
Dunkels King wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Dunkels King wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Dunkels King wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Dunkels King wrote:

Exactly. But wherever we would have been, we would be operating more sustainably than we currently are as we are only heading in one direction with the value of the club plummeting week on week.

Unless the new owner did a Gartside/Davies and went full circle back with a 190 million debt Very Happy

837Ken Anderson - update. - Page 42 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:59 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Thought I'd post this quote from tonight's Kangaroo Court.

Is Ken Anderson scaring investors off with his demands or behaviour?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: “A lot of interested parties may be waiting for administration. Ken has never been in a position of power to demand anything and people may wait to pick it up for nothing.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So there you have it - from the mouth of Iles who is banned by KA, at the forum totally made up of anti-Anderson's, and quoted and reported by one of the blogs calling for the protest on Monday against KA - yet Wanderlust has told us about a billion times how KA is deliberately preventing anyone (including Ron Billionaire!) from buying the club off him!!!

Rolling Eyes

838Ken Anderson - update. - Page 42 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:31 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Thought I'd post this quote from tonight's Kangaroo Court.

Is Ken Anderson scaring investors off with his demands or behaviour?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: “A lot of interested parties may be waiting for administration. Ken has never been in a position of power to demand anything and people may wait to pick it up for nothing.”

So there you have it - from the mouth of Iles who is banned by KA, at the forum totally made up of anti-Anderson's, and quoted and reported by one of the blogs calling for the protest on Monday against KA - yet Wanderlust has told us about a billion times how KA is deliberately preventing anyone (including Ron Billionaire!) from buying the club off him!!!

Rolling Eyes
The comment proves my point rather than anything. Anderson has indeed never been in a position of power to demand anything - but that didn't stop him from doing it - which is exactly why the investors walked.

839Ken Anderson - update. - Page 42 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:42 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anderson has paid back the loan that he didn't get from the EFL out of the money we received for being in the Championship so we'll see how the wage thing goes over the next two months. Don't think we'll be signing Messi any time soon though.

840Ken Anderson - update. - Page 42 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:01 pm

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Ken didn't pay it, the EFL paid the money direct to the PFA deducting it from the amount due to Ken for the annual EFL payment

The BBC website says Ken didn't tell the truth about the amount of money he borrowed from the PFA

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 42 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 46 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum