Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL - Samizadeh LEAVES the club

+11
Fabians Right Peg
Reebok Trotter
Boggersbelief
boltonbonce
xmiles
wessy
Norpig
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
observer
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1OFFICIAL - Samizadeh LEAVES the club Empty OFFICIAL - Samizadeh LEAVES the club Fri Jul 14 2017, 19:38

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Iles reports that Samizadeh has signed with Kilmarnock.  Thought he was out on loan.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:Iles reports that Samizadeh has signed with Kilmarnock.  Thought he was out on loan.
He joined on a year long loan on the 8th July...

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Alex Samizadeh leaves Wanderers for pro deal at SPL club Kilmarnock

ALEX Samizadeh has signed a permanent deal with Scottish club Kilmarnock.
The Bolton News understands the striker turned down the chance of a third-year scholarship to pursue a professional deal in the SPL.
Wanderers had initially discussed a loan deal with Lee McCulloch’s side as they waited for the Iran-born 18-year-old to make his decision this summer.

But Phil Parkinson confirmed he could not offer him pro terms, feeling he was not ready to step up into the senior ranks of Championship football.

“He has signed, it isn’t a loan,” he told The Bolton News. “Kilmarnock asked us about taking him on and I just felt Alex wasn’t going to be good enough for what we need.
“He has gone up there now and we wish him the best.”
Samizadeh made two sub appearances for Wanderers, the first of which was as a late substitute at Brentford in the Championship.
He was loaned out on work experience to Conference North neighbours Chorley last season and boasted a competitive scoring record at Under-18s and Under-23s level.
Fans clamoured for the youngster to be pushed towards the senior ranks but speaking after Samizadeh had scored four times against QPR last September, development squad boss David Lee said he was not ready for first team football.
“I think we have to temper expectations a little bit,” he said. “Scoring four goals is great and it is what Alex does – he’s a goalscorer – but there are other parts of his game that we need to improve.
“He has so many good attributes, enthusiasm, endeavour, and over the next 12-18 months if he can focus on developing as a player he will have that opportunity.
“If you thrust him into a first team game right now it could highlight the deficiencies and I think that could be detrimental to his career.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Had high hopes for him

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

From the clips I've seen of him he looks really small for a striker (5ft 8inch apparently).

Clough was small too (5ft 6inch) and although he does have lovely touch on the ball I don't think he will ever come to terms with the physical side of the game.

I think Samizadeh will probably be the same.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bolton Wanderers can confirm that Alex Samizadeh has left the club to join Scottish Premiership side Kilmarnock.
The forward made two first team appearances during his time at Macron Stadium.
Everybody at Bolton Wanderers would like to thank Alex for his efforts during his time at the club and wish him well in his future endeavours.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He has the potential to be an international and perhaps a success in a top league. Would have liked to have seen him do what he did for the youth teams for the first team.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:From the clips I've seen of him he looks really small for a striker (5ft 8inch apparently).

Clough was small too (5ft 6inch) and although he does have lovely touch on the ball I don't think he will ever come to terms with the physical side of the game.

Messi is 5ft 7

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It seems like he wanted a pro deal so if that wasn't on offer with us then not a lot we can do. I would have kept him if possible as he seems like a natural goal scorer from the clips i've seen of him.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Very Disappointing not to see him get his chance, however i think it's down to the lads impatience in having to wait until the coaching staff think hes ready. So he goes for a first team chance this year.

In terms of height wasn't a problem for Jimmy Greaves at 5' 8" they don't have to play as a number 9 to score goals, loads of small poachers do the job.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:
Sluffy wrote:From the clips I've seen of him he looks really small for a striker (5ft 8inch apparently).

Messi is 5ft 7

Messi is one in a generation.

I would think much bigger clubs than Kilmarnock would have been lining up for his services if he was even half as good as Messi.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Disappointed to see him go. I think too much fuss is sometimes made about his height. He seemes to have the ability to score goals and that is something we have lacked for a long time. When was the last time we had a natural goal scorer?

Last season three players scored 9 league goals (Clough, Madine, Vela) and Wheater and Beevers scored 8 and 7 respectively.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:It seems like he wanted a pro deal so if that wasn't on offer with us then not a lot we can do. I would have kept him if possible as he seems like a natural goal scorer from the clips i've seen of him.
The thing is there should have been a pro deal for him IMO. Appreciate that with an embargo there is a squad limit and there's a limit on foreign players but I'm sure that Parky could have sacrificed one of the journeymen he's signed or one of the other kids to keep a quality player in a goalscoring position that is very important to us and most expensive to buy in.
Now he's gone I just hope that everything I've seen of him is wrong, that his skill was just luck and that his pace is just temporary because if he does go on to fulfill his potential I'll be gutted. Parky may well have missed a trick here.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Brilliant thread!

So let me get this straight, the people who see the lad day in, day out deem him not good enough but the armchair arsehole and friends think they know better despite NEVER having seen him play.

Only on Nuts.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:

Messi is 5ft 7

I would think much bigger clubs than Kilmarnock would have been lining up for his services if he was even half as good as Messi.

The point was you cant write a striker of because of his height. Rooney, Fowler is just one inch bigger than Samizadeh @ 5ft 9. Jermaine Defoe 5ft 7, Michael Owen is 5ft 8 - so that's half of the top 10 all time Premier League strikers of a similar height.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gary Madine is about 6ft2 but he's shite.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:

Messi is 5ft 7

The point was you cant write a striker of because of his height.  Rooney, Fowler is just one inch bigger than Samizadeh @ 5ft 9.  Jermaine Defoe 5ft 7, Michael Owen is 5ft 8 - so that's half of the top 10 all time Premier League strikers of a similar height.

Actually I didn't write him off because of his height.

If you read what I posted again, you will see that I actually wrote that I didn't think he would comes to terms with the physical side of the game.

His track record so far is that he went for a trial with Derby and they sent him back and that he went on loan to Chorley (scored two in two games) but they also sent him back.

Bolton offered him a years contract extension and he turned it down and out of all the clubs he could have ended up at it turns out to be Kilmarnock.

Now I might very well be shit at talent spotting players who potentially end up in the Premier top ten goal scores of all time chart but those who do spot young footballing talent for their living have all (bar Kilmarnock) passed on backing his ability with their clubs money.

Maybe they have all got it wrong too, but the reality is that they have probably not.

Good luck to the lad though, I wish him well.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Samizadeh might be short but he's built like a brick shithouse and uses his low centre of gravity, pace and strength to hold off defenders or get fouled. 
His muscle mass is almost fully developed, he is exactly the same weight as Messi (just 2kg lighter than Bale and 4 kilos heavier than Neymar) and is an inch taller than Messi so I really don't see why his physicality should come under question.
Check out the videos of his youth and development team performances and you can see that he dominates players substantially bigger than he is. 

I suspect the real reason he was moved on is because he feels he is ready for a professional contract and first team football now and with a manager who has a preference for older players he can't see that happening at BWFC.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum