Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My bank account has been compromised!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My bank account has been compromised! Empty My bank account has been compromised! Mon Nov 05 2018, 15:17

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just had the shock of my life, i was checking my online account and came across a load of pending payments to Just Eat and Tesco in other parts of the country.
I rang my bank and got it sorted hopefully but i'm still in shock, the amount spent was around £340!

The chap i spoke to said it was probably linked to a ticketmaster data breach a while ago that i wasn't aware of or forgot about. He also advised me not to store any of my card details on online sites which i have been guilty of in the past and certainly won't be doing from now on.
I will be using paypal as much as possible in the future.

Anyone else been caught out like this? It made me feel sick when i noticed something was wrong.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The only time it happened to me was when I noticed some payments to Vodafone, a company I didn't use. I got in touch with my bank, who informed me that my card had probably been compromised, and they'd send me a new one.
The amount was only £60, but it was a shock to the system.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i was checking my online account and came across a load of pending payments to Just Eat

You fat bastard. Just accept you have a problem.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I had a credit card hacked once. Pretty certain I know where it happened too - the waiter said there was a problem with the card machine and my card was out of my sight when he processed the payment. I only found out about it because the credit card company called me to query a couple of unusual transactions. Fortunately they blocked these and sent me a new card.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is serious Nat, i almost had a heart attack! I'm still not over the shock.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mine sounds like my details have been sold on to someone if it was linked to a Ticketmaster breach.

The odd thing was my bank sent me a new card last week and the chap i spoke to said they had sent out new cards to lots of customers because of this threat but they never actually mentioned it to me when the new card arrived.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Mine sounds like my details have been sold on to someone if it was linked to a Ticketmaster breach.

That's turned out to be an expensive Little Mix concert.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum