Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Club Future - Administration or bust?

+27
finlaymcdanger
okocha
Leeds_Trotter
Sluffy
wanderlust
Buellix
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
bryan458
rogercpc
gloswhite
BoltonTillIDie
Nigelbwfc
observer
maconman
rammywhite
Norpig
boltonbonce
DEANO82
Cajunboy
MartinBWFC
terenceanne
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
xmiles
karlypants
y2johnny
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 36 ... 52  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 52]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
rammywhite wrote:
wanderlust wrote:"with one source claiming more than £10m of unexpected creditors have been unearthed"

Sadly my "completely unfounded suggestions that "Mr Anderson" may be pawning the club's assets" may have some truth about them, but we'll see.

One thing is for sure: the day that we finally get to the truth about Anderson's tenure is fast approaching and that will be the day that the accounts are finally published.

Lusty,

Don't put too much faith in the Accounts, not because they will be manipulated but because they are a statutory reporting statement which  must obey the disclosure requirements laid down in law.
Whether a liability is certain, probable or remote is a matter of judgement. For example Dale's claim for damages might not pass the test for disclosure if the auditors feel that it is remote. Additionally any liabilities created since the year end won't be there simply because they happened after the year end. Thus the latest creditors such as police, ambulance, caterers ,etc., if the liability did not exist at the balance sheet date, then no mention of them will appear in the Accounts.
So don't expect that all will become clear- because it won't.
As I mentioned earlier- look for an audit qualification and that will be a more serious litmus test of the ability of the club to survive.
The balance sheet doesn't really lie if it's been signed off by the auditors does it? After all it is a snapshot of the club's value on a particular day, a specific moment in time but with caveats.
Sure the business could go out and borrow a load of money the next day, but that creates both income in the form of the money borrowed and expenditure in the form of a debt to the same value.
I think what you are talking about is the (well used) scenario of having received a service but the bill for it has not yet come in and therefore doesn't appear in the accounts, but should be mentioned as an unrecorded liability for audit purposes (accruals and deferrals) 
What I'll be looking for is the impact of the whole of Anderson's tenure - a period long enough for the birds to come home to roost and the bottom line for me is that he took over a business with a balance of over £42 million and according to his own figures this had shrunk to £38 million in his first year, since when nothing has been filed.
What we also know is that any potential buyer will want to know about any unrecorded liabilities - which is probably where this alleged £10 million figure came from - and the reason why the buyer walked. We also know that if in the event of a miracle happening and somebody buys us, there's a strong chance they'll file asap to publicly baseline the acquisition and that will include all liabilities, so one way or another we'll get a pretty good idea of how much value Anderson has squandered.
We can then compare that to the estimated cost of administration in 2016 and will finally be able to answer the question "did Anderson "save" the club or did he just f*** us over" with some degree of clarity.

I don't want to go into a technical discussion about  all of this but essentially it's about in-year events and after balance sheet date events and that is quite technical, going well beyond any discussion of accruals.  Even if a pre- balance sheet service has been rendered without an invoice being received that would be part of a purchases provision and included in the Accounts
The balance sheet doesn't lie because  what's in it is what corporate law says what should  be in it although many of the values are challengeable particularly for non current assets. Its what's NOT  in it  that is important and that's why its an incomplete residual statement.
  If a business went out and borrowed a load of money it would certainly form an income but not necessarily an expenditure as it might simply not spend the money.
All  of this  stuff reflects the fact that I've been an FCA for over 40 years and prepared and signed off hundreds of audit reports and so technically I have a vey deep knowledge of all of this.
 It probably bores the backside off most people on here so lets draw a line under the discussion and then see what the Accounts actually say.
Totally agree with all of that Rammy and I can see where you are coming from an accountant's perspective.  As consulting business strategist I had worked on the assumption that Anderson has not been able to borrow without there being charges on assets in return for at least the last two years, and that the balance sheet, whilst not being a perfect measure of a business's value,as you point out can and should be a pretty damned accurate summary, though I agree that technically there can be exceptions to that objective, especially if there's some "creativity" going on.
As you say we'll see what the accounts say and I think we are in agreement that a new owner's filing is likely to be more comprehensive and telling which is the point I was making.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well this is exciting! 
Mystery bidder is someone Anderson denied was interested previously so my money's on the Turkish guy who owns McVitie's but we'll see. Anyway he's agreed to buy the debt (capitalise the receipts) and although that's not the same as actually paying them off, it should give the creditors some comfort.

Again we're back in the position of seeing if this one gets over the line. Not sure if Anderson has any spanners left.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

So is MURAT ULKER the man behind the KENYON bid?

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

This sounds promising, wonder who coughs up for wages next week though.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We are soon to be owned by a billionaire

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

It would be the best thing to happen to the club for years if a billionaire fancies it as a luxury item to spend a few quid on.I'll believe it when it happens

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Championship side Bolton Wanderers were in court  with an unpaid tax bill of £1.2 million at the heart of their problems. They have been given until April 3rd to provide the Court with an update, with HMRC having brought the action against them. Current owner Ken Anderson has 94.5% of the club's shares, and this week Bolton confirmed that a Cheshire-based consortium had withdrawn. They claimed in court that they were in talks with a second buyer and expected to be able to provide a commitment within the next 14 days. The court was told that the would-be buyer currently owns a stake in another football club, and so needs more time to relinquish control of that club before taking on any stake in Bolton. 

Bolton's situation is complicated by the fact that League Two side Forest Green Rovers have announced they are taking legal action against Bolton for breach of contract. The Gloucestershire side are proceeding after the transfer of striker Christian Doidge collapsed in January, with Bolton unable to make payment for the player they took on a loan deal during August 2018. Forest Green have since taken Doidge back, and are fielding him in their league fixtures, with Bolton apparently unable to pay the permanent transfer fee, which had been in excess of £1 million, with the first stage payment of £250,000 due in January 2019. Forest Green are also suing for Bolton's failure to pay Doidge's wages during his four months on loan there. 

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Free biscuits! cheers

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:What a surprise Wanderlust believes he knows more about accountancy than someone who has been a professional one for over 40 years.

To be fair to him though I do hope he is right about Ron Billionaire (or any other very rich investor) buying us - we all would rather that happen than not.
You never give up do you even though your bullshit is based on "knowing what I believe" rather than actually reading what I write or having the faintest clue about my experience and qualifications.

And as I said months ago, Ron Billionaire's boat has long since sailed - but Murat Billionaire's may well have just docked, seeing that he's recently moved part of his business empire to Bolton.

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Cajunboy wrote:Championship side Bolton Wanderers were in court  with an unpaid tax bill of £1.2 million at the heart of their problems. They have been given until April 3rd to provide the Court with an update, with HMRC having brought the action against them. Current owner Ken Anderson has 94.5% of the club's shares, and this week Bolton confirmed that a Cheshire-based consortium had withdrawn. They claimed in court that they were in talks with a second buyer and expected to be able to provide a commitment within the next 14 days. The court was told that the would-be buyer currently owns a stake in another football club, and so needs more time to relinquish control of that club before taking on any stake in Bolton. 

Bolton's situation is complicated by the fact that League Two side Forest Green Rovers have announced they are taking legal action against Bolton for breach of contract. The Gloucestershire side are proceeding after the transfer of striker Christian Doidge collapsed in January, with Bolton unable to make payment for the player they took on a loan deal during August 2018. Forest Green have since taken Doidge back, and are fielding him in their league fixtures, with Bolton apparently unable to pay the permanent transfer fee, which had been in excess of £1 million, with the first stage payment of £250,000 due in January 2019. Forest Green are also suing for Bolton's failure to pay Doidge's wages during his four months on loan there. 

I don't think the Turkish billionaire is involved at another football club, he used to sponsor Fenerbahce's ground.Happy to be corrected

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Growler wrote:It would be the best thing to happen to the club for years if a billionaire fancies it as a luxury item to spend a few quid on.I'll believe it when it happens

Lot of potential in the mighty Bolton Wanderers, fabulous stadium, which we will fill should a bit of progress take place. 

The premier league isn’t the same without Bolton

Sluffy wrote:What a surprise Wanderlust believes he knows more about accountancy than someone who has been a professional one for over 40 years.

To be fair to him though I do hope he is right about Ron Billionaire (or any other very rich investor) buying us - we all would rather that happen than not.

Be reasonable Sluff you’re claiming to know more than a full time lecturer on Football Finance.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Growler wrote:
Cajunboy wrote:Championship side Bolton Wanderers were in court  with an unpaid tax bill of £1.2 million at the heart of their problems. They have been given until April 3rd to provide the Court with an update, with HMRC having brought the action against them. Current owner Ken Anderson has 94.5% of the club's shares, and this week Bolton confirmed that a Cheshire-based consortium had withdrawn. They claimed in court that they were in talks with a second buyer and expected to be able to provide a commitment within the next 14 days. The court was told that the would-be buyer currently owns a stake in another football club, and so needs more time to relinquish control of that club before taking on any stake in Bolton. 

I don't think the Turkish billionaire is involved at another football club, he used to sponsor Fenerbahce's ground.Happy to be corrected
It may well not be him although he would be my guess. Anyhoo the contract hasn't been signed yet and you know how it is with Anderson so let's see what happens and all will be revealed in the fullness of time.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

As part of your on-going( and tedious ) scrap with Lusty I thought that this comment was a bit unfair. He didn't suggest that he was more knowledgeable than I was- it was more of a discussion about the contents of financial statements

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:

Be reasonable Sluff you’re claiming to know more than a full time lecturer on Football Finance.

Fake news - I never said that.

I passed on what someone else believed was going to happen - said that although I had my fingers crossed that he was correct, that I'd wait to see the outcome first.  And pointed out that Maguire hadn't even considered it as a possibility - which it was.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:As part of your on-going( and tedious ) scrap with Lusty I thought that this comment was a bit unfair. He didn't suggest that he was more knowledgeable than I was- it was more of a discussion about the contents of financial statements
Never mind that Rammy - the only thing that interests me at the moment is the identity of the mystery buyer and whether the deal gets through.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

rammywhite wrote:As part of your on-going( and tedious ) scrap with Lusty I thought that this comment was a bit unfair. He didn't suggest that he was more knowledgeable than I was- it was more of a discussion about the contents of financial statements

It was a joke for ffs!

In the style of Hipsters post just above mine.

I even added (seriously) that I hope he did turn out to be right about some billionaire buying us!

Even Wanderlust took it as such.

I know it's stressful times and all that but don't lose your sense of humour.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Robert Sarver?

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Cajunboy wrote:Robert Sarver?
He has full control over Mallorca, so won't be him as the info given was that the buyer had part control of a major team.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It's very frustrating not knowing who is bidding.

We are just left with rumours and lies.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 52]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 36 ... 52  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum