Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton's Jack Hobbs on FA Cup defeat at Bristol and Reading clash

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jack Hobbs hopes Wanderers’ FA Cup disappointment will leave no lasting impression.

Phil Parkinson’s side host relegation rivals Reading on Tuesday night looking to bounce back immediately from their narrow 2-1 defeat at Ashton Gate.

Hobbs took some heart from the way a patched-up side played in the cup, in particular full debuts for youngsters Luca Connell and Joe Pritchard.

But after failing to grab a place in the fifth round the defender is keen to focus completely on escaping the bottom three of the Championship.

“I think we played well, the performance was good, it was just the result we didn’t get. But we can take positives into Tuesday night,” he said on Friday night.

“It’s a huge game, we have to be at our best.

“We have got to focus on the league now. All our attention is on Reading now.”

Wanderers gave away a 1-0 lead for the second time in a fortnight against Bristol City, which was the biggest disappointment on the night for Hobbs.

“We needed to tighten up for that five minutes after we scored and it’s frustrating,” he said.

“It was a nice finish from Beevs to make it 1-0 and it didn’t seem to long before we were 2-1 down and the hard work to get ahead was undone and we were up against it again.

“They have got a lot of quality in their side and move the ball well but I thought we gave a good account of ourselves. On another day we’d have come away with something. I’m frustrated and disappointed.

“On the balance of it, we were well in it and probably deserved something from it.

“I thought the two young lads did really well, Luca (Luca Connell) and Pritch (Joe Pritchard), I’m pleased for them.

“Ultimately, though, it was disappointment.”

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We're brilliant at taking positives from a defeat.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum