Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mark Davies: Donkey or Genius?

+6
terenceanne
Hipster_Nebula
Mallorca Trotter
largehat
Bernard Dennis Park
Natasha Whittam
10 posters

Reply to topic

What is Mark Davies?

Mark Davies: Donkey or Genius? Vote_lcap24%Mark Davies: Donkey or Genius? Vote_rcap 24% [ 4 ]
Mark Davies: Donkey or Genius? Vote_lcap65%Mark Davies: Donkey or Genius? Vote_rcap 65% [ 11 ]
Mark Davies: Donkey or Genius? Vote_lcap11%Mark Davies: Donkey or Genius? Vote_rcap 11% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 17

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mark Davies: Donkey or Genius? Empty Mark Davies: Donkey or Genius? Sat Aug 25 2012, 12:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sick of the hype surrounding Mark Davies. I don't believe Swansea are preparing a huge bid, surely they'd have had him watched in the three games we've played?

The guy goes missing for virtually the whole match. And when he does have the ball, all he can do is pass sideways. I'd take Andy Reid over Mavies any day of the week.

Surely I'm not alone in thinking this?

Last edited by Natasha Whittam on Sat Aug 25 2012, 12:28; edited 1 time in total

2Mark Davies: Donkey or Genius? Empty Re: Mark Davies: Donkey or Genius? Sat Aug 25 2012, 12:27

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He's got talent but rarely uses it. I don't know if it's his fault or Coyles for not using him correctly. I'd sell him.

3Mark Davies: Donkey or Genius? Empty Re: Mark Davies: Donkey or Genius? Sat Aug 25 2012, 12:27

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think after the 2nd bid was rejected a week ago (the 6m one), Swansea have set their sights elsewhere. That would explain the absence of scouts.

4Mark Davies: Donkey or Genius? Empty Re: Mark Davies: Donkey or Genius? Sat Aug 25 2012, 13:23

Mallorca Trotter

Mallorca Trotter
David Lee
David Lee

If OC gets the boot & a new man switches to 433, I'd love Mavies in the team..

But a current 442 with him in and the defensive capabilities and tactics of a newt.. I'd sell..

5Mark Davies: Donkey or Genius? Empty Re: Mark Davies: Donkey or Genius? Sat Aug 25 2012, 13:42

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Neither.

6Mark Davies: Donkey or Genius? Empty Re: Mark Davies: Donkey or Genius? Sat Aug 25 2012, 13:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Neither.

Foes list.

7Mark Davies: Donkey or Genius? Empty Re: Mark Davies: Donkey or Genius? Sat Aug 25 2012, 15:00

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

After todays performance by Swansea they certainly don't need him.

8Mark Davies: Donkey or Genius? Empty Re: Mark Davies: Donkey or Genius? Sat Aug 25 2012, 15:04

Mr White

Mr White
David Ngog
David Ngog

Did anyone see Jussi's howler? I feel sorry for him, but can't help but think he should be playing in league two if he wanted to prolong his career.

9Mark Davies: Donkey or Genius? Empty Re: Mark Davies: Donkey or Genius? Sat Aug 25 2012, 16:29

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

terenceanne wrote:After todays performance by Swansea they certainly don't need him.
Best display of a passing tutorial that we should learn from.

10Mark Davies: Donkey or Genius? Empty Re: Mark Davies: Donkey or Genius? Sat Aug 25 2012, 19:12

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Sparky is a very frustrating player, 4-4-2 or not a good midfielder should be able to stamp his authority on the game no matter what system. Do you think Gerrard or Lampard would go missing if liverpool or chelsea changed how they play?

Not saying he is as good as them 2 players but all in all Davies is an average player and like a few youngsters we have had over the years will not live up to his potential here.

11Mark Davies: Donkey or Genius? Empty Re: Mark Davies: Donkey or Genius? Sat Aug 25 2012, 19:21

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But i don't think CM is his position personally.

I think he should be roving behind the striker. I'm happy to be proved wrong if he stinks it up in that position but when we had him with Muamba behind so he could stay forward he had his best spell for us.

He needs the ball at his feet further forward.

12Mark Davies: Donkey or Genius? Empty Re: Mark Davies: Donkey or Genius? Sat Aug 25 2012, 19:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

A myth. He had plenty of the ball on the edge of the area last night. He passed sideways.

13Mark Davies: Donkey or Genius? Empty Re: Mark Davies: Donkey or Genius? Sat Aug 25 2012, 19:47

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

A myth. He had plenty of the ball on the edge of the area last night. He passed sideways.

All of our midfielders do that though, coyle obviously tells them to play it out wide and must think it's our best chance of scoring.

We're not exactly in a win win situation, davies can't score from midfield, we have no anchor man to help the defence and pratley is fucking aweful.

14Mark Davies: Donkey or Genius? Empty Re: Mark Davies: Donkey or Genius? Sat Aug 25 2012, 19:50

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I don't agree surprisingly.

The one time he got the ball in a good area he burst into the box and we had a chance.

15Mark Davies: Donkey or Genius? Empty Re: Mark Davies: Donkey or Genius? Sat Aug 25 2012, 19:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I don't agree surprisingly.

The one time he got the ball in a good area he burst into the box and we had a chance.

Just flicked through the first half.

13 minutes - on corner of box, options in middle, passes sideways to Eagles.

24 minutes - Just outside the 'D', simple pass into Sordell in box, chooses to pass (poorly) to Lee.

41 minutes - Eagles brings ball 40 yards, gives pass to Davies 2 yards outside the box. Davies stumbles on ball, cleared by defender.

16Mark Davies: Donkey or Genius? Empty Re: Mark Davies: Donkey or Genius? Sat Aug 25 2012, 19:54

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd have to have a look nat.

but as always happy to be proved wrong.

I just think when he turns and runs, thats his skill, i just want to see him further forward simple.

17Mark Davies: Donkey or Genius? Empty Re: Mark Davies: Donkey or Genius? Sat Aug 25 2012, 23:25

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It would be nice to think that we could use the money for a couple of other players ...however I don't trust OC at the moment. The players brought in so far have been no better than the donkeys that left. So I'd keep Mavies (a mugson signing) if I recall correctly.
As for Mavies ....this is close to the peak already. Might get a little better or benefit from playing somewhere else....but that mysterious potential will not be reached IMO.

18Mark Davies: Donkey or Genius? Empty Re: Mark Davies: Donkey or Genius? Sun Aug 26 2012, 09:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He got the little Messi tag for picking up the ball and running at defenders to create openings and in the current system he will get very few chances to do that. Without a defensive mid to give him licence he is tied into a role that doesn't suit him and he looks average at best and very nervous about charging forward given our propensity to overcommit and then get caught on the break a la Andy Reid. If we sort out the back, get an anchor player and give him more freedom to push on we'll see how good he can be. And I don't think the hype and speculation surrounding the transfer can have helped him focus.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum