Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jack Hobbs Signs - OFFICIAL

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jack Hobbs Signs - OFFICIAL Empty Jack Hobbs Signs - OFFICIAL Mon Jul 30 2018, 15:43

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers are pleased to announce the signing of Jack Hobbs on a free transfer.

The defender signs a one-year deal with the Whites having impressed on trial during pre-season, and was previously on the books of fellow Sky Bet Championship side Nottingham Forest.

Starting his career at Lincoln City, the former England youth international joined Liverpool in August 2005.

Making his Premier League debut against Bolton in December 2007, the centre-back signed for Championship side Scunthorpe United on loan until the end of the season the following month.

Spending the 2008/09 season on loan at Leicester City, Hobbs was named in the PFA Team of the Year as the Foxes won promotion as League One champions before joining the club permanently at the end of the campaign.

Joining Hull City after a successful loan spell in June 2011, he signed a temporary deal with Nottingham Forest two years later before signing for the club permanently.

Speaking to bwfc.co.uk after completing the move, Hobbs said: “I'm delighted to get the deal over the line.

"Obviously I've been up here with the team training for a few weeks now and to have agreed a year-long contract is fantastic. I just can't wait to get started now."

Wanderers manager, Phil Parkinson, added: “I’m really pleased that we have signed Jack.

"He’s been with us through pre-season and has not only shown what a good player he is, but also what a good character he has.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Jack Hobbs Signs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Jack Hobbs Signs - OFFICIAL Mon Jul 30 2018, 15:50

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

3Jack Hobbs Signs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Jack Hobbs Signs - OFFICIAL Mon Jul 30 2018, 16:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Decent addition if he can stay fit.

4Jack Hobbs Signs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Jack Hobbs Signs - OFFICIAL Mon Jul 30 2018, 16:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good news. A decent striker, a goalie and a midfielder and we'll be just about there.

5Jack Hobbs Signs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Jack Hobbs Signs - OFFICIAL Mon Jul 30 2018, 20:52

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Good Luck Lad !!

6Jack Hobbs Signs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Jack Hobbs Signs - OFFICIAL Mon Jul 30 2018, 21:54

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Pleased with this. He's got good experience at this level and is a good addition to our defence. Anyone else think he'd make a decent skipper?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum