Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lowe: I've no interest in being a Wanderers glory boy

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

JASON Lowe doesn’t want top billing at Wanderers, just as long as the points column keeps ticking over.

The midfielder has quietly gone about winning fans over with a series of unfussy performances in front of the back four since his summer arrival on a free transfer from Wednesday's opponents Birmingham City.
From a year of frustration at St Andrew’s has come the best start to a season Lowe can remember. But while he is keen to see Bolton continue their surprisingly good form, he is happy to help them do so without the plaudits.

“I only care about the team winning, that’s the only reason I am here,” he told The Bolton News.
“I just have to do the dirty side, really, pick up the pieces and let defenders pick up the second balls. I try and keep it simple and give it to the lads who can create. I’m a cog in the team. 

“If you have a team of guys who all want to score goals you’d lose 10-5 every week.
“The team is made up of different characters and qualities and understanding each other’s game is what is pivotal to success.
“You look at top teams, like Manchester City, for example. You don’t see Fernandinho sprinting past people, you see him controlling it and giving it to the Kevin De Bruynes of this world.

“I will do that job for the team. And I definitely don’t need the glory – someone else can have that.”

Wanderers hadn’t won back-to-back away games in the Championship since 2014. In fact, they now boast as many victories on the road as they had in their previous 56 games at this level.

Remarkable though the transformation may be, Lowe is keen to avoid any loss of focus with the visit of Garry Monk’s side.
“It’s the best start I have had in any team I have been in,” he said. “It’s a good feeling.
“Winning breeds confidence and gets momentum going. But it can also bring complacency if you are not careful. We are digging in at the moment and everyone is fighting for each other. We can’t lose that.

“The club has got a good spirit about it. The lads are pushing each other every day on the training ground and it’s paying off.”

Reading enjoyed the lion’s share of possession at the Madejski – 68 per cent to 32 – but Wanderers put more shots on target and were full value for three points, says Lowe. 

“We knew coming here they’d pass and move, try to get in between the lines and have their strikers come off to make it difficult to mark them,” he said. “We knew we’d have to be brave and do without the ball. 

“We had to be hard to beat and other than a couple of scrambles, they were shooting from 25 yards a lot of the time.”

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/16584979.boltons-jason-lowe-on-reading-win-and-facing-ex-club-birmingham/?ref=mr&lp=5

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum