Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Karl Henry wants paying

+12
Cajunboy
luckyPeterpiper
DEANO82
observer
Dunkels King
Sluffy
Leeds_Trotter
wanderlust
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

61Karl Henry wants paying - Page 4 Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:23 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Loving this thread.

62Karl Henry wants paying - Page 4 Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:47 pm

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:To me it doesn't matter and there shouldn't a list of who gets paid first. If Henry is due a payment then it needs to be made and KA is again in the wrong on this. Its just bad business practice and he should have made sure all last seasons payments were paid before planning for this season.
Unfortunately that's not always possible mate. It's very likely that we simply didn't have the cash at the end of last season to pay everyone off and I suspect that's at least a part of the reason Ben Amos was left hanging at the end of June. It's at least partially down to the strange way in which a large part of the club's income doesn't actually arrive until well after a lot of bills become due.

For one thing bonuses come due way before things like TV and sponsorship money come in because player contracts usually end on 30th June while league payments and TV money come in somewhere around mid-september. Ken and a couple of other chairmen from the EFL were bemoaning that very fact earlier this year and expressing the hope that either player contracts could be rewritten so the bonuses etc would be payable when the league money came in OR that the League would recognise the problem smaller clubs in particular were having and would make those TV payments etc at the end of the season they were earned in rather than making clubs wait until they were a month into the following season or more.

I'm certain some people will say Ken must have been aware of this and should have planned accordingly but in truth I think it's very likely he simply didn't have the 'wiggle room' to do so given the fact our bank accounts were empty or close to it. With that said I believe Ken can NOT use that as an excuse going forward. From his own statements the club's major debtors have been paid or otherwise dealt with and the high earning players are all gone. The club is in line to make a 'small profit' according to Ken so while I honestly think this is the tail end of the massive problems he's dealt with over the last couple of years I won't have any sympathy for him if he tries to sing this same song next summer.

63Karl Henry wants paying - Page 4 Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:12 am

The PFA have been called in now according to Iles, also an interesting insight from Henry’s Twitter:

“This regularly happened to others during my time at Bolton. We (the players) put pressure on the chairman internally and made him pay them. All kept in-house. Now we’re not there, he predictably does the same to us.”

64Karl Henry wants paying - Page 4 Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:52 am

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Better to go through official channels rather than Twitter. Now Ken will have to pay up, but this no doubt is the little delay Ken was after.

65Karl Henry wants paying - Page 4 Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:18 pm

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Quite funny to be fair

66Karl Henry wants paying - Page 4 Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:46 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Quite funny to be fair

It’s like rubbing more salt into the wound with that! Laughing

67Karl Henry wants paying - Page 4 Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:53 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:

Quite funny to be fair

It’s like rubbing more salt into the wound with that! Laughing

Maybe someone should tweet back asking if he was down to his last million yet?

68Karl Henry wants paying - Page 4 Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:03 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Maybe someone should tweet back asking if he was down to his last million yet?

How do you know he's a millionaire?

69Karl Henry wants paying - Page 4 Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:33 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Maybe someone should tweet back asking if he was down to his last million yet?

How do you know he's a millionaire?

See post 22 of this thread.

Not that it means anything but these are some or the more sensible tweets in reply to Henry -

- Knock it on the head Karl

- Grow up, Karl. You’ve made your point, PFA/lawyers are dealing so leave ‘em to it

- Think you have too much time on you hands mate

- Believe it or not replying to some teenager who runs the clubs twitter account wont get you paid. Attention-seeking gimp

70Karl Henry wants paying - Page 4 Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:43 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:See post 22 of this thread.

What proof is that. Just because someone has earned loads of money doesn't mean they've spent it wisely.

For all you know he needs the cash for something important.

As I've said before, NO ONE would sit back and do nothing if they were owed money from a previous employer.

71Karl Henry wants paying - Page 4 Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:48 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:See post 22 of this thread.

What proof is that. Just because someone has earned loads of money doesn't mean they've spent it wisely.

For all you know he needs the cash for something important.

As I've said before, NO ONE would sit back and do nothing if they were owed money from a previous employer.

See post 17.

Sluffy wrote:Well when Henry buys his own club then he can run it as perfectly as he likes but until then he should go through the correct channels of the clubs grievance procedures, his union the PFA and ultimately the sports governing body the EFL and not be airing his dirty laundry in public.

72Karl Henry wants paying - Page 4 Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:53 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How does that prove he's a millionaire?

73Karl Henry wants paying - Page 4 Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:33 pm

Doesn’t make a blind bit of difference if he’s a millionaire or not a contract should be honoured and if Ken doesn’t wasn’t his dirty laundry aired in public he should start honouring the contracts he offers - it really is that simple.

74Karl Henry wants paying - Page 4 Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:38 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:How does that prove he's a millionaire?

T.R.O.Y wrote:Doesn’t make a blind bit of difference if he’s a millionaire or not a contract should be honoured and if Ken doesn’t wasn’t his dirty laundry aired in public he should start honouring the contracts he offers - it really is that simple.

I'm not playing anymore.

The site is on its knees, mainly thanks to a certain person playing others behind the scenes.

I don't get how the one who spends most of his time on here wants to fuck the whole place up just for his own amusement?

Where do you play when this place goes?

Endless, artificially contrived, arguments are the last thing anybody wants to read.

You two aren't winding me up by doing this, you're just killing what remains of other peoples interest in reading Nuts - and can you blame them really?   I certainly can't.

I've already had my say on something that happened originally weeks ago and out of politeness answered questions on more or less the same things when the issue flared up again last week - even though I knew I was being deliberately attempted to be wound up.

At the end of the day illegal strikes and ranting on twitter doesn't achieve anything, you still have to go by the formal, legal processes to achieve an outcome.

That's the line I've said all along was the only way to resolve the disputes/grievances - and surprise, surprise that's exactly what eventually happened both times.

So is it really worth you both trying  to deliberately troll me over my statements of the obvious and contriving never ending arguments (and now even going over the same grounds already asked and answered just days ago!) just so you can get your kicks - and fuck everybody else's enjoyment of Nuts?

If you (or anyone else for that matter) no longer likes it on here or no longer can stand me, or whatever it is you think, then you know where the door is.

No point in spoiling it for everyone else is there?

75Karl Henry wants paying - Page 4 Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:46 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:The site is on its knees, mainly thanks to a certain person playing others behind the scenes.

That's clearly aimed at me, but you'll have to explain what I've done. The only contact I've had "behind the scenes" is with BTID when I had problems getting on the site.

I think I've done more than most to keep this site going.

I think that last vote was clear at who was bringing the site to its knees.

76Karl Henry wants paying - Page 4 Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:52 pm

One of the most ridiculous posts I’ve ever seen on here. I hammer the point because you’re so adamantly Pro-Anderson you refuse to place any blame on him, when he’s the one refusing to pay the contracts he offered. This is about what’s best for the club - nobody’s debating the best way of players forcing payment, that’s never been the topic.

Play the victim all you want, this is news about the club if you don’t want to talk about something that happened a matter of days ago then what do you want to talk about? And whose fun exactly is it ruining?

77Karl Henry wants paying - Page 4 Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:54 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:The site is on its knees, mainly thanks to a certain person playing others behind the scenes.

That's clearly aimed at me, but you'll have to explain what I've done. The only contact I've had "behind the scenes" is with BTID when I had problems getting on the site.

I think I've done more than most to keep this site going.

I think that last vote was clear at who was bringing the site to its knees.

Do you really need me to spell it out how many times you've either tried to take over this site or got involved with others to set up rival ones?

Yes, you've been at the heartbeat of the site certainly more than nearly everyone else but on the other hand you've done more than anyone else to bring it down also - mostly because you've not got your own way over something or other.

I may have my faults but I've always put the best interests of the site before my own ego.

You certainly can't say the same.

78Karl Henry wants paying - Page 4 Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:00 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:One of the most ridiculous posts I’ve ever seen on here. I hammer the point because you’re so adamantly Pro-Anderson you refuse to place any blame on him, when he’s the one refusing to pay the contracts he offered. This is about what’s best for the club - nobody’s debating the best way of players forcing payment, that’s never been the topic.

Play the victim all you want, this is news about the club if you don’t want to talk about something that happened a matter of days ago then what do you want to talk about? And whose fun exactly is it ruining?

You hammer the point because you just want to argue until everyone but you becomes sick of it - ad nauseam - to (the point of) nausea, is what it literally means.

I've told you I'm no longer playing, so have a day off to show you that I actually mean it.

79Karl Henry wants paying - Page 4 Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:51 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Quite funny to be fair

Whatever his gripe at least Henry has a sense of humour!

80Karl Henry wants paying - Page 4 Empty Re: Karl Henry wants paying Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:00 pm

Travelodge

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

This not Anderson's fault either, Sluffy....?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum