Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » The climate

The climate

+6
okocha
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
Angry Dad
boltonbonce
Hipster_Nebula
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1The climate Empty The climate Wed Apr 24 2019, 12:33

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Thoroughly appalled to read in this morning's paper that Theresa May declined to attend the meeting with Greta Thunberg, Caroline Lucas and Jeremy Corbyn. A chair was left for May to sit and show her recognition of the seriousness of the issue. It remained empty. Her voice was not heard.
 I wouldn't mind so much if she was doing a good job elsewhere, but to swan in from her lengthy holidays and blatantly ignore the most important issue of our time is, at best, diabolical PR.

It takes a 16 year-old and a nonagenarian to shake authority awake.

In the House of Commons there is just one MP to represent consistently the arguments for urgent action and change in environmental policy. I think this is shameful, given the existential threat. The masses need to vote accordingly.

(On the other hand, protesters need to bear in mind that it is important to keep members of the public onside rather than risk alienating them. They must acknowledge when their point has successfully been made.)

2The climate Empty Re: The climate Wed Apr 24 2019, 13:18

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A lot of leaders didn't attend. 

Was quite embarrassing seeing these morons fawning over this little girl desperately trying to curry favour with the "woke" left. 

They don't give a shite about the climate or her cause.

3The climate Empty Re: The climate Wed Apr 24 2019, 13:20

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We're sleepwalking into extinction.

4The climate Empty Re: The climate Wed Apr 24 2019, 13:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

People don't care about the climate because they don't think it will impact them during their lifetime.

Twats.

5The climate Empty Re: The climate Wed Apr 24 2019, 13:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:People don't care about the climate because they don't think it will impact them during their lifetime.

Twats.
Rather like Brexit. Ageing Little Englanders who still think we have an empire to run. 

We don't even have an Odeon. Not even a Unit Four. We've got the equivalent of this.
The climate B34889fcb66202c704b8fbad5c6f776e

6The climate Empty Re: The climate Wed Apr 24 2019, 14:06

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Mainly have to blame Trump and his superpower buddies.....more concerned about short-term finance than care for people and the planet. So short-sighted and depressing.

 As Thunberg herself says about the Donald, "There's none so deaf as those who will not hear"......The US, the only major power not to sign the recent climate change agreement.

It needs other world leaders to press the deaf and blind.  Trump's general attitudes to women and the young suggest there is little hope of him giving Greta the time of day.

 I see he has omitted the section of a German resolution aimed at helping victims of sexual violence in war, so that abortions remain illegal for American females trapped by horrific circumstance. Nice!

And this little charmer is to be made welcome here in June! Yuk! 
Come on, Theresa.....he won't make worthwhile trade deals with us in any case, for God's sake!

7The climate Empty Re: The climate Wed Apr 24 2019, 14:38

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

There's worse things going on to worry about.

8The climate Empty Re: The climate Wed Apr 24 2019, 14:47

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:There's worse things going on to worry about.
You've seen my slippers then?

9The climate Empty Re: The climate Wed Apr 24 2019, 19:23

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

boltonbonce wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:There's worse things going on to worry about.
You've seen my slippers then?
God no not that bad Bonce, it's the population of the planet totally out of control to me that's more urgent than climate.

10The climate Empty Re: The climate Wed Apr 24 2019, 19:26

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

A cull will soon be needed it will also solve the food problem.

11The climate Empty Re: The climate Wed Apr 24 2019, 19:55

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:There's worse things going on to worry about.
You've seen my slippers then?
God no not that bad Bonce.

Laughing

12The climate Empty Re: The climate Wed Apr 24 2019, 19:56

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:A cull will soon be needed it will also solve the food problem.

Yes, hopefully starting with those protesters in London.

Twats!

13The climate Empty Re: The climate Wed Apr 24 2019, 21:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Yes, hopefully starting with those protesters in London.

Twats!

Fucking simpleton.

14The climate Empty Re: The climate Wed Apr 24 2019, 21:34

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Karly, so what do you recommend as a solution to global governments' inactivity with regard to ensuring the continued survival of all life on the planet? 

Serious answers only please, Karly. I'm genuinely interested in how you see the future for your children and your children's children.....presuming that you do indeed have offspring that you love.

15The climate Empty Re: The climate Wed Apr 24 2019, 22:05

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Im still paying a pound a month for a snow leopard I adopted, I am doing my bit, rather than them lot who only read the papers about D-list celebrity romance. How come the deniers always start going on about a Summer they had in 1976 where the lamp posts melted as evidence of it all being bollocks.

16The climate Empty Re: The climate Wed Apr 24 2019, 22:11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:Im still paying a pound a month for a snow leopard I adopted, I am doing my bit, rather than them lot who only read the papers about D-list celebrity romance. How come the deniers always start going on about a Summer they had in 1976 where the lamp posts melted as evidence of it all being bollocks.
I'm supporting some donkey's.

17The climate Empty Re: The climate Wed Apr 24 2019, 22:15

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

boltonbonce wrote:
sunlight wrote:Im still paying a pound a month for a snow leopard I adopted, I am doing my bit, rather than them lot who only read the papers about D-list celebrity romance. How come the deniers always start going on about a Summer they had in 1976 where the lamp posts melted as evidence of it all being bollocks.
I'm supporting some donkey's.
Well done mr. Boltonbonce thats very admirable. Animals cant speak for themselves when they need help. And yes I am aware that I am risking there being a punchline.

18The climate Empty Re: The climate Wed Apr 24 2019, 22:57

Guest


Guest

okocha wrote:Karly, so what do you recommend as a solution to global governments' inactivity with regard to ensuring the continued survival of all life on the planet? 

Serious answers only please, Karly. I'm genuinely interested in how you see the future for your children and your children's children.....presuming that you do indeed have offspring that you love.

He won’t answer.

19The climate Empty Re: The climate Wed Apr 24 2019, 22:57

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

sunlight wrote:Im still paying a pound a month for a snow leopard I adopted, I am doing my bit, rather than them lot who only read the papers about D-list celebrity romance. How come the deniers always start going on about a Summer they had in 1976 where the lamp posts melted as evidence of it all being bollocks.

I remember the lamp posts melting but in the 1960's though.

Probably seems incredible to believe by anyone under about 50 years old but it did happen in the hot summers - and on bonfire nights if you had a really good one in the back street!

The ones I saw were in my street and they were an old fashioned type even back then, so God knows how old they really were at the time.

They were made of some sort of metal and the heat melted the surface and began to make it run down the column.

I guess it must have been the protective paint/coating that actually melted but even if it was it was quite a sight.

Unimaginable thing to happen these days though.

20The climate Empty Re: The climate Wed Apr 24 2019, 23:27

Guest


Guest

Sluffy wrote:

Unimaginable thing to happen these days though.

Unimaginable.

The climate GlobalAverage_2018

Sponsored content



Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum