Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BWFC 1-0 Derby

+20
Sluffy
boltonbonce
DEANO82
doffcocker
Leeds_Trotter
bryan458
finlaymcdanger
observer
Cajunboy
MartinBWFC
Natasha Whittam
terenceanne
wessy
gloswhite
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
rammywhite
luckyPeterpiper
Growler
wanderlust
24 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1BWFC 1-0 Derby Empty BWFC 1-0 Derby Mon Sep 24 2018, 18:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A bit of light relief before we go away to Stoke and then host Rovers at home for the local bragging rights. 
Frankie Lampard's lads are starting to show a bit of form so it's a shame we didn't get to play them a few weeks back, but hey-ho - they might just lose the plot when faced with the Macron onslaught.
For me it's another one of those where a lot depends on Parky's approach to the game. I'm still slightly in shock after his selection at Ipswich as by his standards it was massively adventurous for 34 minutes. I think Wheater and Hobbs have to start at the back which makes me reflect on the money that Rangers were prepared to front for Beevers, but with Wilson suspended I guess we still need him.
However, it's the midfield that holds the key to success or failure IMO. Any two from Noone, Wildschut, Dyer and Bonce's mate out wide but will he be brave enough to start Oz again? Difficult not to after being forced into subbing him last week although he hadn't exactly set the game on fire whilst he was on. And then there's the Doidge quandary. Have we overpaid for a player who can't hack it at this level or is he just warming up?
Lots of variables to consider so I'm going to have a wild guess at a 2 - 2 draw.

2BWFC 1-0 Derby Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Mon Sep 24 2018, 20:11

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Derby are one of our bogey teams, our manager hasn't worked out how to play home games with this season's squad and we don't have a midfielder or attacker who would get offered a contract at Derby.The only good news is that Derby have a rookie manager.
I'd be delighted with a point
0-2

3BWFC 1-0 Derby Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Wed Sep 26 2018, 23:52

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm going to predict a win for us purely on the grounds that Derby ran themselves ragged against Man Utd and are probably still blissed out from winning that match. I know that's very optimistic of me but I think it's going to be Bolton 1 - 0 Derby with Wildschut to score

4BWFC 1-0 Derby Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Thu Sep 27 2018, 05:38

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm becoming a pessimistic old sod- so I think there's nowt for us in this match.
2-0 to Stoke

5BWFC 1-0 Derby Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Thu Sep 27 2018, 10:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:I'm becoming a pessimistic old sod- so I think there's nowt for us in this match.
2-0 to Stoke
It doesn't get more pessimistic than predicting we'll get beat by a team we're not playing TBH. Smile

6BWFC 1-0 Derby Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Thu Sep 27 2018, 11:06

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ha ha

7BWFC 1-0 Derby Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Thu Sep 27 2018, 11:08

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

8BWFC 1-0 Derby Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Thu Sep 27 2018, 17:44

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Don't listen Rammy. I consider you a man of vision, and are looking further ahead than the rest of us  Very Happy

9BWFC 1-0 Derby Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Thu Sep 27 2018, 17:49

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

gloswhite wrote:Don't listen Rammy. I consider you a man of vision, and are looking further ahead than the rest of us  Very Happy

Thanks Glos but I feel a bit of a dickhead!!
Anyway I'm in South Africa on safari so I don't really care. But seeing its Derby ( and not Stoke) I think it will now be 3-0

10BWFC 1-0 Derby Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Thu Sep 27 2018, 17:52

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Done that, and loved every minute. Enjoy mate, its a brilliant country !

11BWFC 1-0 Derby Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Thu Sep 27 2018, 18:37

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

We are away at Stoke on Tuesday and after already losing at home to Wigan and Blackburn they'll be wanting to avoid the hat trick of home defeats by recently 3rd tier North West clubs.
Unfortunately I cant see Derby's efforts on Tuesday night hampering them energy levels wise, if it had been Wednesday night maybe.Their biggest concern will be complacency

12BWFC 1-0 Derby Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Thu Sep 27 2018, 20:11

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Lampard loved the Reebok in his Chelsea days, our home form plus the upsurge from Derby makes this look ominous . We haven't scored in the first half for 10 home games (so i am told) so i expect the law of averages to kick in with a goal (Oz) only to go on and lose 1-3 i hope i am way off the mark.

13BWFC 1-0 Derby Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Thu Sep 27 2018, 20:14

You lot are miserable, we’ve got nothing to fear in this game. Not expecting a win but we’ve shown enough this season to know we can challenge anyone in this division.

14BWFC 1-0 Derby Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Thu Sep 27 2018, 20:19

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Growler wrote:We are away at Stoke on Tuesday and after already losing at home to Wigan and Blackburn they'll be wanting to avoid the hat trick of home defeats by recently 3rd tier North West clubs.
Unfortunately I cant see Derby's efforts on Tuesday night hampering them energy levels wise, if it had been Wednesday night maybe.Their biggest concern will be complacency
They don't need energy levels.....skilled footballers make the ball do the work. Chasing after balls that are just lumped up is what knackers you out. 
Complacency is a possible though..... they might figure they only have to turn up to beat us after the high of beating the scum.
So with that in mind we should go after them early ...... or wait till we are two goals down then go after them.

15BWFC 1-0 Derby Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Thu Sep 27 2018, 20:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't see anything but a dicking. But I won't be making the same mistake as QPR.

I will be watching Chorley v Chester, a much bigger game.

16BWFC 1-0 Derby Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Thu Sep 27 2018, 20:45

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:I can't see anything but a dicking. But I won't be making the same mistake as QPR.

I will be watching Chorley v Chester, a much bigger game.
Who's going to occupy your box?

17BWFC 1-0 Derby Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Thu Sep 27 2018, 20:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:Who's going to occupy your box?

Sluffy has been dying to get into my box for years. Saturday is his big day.

18BWFC 1-0 Derby Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Thu Sep 27 2018, 20:50

terenceanne wrote:
Growler wrote:We are away at Stoke on Tuesday and after already losing at home to Wigan and Blackburn they'll be wanting to avoid the hat trick of home defeats by recently 3rd tier North West clubs.
They don't need energy levels.....skilled footballers make the ball do the work. Chasing after balls that are just lumped up is what knackers you out. 
Complacency is a possible though..... they might figure they only have to turn up to beat us after the high of beating the scum.
So with that in mind we should go after them early ...... or wait till we are two goals down then go after them.

They don’t need energy levels? Which players are you talking about exactly?

19BWFC 1-0 Derby Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Thu Sep 27 2018, 20:59

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:Who's going to occupy your box?

Sluffy has been dying to get into my box for years. Saturday is his big day.

I’m sure you would have wanted Cecil to join you in your box the other day Question

20BWFC 1-0 Derby Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Fri Sep 28 2018, 06:00

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum