Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers v Leeds United: Ben Alnwick on improved performances

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ben Alnwick believes it won’t be long before Wanderers have points to match their improving performances.

High-flying Leeds United come to the University of Bolton Stadium looking to capitalise on uncertain times and continue their pursuit of automatic promotion.

But while financial concerns have been well documented off the field, Phil Parkinson’s side has shown impressive resolve in their last few outings, which Alnwick expects to continue tomorrow.

“The lads are bang up for this weekend’s game,” he said. “We know what Leeds are about, they are a quality side but over the last few weeks, we’ve played some really good football like last weekend against Norwich.

“We were bitterly disappointed to concede so late on and I think on another day, we would have gotten something from that game.

“The last few games, we’ve been creeping back up to decent standards and I don’t think we are far away.

“We’ve haven’t been getting beat by large sums of goals every week and training has been good so we need to be fully focused.

“We’ve been trying to put our finger on why we haven’t been getting results and why we haven’t been getting goals at the other end.”

Wanderers’ players and coaching staff are hoping to draw a line under recent difficulties as they end a 14-day wait for their November salary, which is due to hit accounts this morning.

Denied a point at the bitter end at Carrow Road last weekend having fought back into the game from 2-0 down, Alnwick feels there should be nothing to fear from their next opponents Leeds if they show the same spark.

“To go to the league leaders and in spells be the better team, we must be doing something right,” he said.

“We played good football, created chances and certainly over the last few weeks there have been positives to take which is something we will be looking to take into Saturday’s game to get a result.”

Source

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I hope Ben's right. This is the usual 'can do' guff that all players and managers come out with these days but just once I'd like to see it followed up with actual positive results.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum