Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-2 Villa - Bolton Relegated!

+9
Cajunboy
boltonbonce
Sluffy
rammywhite
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
karlypants
wessy
MartinBWFC
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

BASSINI to parachute onto the pitch at half-time?

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Another record broken by Parkinson, the most matches lost in a season (27) and counting, just get the clown sacked Bassini.

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

MartinBWFC wrote:Another record broken by Parkinson, the most matches lost in a season (27) and counting, just get the clown sacked Bassini.
Agreed fucking idiot manager Phil nice but dim !!

MartinBWFC wrote:Looks like Parkinson has lost the fucking plot with that selection, should now be playing the ones with contracts next season, sooner the clown is shown the door the better.

Literally the opposite of what he should be doing you sausage, it’s time to assess who we want to offer contracts to.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I just have this feeling that Phil will be here for another season yet.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

karlypants wrote:I just have this feeling that Phil will be here for another season yet.
If he is then season ticket sales will be down drastically.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Did any of you go yesterday? Was it as bad as usual- or was there any signs of hope?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Bolton Wanderers 0-2 Aston Villa

Wanderers were defeated 2-0 by Aston Villa in the Sky Bet Championship on Friday afternoon, with goals from Jack Grealish and Tammy Abraham confirming that the Whites will be playing in Sky Bet League One next season.

Team News

Manager Phil Parkinson made three changes from the side that started against Derby County in the Sky Bet Championship.

Ben Alnwick replaced Remi Matthews in-between the sticks, with Mark Beevers and Sammy Ameobi coming out for a deputising Harry Brockbank and Jack Hobbs.

First Half

The first chance of the game came to Glenn Whelan, as the Villa’s midfielder blocked shot fell to Tammy Abraham, whose effort was deflected out for a corner.

A huge chance for Villa followed, as Elmohamady’s cross to Anwar El Ghazi was turned wide by the midfielder from close range.

The Villa pressing style of football continued, as Tammy Abraham’s header at goal had beaten Ben Alnwick, only for debutant Harry Brockbank to nod the ball off the line at the last moment.

A well worked short corner routine between Jack Grealish and John McGinn saw the latter have his low drive on goal saved well by Alnwick just prior to the half hour mark.

Wanderers nearly opened the scoring through Clayton Donaldson, as the forward shot at goal from the edge of the area, stinging the gloves of Jed Steer in the Villa goal.

In added time, the Whites came close to scoring as Will Buckley’s close range effort from Brockbank’s cross, which was blocked by a Villa defender.

Second Half

Within two minutes of the second half beginning, Villa took the lead through Jack Grealish as the playmaking midfielder latched onto a Tammy Abraham cross at the far post to put Dean Smith’s side ahead.

The Villans came out with a vengeance, as El Ghazi nearly doubled their lead with a low effort from distance saved by Alnwick.

Just prior to the hour mark and Abraham had Villa’s second as he finished from close range, following Grealish’s well-timed ball across goal.

Shortly after Villa’s second, a penalty shout went up for the Whites as Clayton Donaldson went down seemingly by a Villans defender, but referee John Brooks waved away any protests.

Joe Williams went close on 73 minutes, hitting a first time shot from Callum Connolly’s ball across goal that just finishes wide of the mark.

Ahmed Elmohamady played a superbly weighted delivery into the box for second half substitute Keinan Davis to loop a header wide of the target.

With the clock winding down, Davis flicked the ball past an oncoming Wanderers defender in the box and fired his shot wide of the far post. A chance he will look back on and hoped to have done better.

Mile Jedinak had two attempts on goal with three minutes of regulation to play, but both his header and shot from 15 yards did not trouble the score.

Tyrone Mings followed up on the insistent Villa pressure, with a speculative effort from distance nestling into the arms of Alnwick.

A quick lay off at the other end from Oztumer to Connell, saw the latter’s shot fly wide of target.

Williams followed that chance up with a shot from distance, which crept wide of the far post.

Following this, Villa had the majority of the possession but the referee called for time on this clash.

Full Time

Wanderers XI: Alnwick, Taylor, Donaldson (Oztumer 80), Buckley, Hobbs, Connolly, O’Neil (Magennis 45), J. Williams, Wheater (C) (Beevers 36), Brockbank, Connell.

Unused subsitutes: Matthews, Vela, Olkowski, Wildschut.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

29Bolton 0-2 Villa - Bolton Relegated!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Villa - Bolton Relegated! Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:43 am

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Parky has experience of getting teams promoted from League one, Bolton being one of them. He may be given a chance to repeat this again

30Bolton 0-2 Villa - Bolton Relegated!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Villa - Bolton Relegated! Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:47 am

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Parky has experience of getting teams promoted from League one, Bolton being one of them.  He may be given a chance to repeat this again

This is why I think he isn’t going anywhere soon.

31Bolton 0-2 Villa - Bolton Relegated!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Villa - Bolton Relegated! Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:52 am

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Parky has experience of getting teams promoted from League one, Bolton being one of them.  He may be given a chance to repeat this again

I really, really hope not.

This club needs a new man at the helm and a new brand of football.

32Bolton 0-2 Villa - Bolton Relegated!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Villa - Bolton Relegated! Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:55 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The style certainly has to change. I couldn't have endured much more of the dross we've served up this season.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I think he needs to go.

I've greatly admired his behaviour and demeaner for the last three years and think he's possibly been the best manager since Allardyce's time with his promotion and first season survival in the Championship, whilst having no money at all available to him (Magennis being his only signing that a transfer fee was paid) but he is clearly mired in negative/defensive team selection mode.

Of course you will be forced to defend against better teams but he's constantly reject the few opportunities he's had to put out more positive attacking sides when not only when he's had the chance but possibly much more importantly when we were in desperate need of the points.

Maybe his hands have been partly or even significantly tied from above but with Anderson now gone the spotlight on his deficiencies as a manager will be no longer hidden behind the 'no money to sack him' theory and clearly his brand of football has become unpalatable for those who actually pay to go and watch it.

New owners tend to bring in their own people anyway (and I still have my doubts that Bassini is only the front for the real people who pull the strings), so maybe Parky will see out the season and be replaced early in the summer to allow the new broom to sign players to fit into his style of game management.

Maybe there might be an opportunity for Parky to return and do good things for Bradford.

Whatever happens I wish him luck.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I bloody hope not. Enough is enough. He's done well for us when we were in League 1, but the times, and players, have changed. Fresh start all round, if we can.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I hope he does move on somewhere else

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Cant we get an artificial intelligence computer manager capable of trillions of tactical calculations in a nanosecond, that can still be capable of drawing out the formation each game like a bingo machine? It wont need paying, which suits most football club owners at the macron.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum