Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!!

+31
okocha
wanderlust
y2johnny
Fulham Bob
Danno
Mr Magoo
Chairmanda
To Be Frank
doffcocker
Bollotom2014
bryan458
Boggersbelief
Growler
gloswhite
sunlight
wessy
DEANO82
rogercpc
boltonbonce
terenceanne
RangersDave
luckyPeterpiper
BoltonTillIDie
Cajunboy
finlaymcdanger
MartinBWFC
rammywhite
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 43  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 43]

31OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Mon Jun 17 2019, 12:16

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

terenceanne wrote:Can any of you throw some light on who Football Ventures actually is and more importantly have they got major money to invest? I know nothing about them at all.

The short version is -

Football Ventures (Whites) seems to be a 'holding' company to take ownership of the club in such a way that Sports Shield BWFC and Inner Circle Investments were set to take ownership of the club for Holdsworth and Anderson respectively.

FV was originally set up by Basran and Sharon Brittan.  Basran being someone who set up investment funds (people pay money into them and hope/expect to get a health interest rate return on their investment) and Brittan (the wife of the Pink Floyd drummer or something like that) being some sort of a property developer(?)/ investor in her own right.

Two later Directors were added - Michael James - the bloke with £5.5m already secured against the clubs hotel and Jeff Thomas who seems to be a serial Director in about 50 other companies.

Non of this made any real sense to me - why would these random people want to buy our club - until a poster on Wways (Benny) explained the thinking to be that the land is where the money is by building more shopping units to make the Middlebrook four sided and the football clubs car park to be made into Multi storeys to enable the land to be built on and still to have adequate car parking.

This would be the thing that pulled in the investment with the club really being an afterthought but with enough money being spent on it to keep us solvent and in existence.

The obvious question is whether shopping centres are still viable with the move away to on-line shopping but I guess as long as they are popular enough for the investors to get the returns they are looking for over the course of their investment, then that would be all they needed to invest.

32OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Mon Jun 17 2019, 13:07

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:Can any of you throw some light on who Football Ventures actually is and more importantly have they got major money to invest? I know nothing about them at all.

It's just a few local investors.

No real money involved.

In football terms these people are extremely poor.

33OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Mon Jun 17 2019, 13:47

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
It's just a few local investors.

No real money involved.

In football terms these people are extremely poor.
Yeah you'd know all about the ins and outs of their finances!

34OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Mon Jun 17 2019, 13:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster is still fuming that his beloved Coventry are having to ground share with Birmingham.

35OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Mon Jun 17 2019, 13:52

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[size=1]More
[/size]
Bolton. Hear Football Ventures have an experienced football figure in their takeover team. First jobs will include manager’s future.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
More[/size]

36OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Mon Jun 17 2019, 13:57

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

FFS Martin it really isn't difficult to copy and paste properly!

37OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Mon Jun 17 2019, 14:10

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy wrote:

The short version is -

Football Ventures (Whites) seems to be a 'holding' company to take ownership of the club in such a way that Sports Shield BWFC and Inner Circle Investments were set to take ownership of the club for Holdsworth and Anderson respectively.

FV was originally set up by Basran and Sharon Brittan.  Basran being someone who set up investment funds (people pay money into them and hope/expect to get a health interest rate return on their investment) and Brittan (the wife of the Pink Floyd drummer or something like that) being some sort of a property developer(?)/ investor in her own right.

Two later Directors were added - Michael James - the bloke with £5.5m already secured against the clubs hotel and Jeff Thomas who seems to be a serial Director in about 50 other companies.

Non of this made any real sense to me - why would these random people want to buy our club - until a poster on Wways (Benny) explained the thinking to be that the land is where the money is by building more shopping units to make the Middlebrook four sided and the football clubs car park to be made into Multi storeys to enable the land to be built on and still to have adequate car parking.

This would be the thing that pulled in the investment with the club really being an afterthought but with enough money being spent on it to keep us solvent and in existence.

The obvious question is whether shopping centres are still viable with the move away to on-line shopping but I guess as long as they are popular enough for the investors to get the returns they are looking for over the course of their investment, then that would be all they needed to invest.
So it would seem that the purpose of the exercise is to just get us back to being stable and surviving. Making a profit from the land investments around the stadium if possible etc.  No talk of pumping millions into the playing side and a Prem return etc.
Of course nobody knows what their plan is yet so give them the benefit of the doubt. It doesn't seem that this is a big money operation on the face of it. We shall see within the next few days hopefully.

38OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Mon Jun 17 2019, 14:47

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:FFS Martin it really isn't difficult to copy and paste properly!

Sluffy instead of having a go at Martin why not let him know how to do it. He may be on a phone or just not that computer savvy  Rolling Eyes

39OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Mon Jun 17 2019, 14:49

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:

Sluffy instead of having a go at Martin why not let him know how to do it. He may be on a phone or just not that computer savvy  Rolling Eyes
I’m sure I mentioned it to him not so long back. Smile

40OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Mon Jun 17 2019, 15:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Easy copy and paste tutorial here.

41OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Mon Jun 17 2019, 15:09

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:Sluffy instead of having a go at Martin why not let him know how to do it. He may be on a phone or just not that computer savvy  Rolling Eyes
Because he's a beligerent CUNT that enjoys putting folk down, he should never be allowed to run a football forum as he has too many agendas against too many folk.

42OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Mon Jun 17 2019, 15:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:

I HAVE explained it to him in the past.

Karly's explained it to him.

How fecking hard is it to follow a list of instructions when they are posted up 'idiot proof' for him to follow them.

Christ I'm the least computer savvy person I know and even I can do it!

Ok one more time.

When you look at a tweet there is a 'v' shape in the top right corner of the tweet, which if you run you curser over it says 'more' - click on it.

You get a drop down menu, click on Embed Tweet.

copy the code that is highlighted already for you and paste it on the forum.

Note make sure when you paste it the icon on Nuts (the very last one that looks like a sheet of paper is off - ie not showing all 'white' but is looking all grey.

Press 'Preview' that it looks ok and if you have press send.

It is not difficult.

43OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Mon Jun 17 2019, 15:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:
Norpig wrote:Sluffy instead of having a go at Martin why not let him know how to do it. He may be on a phone or just not that computer savvy  Rolling Eyes
Because he's a beligerent CUNT that enjoys putting folk down, he should never be allowed to run a football forum as he has too many agendas against too many folk.

Boo hoo, you're going to make me cry.

I've gone out of my way plenty times to help you - and I'm far from being the only one on here - if I remember rightly someone even got his wife to fix you up for a job interview once, and I've certainly allowed you to publish the travel agent business you were once trying to get off the ground, let alone many times in the past telling you how to do simple stuff like copy and paste and put up your own avatar and all the thanks I (and others) have got back from you is your foul mouth comments.

I certainly don't have to make you out to look ignorant, abusive and stupid, you do a brilliant job of doing that yourself.

I might well be a cunt but at least I can copy and paste and that's more than you can manage in over 10 years of being on forums!

44OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Mon Jun 17 2019, 16:04

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Hipster is still fuming that his beloved Coventry are having to ground share with Birmingham.

It's better as I can now fly directly to Birmingham for games.

45OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Mon Jun 17 2019, 16:11

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy the point i was trying to make was how you pointed out to Martin about copy and paste. If it had been for example Glos or LPP then you wouldn't have started with FFS would you?

46OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Mon Jun 17 2019, 16:35

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:
Boo hoo, you're going to make me cry.

I've gone out of my way plenty times to help you - and I'm far from being the only one on here - if I remember rightly someone even got his wife to fix you up for a job interview once, and I've certainly allowed you to publish the travel agent business you were once trying to get off the ground, let alone many times in the past telling you how to do simple stuff like copy and paste and put up your own avatar and all the thanks I (and others) have got back from you is your foul mouth comments.

I certainly don't have to make you out to look ignorant, abusive and stupid, you do a brilliant job of doing that yourself.

I might well be a cunt but at least I can copy and paste and that's more than you can manage in over 10 years of being on forums!
You're such a childish cunt, grow up FFS.

47OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Mon Jun 17 2019, 18:45

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

What's this Copy and Paste thingy people keep banging on about?

48OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Mon Jun 17 2019, 18:46

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

49OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Mon Jun 17 2019, 20:05

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Sluffy the point i was trying to make was how you pointed out to Martin about copy and paste. If it had been for example Glos or LPP then you wouldn't have started with FFS would you?

I most certainly would if I'd written out how to do it to them a dozen or more times over the last ten or more years that I've known him from Burnden Aces and Nuts.

50OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Mon Jun 17 2019, 20:20

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 43]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 43  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum