Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Karl Henry wants paying

+12
Cajunboy
luckyPeterpiper
DEANO82
observer
Dunkels King
Sluffy
Leeds_Trotter
wanderlust
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Karl Henry wants paying Empty Karl Henry wants paying Thu Sep 06 2018, 11:23

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Karl Henry has replied to one of the official BWFC tweets with this today

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It’s still the 6th!

2Karl Henry wants paying Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Thu Sep 06 2018, 11:25

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

3Karl Henry wants paying Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Thu Sep 06 2018, 12:05

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Karl Henry has replied to one of the official BWFC tweets with this today

It’s still the 6th!

I was just thinking the same the whinging knob.

4Karl Henry wants paying Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Thu Sep 06 2018, 12:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He clearly states this is not the first date he has been given.

I had little sympathy for Amos, but Henry was a major reason for us staying up last season - and I bet he was on a fraction of what Amos was taking home.

I hope Ken sorts this today.

5Karl Henry wants paying Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Thu Sep 06 2018, 13:23

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Again shows a lack of class from the Andersons, just pay them what they are owed!

6Karl Henry wants paying Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Thu Sep 06 2018, 15:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Everyone wants paying. If suppliers and players aren't aware of Andersons policy on paying debts they surely will be before long and that could be detrimental to the club.

7Karl Henry wants paying Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Thu Sep 06 2018, 17:47

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

A little more professionalism would've been nice.

8Karl Henry wants paying Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Thu Sep 06 2018, 18:00

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Not saying this is relevant but it might give one or two a something to ponder on perhaps.

Players wages of around £600k were due at the end of last week - paid (otherwise we would have heard about it by now.
Transfer window closed last week and we clearly made some sort of a 'loan' payment to FGR in advance of the January purchase of Doidge.
The BluMarble repayment date fell due last week (31st August), the settlement total was £4.3 million.
Millionaire Karl Henry was awaiting his player bonus.

There would have been other outgoings too, not least provision for the next HMRC demand, so if YOU had to manage the clubs cash flow which in the order of priorities would you pay Mr Henry?

Not the players - and risk a strike and possible sanctions/embargo?
Not FGR - and have no new striker and rely on Connor Hall instead (now at Accrington) until the January window?
Not BluMarble - and incur financial penalties?
Not millionaire Mr Henry - and risk a tweet and the stirred up wrath of the anti-Anderson brigade?

I know in the scheme of things how highly I would prioritise Mr Henry's outstanding bonus.

Yes Henry should have been paid on time but in the real world everything doesn't always go as clockwork.

I've no doubt that Henry will receive his bonus in full in due course.

9Karl Henry wants paying Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Fri Sep 07 2018, 00:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The key point here is that "millionaire Mr Henry" wouldn't have played that key role in securing our Championship status - the greatest income generator - had he not been promised this money. Nor would the players who went on strike.
Are the "millionaire Andersons" playing loose and fast with the club's reputation by making promises that they are not honouring? It certainly seems to be a recurring theme and if that is the case, sooner or later nobody will want to deal with the club and that includes potential signings and investors as well as suppliers and other creditors.
On the one hand the Andersons are praised for their austerity and living within the clubs' means, but then they're obviously spending more than the club has otherwise they'd honour their debts - but then get praised for cashflow management so it seems that in some people's eyes at least, the Andersons can't do any wrong. Misguided IMO.

10Karl Henry wants paying Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Fri Sep 07 2018, 06:20

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

wanderlust wrote:The key point here is that "millionaire Mr Henry" wouldn't have played that key role in securing our Championship status - the greatest income generator - had he not been promised this money. Nor would the players who went on strike.
Are the "millionaire Andersons" playing loose and fast with the club's reputation by making promises that they are not honouring? It certainly seems to be a recurring theme and if that is the case, sooner or later nobody will want to deal with the club and that includes potential signings and investors as well as suppliers and other creditors.
On the one hand the Andersons are praised for their austerity and living within the clubs' means, but then they're obviously spending more than the club has otherwise they'd honour their debts - but then get praised for cashflow management so it seems that in some people's eyes at least, the Andersons can't do any wrong. Misguided IMO.
Probably is misguided, but living within the clubs means doesn’t necessarily mean being able to pay all your outstanding debts in one go, and in that instance you have to pay the ones that have an immediate effect on your ongoing operation, like players, staff and current suppliers of services.

11Karl Henry wants paying Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Fri Sep 07 2018, 07:50

It’s not complicated this, if you don’t have the cashflow don’t promise what you can’t deliver. Eventually suppliers will stop doing business with you - same as any business.

12Karl Henry wants paying Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Fri Sep 07 2018, 10:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dunkels King wrote:
wanderlust wrote:The key point here is that "millionaire Mr Henry" wouldn't have played that key role in securing our Championship status - the greatest income generator - had he not been promised this money. Nor would the players who went on strike.
Probably is misguided, but living within the clubs means doesn’t necessarily mean being able to pay all your outstanding debts in one go, and in that instance you have to pay the ones that have an immediate effect on your ongoing operation, like players, staff and current suppliers of services.
Equally if you want to live within your means you don't spend money you haven't got or make financial promises you can't keep. I'm sure the Andersons will cough up sooner or later but in the interim, the club's reputation is being dragged through the mud.

13Karl Henry wants paying Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Fri Sep 07 2018, 11:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's embarrassing that people all over the Bolton forums are suggesting Henry is in the wrong for wanting his money.

If you were let go from your job, and 2 months later you still hadn't been paid the money you were owed, and your ex-employer was spending thousands on new cars for current employees, would you just sit back and say nothing?

WOULD YOU FUCK.

14Karl Henry wants paying Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Fri Sep 07 2018, 12:35

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Surprised KA has not responded.

15Karl Henry wants paying Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Fri Sep 07 2018, 12:57

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I did tweet Karl Henry saying the following:

"Payments can still be made at 11:59 so no agreement for the new deadline has been broken...yet."

He responded a couple of hours ago saying

"They have now!"

Then he's tweeted the following too:

This regularly happened to others during my time at Bolton. We (the players) put pressure on the chairman internally and made him pay them. All kept in-house. Now we’re not there, he predictably does the same to us. #NoIntegrity #NoPrinciples #StillNoPayment #InNoRushHeSays

Guess Ken is in no rush to pay

16Karl Henry wants paying Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Fri Sep 07 2018, 13:28

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

This is the Donald Trump school of business.

17Karl Henry wants paying Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Fri Sep 07 2018, 13:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I did tweet Karl Henry saying the following:

"Payments can still be made at 11:59 so no agreement for the new deadline has been broken...yet."

He responded a couple of hours ago saying

"They have now!"

Then he's tweeted the following too:

This regularly happened to others during my time at Bolton. We (the players) put pressure on the chairman internally and made him pay them. All kept in-house. Now we’re not there, he predictably does the same to us. #NoIntegrity #NoPrinciples #StillNoPayment #InNoRushHeSays

Guess Ken is in no rush to pay

Well when Henry buys his own club then he can run it as perfectly as he likes but until then he should go through the correct channels of the clubs grievance procedures, his union the PFA and ultimately the sports governing body the EFL and not be  airing his dirty laundry in public.

At the end of the day Henry is in the fortunate position of being a millionaire and has the certain knowledge he will be paid fully as a footballing creditor of the club even if we went into Administration.

It hardly been a secret that the club as had to survive hand to mouth and is it really that bad of Anderson to put the clubs survival and future as the priority rather than pay a number of millionaires a further few ten's of thousands of pounds on the dot?

I'm sure those who are so self-righteous about Anderson, would much rather we hadn't committed to buying Magennis and Doidge and gone into the season with no hope of staying up (and losing the £6 million benefit of being in the Championship) and settled up instead with the couple or so of millionaire players who don't even play for us anymore such as Amos and Henry?

They'll get their money eventually (we all know that) and we will stop up, or would you have preferred they got their money when it was due and we went through the season with just 34 year old Clayton Donaldson up front?

It might not be the right and proper way to run the club but sometimes you have to do what's right for the business long term even if it means pissing a few off now.

18Karl Henry wants paying Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Fri Sep 07 2018, 14:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ignoring the fact you have NO IDEA whether he's already tried the appropriate channels, just because he'll get his money "eventually" doesn't mean he shouldn't call the club out in public.

If someone let you go, and still owed you money, would you just wait for "eventually". Would you fuck.

19Karl Henry wants paying Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Fri Sep 07 2018, 14:21

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Out of interest how do you know Henry and Amos are millionaires?

20Karl Henry wants paying Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Fri Sep 07 2018, 14:21

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:Ignoring the fact you have NO IDEA whether he's already tried the appropriate channels, just because he'll get his money "eventually" doesn't mean he shouldn't call the club out in public.

If someone let you go, and still owed you money, would you just wait for "eventually". Would you fuck.

Actually I have - a number of times in fact.

I've done work for a business going through a hard time and waived my fees until a time they got back on their feet again (a bit like BWFC I guess). The business did, paid me up and I've done numerous work for them in the years since.

I'm fortunate that I'm in a financial position to do this and never thought once about calling them out in public, as seems to be what people seem to do all the time, even over the least little thing.

And clearly Henry hasn't followed all the formal options open to him because the EFL has the power to sanction clubs for non payment of monies to players and clearly that hasn't happened so far.

If he's so pissed off with Anderson then maybe he should take the club to court like Heathcote's did rather than tweet on Twitter?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum