Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brexit negotiations

+17
gloswhite
Dunkels King
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
Growler
wessy
Cajunboy
rammywhite
okocha
finlaymcdanger
Norpig
karlypants
luckyPeterpiper
Sluffy
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 32 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 50]

261Brexit negotiations - Page 14 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Nov 27 2018, 11:05

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:I make my own decisions, you seem obsessed by following other people.

It shouldn't matter what Cameron, Farage, David Beckham, Will Buckley or the Queen thought - you should make decisions based on your own experiences and knowledge.

Oddly enough I agree with you.

The point I have been trying to make is that if a bunch of dodgy people are trying to sell you something you should be suspicious and you could not put together a more unpleasant and dodgy group than those arguing for brexit.

262Brexit negotiations - Page 14 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Nov 27 2018, 11:55

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The problem is when we had the referendum the question was do we stay in or out. Neither side provided enough information for people to make an informed decision. 
Makes me laugh now all these people who are experts on things like fishing rights and customs unions when nobody knew a bloody thing about them at the time or even had a clue they would be an issue!

263Brexit negotiations - Page 14 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Nov 27 2018, 13:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If people voted to leave the EU for economic reasons they are likely to have changed their minds about leaving unless they are so paranoid about being perceived to have been wrong they are prepared to cut off their own nose to spite their face.
If people voted to leave the EU for xenophobic reasons it really doesn’t matter which xenophobic politician or publication persuaded them as they are xenophobes anyway and will never like or trust our European partners - although they may wish to consider the “keep your friends close and your enemies closer” argument - I.e. stay in to have an influence.
I think the only relevant question now is how bad does it have to get before the leave lobby grow the balls to admit that leaving the EU is and always has been a stupid mistake and drop the whole Brexit nonsense.

264Brexit negotiations - Page 14 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Nov 27 2018, 17:49

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:If people voted to leave the EU for economic reasons they are likely to have changed their minds about leaving unless they are so paranoid about being perceived to have been wrong they are prepared to cut off their own nose to spite their face.
If people voted to leave the EU for xenophobic reasons it really doesn’t matter which xenophobic politician or publication persuaded them as they are xenophobes anyway and will never like or trust our European partners - although they may wish to consider the “keep your friends close and your enemies closer” argument - I.e. stay in to have an influence.
I think the only relevant question now is how bad does it have to get before the leave lobby grow the balls to admit that leaving the EU is and always has been a stupid mistake and drop the whole Brexit nonsense.
Unfortunately it's already too late for that lusty. Once Article 50 was invoked the clock began an unstoppable countdown. The Scottish government are attempting to argue they have the right to unilaterally opt to stay in the EU in court as we speak but since Scotland is NOT an EU member in its own right I can't see them winning. Frankly the whole business is an unmitigated disaster brought on by an arrogant fool (Cameron), supported by a bunch of people I wouldn't allow into my house (eg Farage and the entire Murdoch organisation) whose lies were swallowed whole by a bunch of middle class, middle England voters who seem to live in a world that never existed outside the confines of Ealing Studios or Pinewood.

Whatever the leavers may say our children and grandchildren will pay a very heavy price for that self delusion and short sightedness. Britain will become more irrelevant on the world stage by the day and that it won't be long before all the major foreign companies who have bases and factories here will move them all to mainland Europe because of the various tarriffs and duties that are going to come in once we're no longer an EU member.

265Brexit negotiations - Page 14 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Nov 27 2018, 18:49

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
wanderlust wrote:If people voted to leave the EU for economic reasons they are likely to have changed their minds about leaving unless they are so paranoid about being perceived to have been wrong they are prepared to cut off their own nose to spite their face.
Unfortunately it's already too late for that lusty. Once Article 50 was invoked the clock began an unstoppable countdown. The Scottish government are attempting to argue they have the right to unilaterally opt to stay in the EU in court as we speak but since Scotland is NOT an EU member in its own right I can't see them winning. Frankly the whole business is an unmitigated disaster brought on by an arrogant fool (Cameron), supported by a bunch of people I wouldn't allow into my house (eg Farage and the entire Murdoch organisation) whose lies were swallowed whole by a bunch of middle class, middle England voters who seem to live in a world that never existed outside the confines of Ealing Studios or Pinewood.

Whatever the leavers may say our children and grandchildren will pay a very heavy price for that self delusion and short sightedness. Britain will become more irrelevant on the world stage by the day and that it won't be long before all the major foreign companies who have bases and factories here will move them all to mainland Europe because of the various tarriffs and duties that are going to come in once we're no longer an EU member.

I agree with almost everything you say but it wasn't so much the middle class who voted for brexit it was much more the old, the less well educated and northerners!

266Brexit negotiations - Page 14 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Nov 27 2018, 18:53

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

:yeahright:

267Brexit negotiations - Page 14 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Nov 27 2018, 20:05

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

FFS you remainers on here are so fucking arrogant. Who do you think you are? Are you famous, have you made a substantial contribution to UK society or contributed millions to our economy? Have you fuck. You sit there and pontificate as though what you say is always correct, (because you only agree with those with the self same views as yourself). and denigrate all other comments or views that are not in accord with yours. You're nothing special, get over yourselves.

Look at this comment: 

"but it wasn't so much the middle class who voted for brexit it was much more the old, the less well educated and northerners!" 

Nice one XM, what a pompous prick you really are. I stopped reading this thread because of the sickening attitude of you morons, and as soon as I get back, you fall into the same attitude and arrogance as before. You can say what you like on here, I wont be reading it again.

268Brexit negotiations - Page 14 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Nov 27 2018, 20:11

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:FFS you remainers on here are so fucking arrogant. Who do you think you are? Are you famous, have you made a substantial contribution to UK society or contributed millions to our economy? Have you fuck. You sit there and pontificate as though what you say is always correct, (because you only agree with those with the self same views as yourself). and denigrate all other comments or views that are not in accord with yours. You're nothing special, get over yourselves.

Look at this comment: 

"but it wasn't so much the middle class who voted for brexit it was much more the old, the less well educated and northerners!" 

Nice one XM, what a pompous prick you really are. I stopped reading this thread because of the sickening attitude of you morons, and as soon as I get back, you fall into the same attitude and arrogance as before. You can say what you like on here, I wont be reading it again.

A brilliant demonstration of how toxic facts are to leavers. It is a fact that people who voted leave were more likely to be old, less well educated and from the north. That is a fact.

Sad that you have over-reacted glos because I thought you were better than that and there is no need to resort to abuse. Particularly ironic when you yourself complained about the abuse leavers are supposed to have received.

269Brexit negotiations - Page 14 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Nov 27 2018, 20:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:I agree with almost everything you say but it wasn't so much the middle class who voted for brexit it was much more the old, the less well educated and northerners!

Sometimes you really do come across as an arrogant tosspot.

270Brexit negotiations - Page 14 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Nov 27 2018, 21:49

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:FFS you remainers on here are so fucking arrogant. Who do you think you are? Are you famous, have you made a substantial contribution to UK society or contributed millions to our economy? Have you fuck. You sit there and pontificate as though what you say is always correct, (because you only agree with those with the self same views as yourself). and denigrate all other comments or views that are not in accord with yours. You're nothing special, get over yourselves.

Look at this comment: 

Well said Glos! :clap: :clap: :clap:

271Brexit negotiations - Page 14 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Nov 27 2018, 21:50

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
xmiles wrote:I agree with almost everything you say but it wasn't so much the middle class who voted for brexit it was much more the old, the less well educated and northerners!

This is the problem with all Remainers.

272Brexit negotiations - Page 14 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Nov 27 2018, 21:54

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leavers.
Brexit negotiations - Page 14 1355644591_e0814af87c_b

Remainers.

Brexit negotiations - Page 14 E5b5393a4dc5f8a94dd2886539822ad4

Razz Razz

273Brexit negotiations - Page 14 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Nov 27 2018, 22:12

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Yes you think it is a crime to state the truth. Why don't you face reality; these are simple facts.

Last edited by xmiles on Tue Nov 27 2018, 22:21; edited 1 time in total

274Brexit negotiations - Page 14 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Nov 27 2018, 22:14

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

karlypants wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

This is the problem with all Remainers.

As usual it is the leavers hurling abuse because they can't deal with reality.

275Brexit negotiations - Page 14 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Nov 27 2018, 22:20

gloswhite wrote:Sorry TROY, can't agree (how unusual  Smile), They do have something to lose, a great deal in fact. The problem for us is that losses for them will have less effect on the EU, than any corresponding losses on the UK.  They can ride out any disruption than us, which gives them the upper hand. If we were to walk away, (probably through our own ineptitude), then I believe you will see a flurry of activity either individually, or as the EU itself. What we mustn't do, is give in even further.

What deal are we offering them though? No freedom of movement but we want full access to the single market without paying any future fees? It’s just not going to happen, and why should it? 

The fact is we benefited massively from the EU, now we need to find another way. It’s not them doing us over, or Labour it’s time you looked at the Brexiteers who sold these lies. It’s just not as simple as they made out.

276Brexit negotiations - Page 14 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Nov 28 2018, 04:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leavers and remainers came from all societal groups apart from those who were prevented from having a vote in the referendum Yes there are some common trends within subgroups but I can’t see anything that be gained by focusing on how society is constituted. The only thing that matters now is that nobody  will get what they wanted because nobody knew what they were voting for and no group will get what they thought they were voting for and on that basis alone it should be canned.
And despite what peter says, it is reversible if the people stand up to a government attempting to railroad through a deal nobody wants. 
What are they going to do if we say no? Commit political suicide?

277Brexit negotiations - Page 14 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Nov 28 2018, 08:34

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Here are the facts about how the brexit vote went:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=13&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwilx87g1fbeAhWIgM4BHfx5CGIQFjAMegQIAxAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fyougov.co.uk%2Ftopics%2Fpolitics%2Farticles-reports%2F2016%2F06%2F27%2Fhow-britain-voted&usg=AOvVaw266rNW_gQsa65pM_iGNAEU

It says a lot about the kind of people who support brexit on this site that merely stating these facts leads to a torrent of abuse. Still they probably find that easier than engaging in a rational discussion.

278Brexit negotiations - Page 14 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Nov 28 2018, 09:00

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:Here are the facts about how the brexit vote went:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=13&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwilx87g1fbeAhWIgM4BHfx5CGIQFjAMegQIAxAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fyougov.co.uk%2Ftopics%2Fpolitics%2Farticles-reports%2F2016%2F06%2F27%2Fhow-britain-voted&usg=AOvVaw266rNW_gQsa65pM_iGNAEU

It says a lot about the kind of people who support brexit on this site that merely stating these facts leads to a torrent of abuse. Still they probably find that easier than engaging in a rational discussion.

Well I didn't vote in that poll and I very much doubt Glos did so you can go and shove the inaccurate poll up your arse. :biggrin:

279Brexit negotiations - Page 14 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Nov 28 2018, 09:04

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

karlypants wrote:
xmiles wrote:Here are the facts about how the brexit vote went:

Well I didn't vote in that poll and I very much doubt Glos did so you can go and shove the inaccurate poll up your arse. :biggrin:

The usual and expected response from someone who doesn't even understand what a poll is.

280Brexit negotiations - Page 14 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Nov 28 2018, 09:39

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

How many people on here considered Ireland when voting in the 2016 referendum? 
Honest answers only please.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 32 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum