Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-2 West Brom

+9
observer
Sluffy
Cajunboy
gloswhite
karlypants
Norpig
Growler
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Bolton 0-2 West Brom - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 West Brom Mon Jan 21 2019, 17:48

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:There are plenty of facts around that you choose to ignore such as 3 winding up orders issued recently and that we didn't pay one penny to FGR and Norwich for players they were with us up to January, hence why we were put under a registration embargo.
Ken can't keep stringing people along and wait for EFL payments to clear his debts for much longer can he? How is he going to pay the debt to the Eddie Davies estate?

All the bills have been paid - out of the EFL money - exactly as I predicted they would. No one is out of pocket and if Vince hadn't made such a song and dance, we would no doubt have completed the signing of Doidge also.

If he hadn't the money to pay the bills until the EFL money came in, what else was he supposed to do but not pay them until the money was there? And before you answer pay it himself the business is a limited company for a reason - and that is to separate legally the requirement of a business from that of its owner. That's why Limited Companies exist.

As for repayment of the Moonshift loan - I'm the one who raised this point in the first place remember? It will be interesting to see if he does - I suspect not - in which case we will have new owners - Moonshift - in just a few weeks time.

Wonder what contingency plans they are making just in case this really does happen?

22Bolton 0-2 West Brom - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 West Brom Mon Jan 21 2019, 18:59

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:
Norpig wrote:There are plenty of facts around that you choose to ignore such as 3 winding up orders issued recently and that we didn't pay one penny to FGR and Norwich for players they were with us up to January, hence why we were put under a registration embargo.
Ken can't keep stringing people along and wait for EFL payments to clear his debts for much longer can he? How is he going to pay the debt to the Eddie Davies estate?

All the bills have been paid - out of the EFL money - exactly as I predicted they would.  No one is out of pocket and if Vince hadn't made such a song and dance, we would no doubt have completed the signing of Doidge also.

If he hadn't the money to pay the bills until the EFL money came in, what else was he supposed to do but not pay them until the money was there?  And before you answer pay it himself the business is a limited company for a reason - and that is to separate legally the requirement of a business from that of its owner.  That's why Limited Companies exist.

As for repayment of the Moonshift loan - I'm the one who raised this point in the first place remember?  It will be interesting to see if he does - I suspect not - in which case we will have new owners - Moonshift - in just a few weeks time.

Wonder what contingency plans they are making just in case this really does happen?

Or Moonshift extends the loan until the next payment comes in... really depends on who is in charge of their finances and what loyalty he or she may or may not have with the club.  Still worrisome that we are living hand to mouth (as one might say)!

23Bolton 0-2 West Brom - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 West Brom Mon Jan 21 2019, 19:14

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

24Bolton 0-2 West Brom - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 West Brom Mon Jan 21 2019, 19:15

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live via the Portal!

25Bolton 0-2 West Brom - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 West Brom Mon Jan 21 2019, 23:04

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Tried hard tonight, but as inept as they've been all season. Absolute lack of quality throughout the whole team

26Bolton 0-2 West Brom - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 West Brom Mon Jan 21 2019, 23:05

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I happened to be walking round the front of the stadium when the demo was going on and walked half way round the ground with them, there were hundreds in the demo
My favourite chant was Get out of club, get out of our club, You Greedy Bastard, get out of our club
Inside the ground there was noisy anti Anderson chanting and a few choruses of Super John McGinlay although the teams spirited performance got the fans supporting the team mostly.
As for the performance, WBA were poor on the night, if we didn't have 3rd rate attacking players signed on frees and 200k fees im sure we''d have got something from the match, they were there for the taking really

The dam has been broken for Anderson now, its all out hatred from a sizeable section of our support, the only way back for Anderson will be to spend a decent chunk of  the £11 million he took for Clough, Holding and Madine.But he's not here to do that.

27Bolton 0-2 West Brom - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 West Brom Mon Jan 21 2019, 23:26

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm not sure what's more disappointing, the match or the predictably flat demo led largely by a group of weak 13-16 year olds. The march had more of a sponsored walk for charity feel to it, than an angry protest against an orrible money grabbing bastard.

The only positive - and who gives a toss at this stage when we now seriously need points - is the team put a shift in. Unfortunately, where we've got Clayton Donaldsson - who in fairness ran his socks off - they have Dwight Gayle who is basically a younger, fitter, faster, better version, and that's just one example of the difference in individual quality.

28Bolton 0-2 West Brom - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 West Brom Mon Jan 21 2019, 23:46

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Tweet from Nathan Brierley (BWFC groundsman) -

Just finished work after a long 15hrs of cutting, marking and pre match prep and had coins thrown at me before kick off and witnessed Bolton fans punching a female steward. Fucking disgrace

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

29Bolton 0-2 West Brom - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 West Brom Tue Jan 22 2019, 00:15

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:Tweet from Nathan Brierley (BWFC groundsman) -

Just finished work after a long 15hrs of cutting, marking and pre match prep and had coins thrown at me before kick off and witnessed Bolton fans punching a female steward. Fucking disgrace

Wrong on several levels there, a bloke doing his job should not be subjected to such abuse, and any man punching a female needs a fucking good shoeing, but on to the match and Parkinson fucked up AGAIN big time, he should have gone 2 up top on the hour, but subbed like for like, how the fuck is that going to change the game? he is so fucking clueless it beggars belief, I honestly believe that most protesters are doing so because Ken sticks by this fucking clown.

30Bolton 0-2 West Brom - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 West Brom Tue Jan 22 2019, 00:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very frustrating again. The players worked very hard but the lack of quality - and more obviously pace and athleticism - showed.
If there was one thing I would change above and beyond anything else in an imaginary world where we had the money to do it it would be the midfield. 
Nothing wrong with Lowe, Murphy and O'Neil in terms of experience and endeavour, but they haven't got an engine between them resulting in wingers looking to put balls in the box for one or two players being marked out of it by 3 or 4 defenders or forwards having to run at a packed defence unsupported. That absence of options made their minds up for the wide men on most occasions, leading to mistakes or going backwards and yet again we never looked a threat.
Our players aren't great by any means but without support in all areas of the pitch they are on to a hiding to nothing. Noone and Ameobi did well, but whenever they created space they had bugger all options and the attacks just fizzled out.
Even if we had 3 box to box quality midfielders who could get forward, participate in attacks to give us the numbers needed and then get back quickly to defend  there would still be issues elsewhere, but the only part of the pitch where we weren't consistently outnumbered was the edge of our own box.
Again.
Is it Parky's fault or is that the best system we can play given the limitations of the squad? I'm not sure, but I do believe the lack of pace, power and stamina in midfield is killing us and negating the best efforts of the forward players - the biggest immediate issue IMO.

Anderson Out!

31Bolton 0-2 West Brom - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 West Brom Tue Jan 22 2019, 08:46

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another predictable loss and lots of effort but as already mentioned no quality. We had Donaldson who couldn't trap a bag of cement nevermind a football and O'Neill playing 9 and 10 last night with a combined age of well over 70! Nice to see one of the young lads get a run out but why no Oztumer again? He has been frozen out completely by the looks. He at least would be an option of the bench surely?
Poor defending for both goals and i have no idea what Hobbs was doing for the 2nd goal, he just stopped. I presume he thought Alnwick was coming for it?

The match was just a sideshow last night, didn't see the female steward get punched or the coins but that is completely out of order. Yes show your displeasure by singing and having banners but don't take it on the match day staff.

I was surprised by the number on the march round the ground, i was expecting much less but as the match wore on and we looked less and less likely to get anything from the game even the chants died down, such is the apathy around the club at the moment.

32Bolton 0-2 West Brom - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 West Brom Tue Jan 22 2019, 09:33

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Bolton Wanderers 0-2 West Bromwich Albion

Bolton Wanderers were defeated 2-0 in the Sky Bet Championship at the hands of West Bromwich Albion, with goals coming from Jay Rodriguez and Sam

Team News

Phil Parkinson made four changes to his starting eleven that went up against Bristol City in the Sky Bet Championship.

David Wheater and Jonathan Grounds dropped out for Jack Hobbs and Andrew Taylor, with Josh Magennis and Will Buckley replaced by Clayton Donaldson and Gary O’Neil.

First Half

Almost straight after the whistle went in this half, Wanderers nearly went ahead after a Craig Noone cross found Gary O’Neil who nodded the ball across goal and just past the far post.

Seven minutes in and a gigantic kick up field from Sam Johnstone found in-form Dwight Gayle, who brought the ball down and fired towards Alnwick’s goal from the angle, but couldn’t find the target.

On the 16th minute, a high, looping cross from Andrew Taylor found Gary O’Neil at the back post, who managed to evade his marker before heading over the bar. There were claims on a penalty on the midfielder but the referee David Webb waved them away.

The visitors went ahead three minutes after this, as a Chris Brunt free-kick was headed back across goal by Ahmed Hegazi, leaving Jay Rodriguez to tap it in from inside the six-yard box.

Wanderers kept threatening throughout the half, as Gary O’Neil produced a curled cross into the danger area, but the Whites unable to capitalise on the tantalising delivery.

Luke Murphy nearly put the Whites back in this clash, with Clayton Donaldson teeing up the midfielder who just mishit his shot wide of the mark.

On the half hour mark, Pawel Olkowski expertly picked out Sammy Ameobi on the edge of the area, who shot at goal with pace only for Johnstone to tip it over the bar.

Dwight Gayle nearly doubled Albion’s lead six minutes from the break, as he struck a 30-yard free-kick that clipped the top of the crossbar. Inches away from a sublime goal.

Second Half

Phil Parkinson’s men came out of the blocks strong, as Jason Lowe latched onto a loose ball from a Craig Noone corner ball.

He turned and shot on the half volley, producing a fantastic diving save from Johnstone.

Ten minutes into the second phase and a Sam Field corner was met powerfully by Baggies defender Ahmed Hegazi, but his effort lacked direction and flew over away from goal.

Just past the hour mark, Noone produced a trademark delivery into the Baggies penalty area, that was asking to be finished off by a Wanderers attacker but nobody was able to get a touch on the football.

Wanderers continued to press forward, with Noone, Ameobi and Murphy all trying to unlock the door to the Albion defence for the leveller.

However with 15 minutes to go of regulation play, Sam Field latched onto a through ball which pierced the Wanderers defensive line before the midfielder poked the ball underneath Alnwick.

Craig Noone tried to rally a response, as he picked out Will Buckley at the near post with a cross but his midfielder partner could not steer the ball into Johnstone’s goal.

Three minutes of the 90 left when Josh Magennis managed to flick on a throw-in to Buckley, who hit a first time half-volley that petered just wide of the Albion goal.

Wanderers continued to press on until the very end but were unable to find a way back into this Sky Bet Championship clash.

Full Time

Wanderers XI: Alnwick (C), Taylor, Lowe, Beevers, Donaldson (Magennis 69), Ameobi, Noone (Pritchard 83), Hobbs, Murphy (Buckley 69), Olkowski, O’Neil.

Unused substitutes: Matthews, Wilson, Wheater, Connell

33Bolton 0-2 West Brom - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 West Brom Tue Jan 22 2019, 10:44

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hobbs was utter Shite, shocking defending for both goals, another embarrassment !!!!

34Bolton 0-2 West Brom - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 West Brom Tue Jan 22 2019, 11:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We actually played quite well last night (by recent standards), we were certainly in the game until the second goal went in.

It seems that after 18 months Parky has finally realised Noone is a left winger (who'd have thought?), and I thought he was our best player. O'Neill ran him close.

But once again the complete lack of a striker killed us. Magennis is no Ronaldo, but he's our leading scorer and is the most likely to convert a Noone cross and should have started. However, the decision to release Le Fondre looks more ridiculous as every scoreless game goes by. He was a player who could create something from nothing and, obviously, was a far better finisher than any of the dross currently employed.

As for the manager, another negative set up that hardly changed until WBA were 2-0 up. We have 1 win in 18, there comes a time when you have to accept your tactics are bobbins, and try a more attacking game. And what of Little and Oztumer? Little has been treated disgracefully in my opinion, he was one of our best players last season, particularly coming forward. Now he can't even make the bench. And while Oz hasn't been great, the fact he's our only attacking midfielder means he should at least be on the bench every week.

Don't let the off-field shenanigans mask the fact the manager is clueless. We are going down because of his tactics and his signings.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum