Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sitting in the Dirty End

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sitting in the Dirty End Empty Sitting in the Dirty End Sun Jul 21 2019, 20:20

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

A Wycombe fan I know just said they're buying me a home ticket for our opening game and I just realised that I've never actually sat with the opposing supporters before. Presuming it goes ahead of course.

Has anyone else endured 90 minutes of standing up when you want to sit down, leaping up and down when you should have your head in your hands and vice versa? I'm not sure I'll be able to keep quiet that I'm a Bolton fan but also suspecting that I'll get more sympathy than grief given our current plight.

Anyone else have experience of this?

* apologies for the article title - Nat clickbait.

2Sitting in the Dirty End Empty Re: Sitting in the Dirty End Sun Jul 21 2019, 22:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Loads of times.

Most memorable was in the early 90's when my Dad made a last minute decision to go to Valley Parade, Bradford. I can't remember if the away end was sold out or you couldn't pay on the gate, but we ended up in the home end.

I can't remember how the scoring went but do remember we scored a last minute equaliser in a crazy 4-4 draw, I think David Reeves scored the goal (but it may have been Jules Darby), and having kept quiet the entire game, little Natasha went dancing around the home end oblivious to the angry Bradford fans. My Dad couldn't get us out of there quick enough.

Great days.

3Sitting in the Dirty End Empty Re: Sitting in the Dirty End Sun Jul 21 2019, 22:22

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I did it at Everton for the League cup Semi Final in the 70's no problem, and at Elland Road we played Newcastle in a cup decider saw all the black and white scarfs joined the que and went in behind the nets just as Newcastle scored then realised we were at the wrong end. Long old night that one.

Also at Wigan once bumped into a mate at the bar at half time, when he shouted always thought you were a BoltonĀ  Fan . but i survived lol

4Sitting in the Dirty End Empty Re: Sitting in the Dirty End Sun Jul 21 2019, 22:44

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I used to live in London so I often ended up standing with the home fans and having to keep quiet. Visiting Millwall was particularly enjoyable!

5Sitting in the Dirty End Empty Re: Sitting in the Dirty End Mon Jul 22 2019, 00:16

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Yes I've done it loads over the years - the best one being years back when I went with a Leeds mate of mine to Millwall when they were down Cold Blow Lane and had a well deserved name for violence.

What we never thought about until go there were or thick northern accents made us stand out a mile - not a good thing to be!

We had to get by, by grunts and nods until the match was over and we were back in central London.

I don't think the threat of being beaten up is anything like as great now as back then, but probably wise not to wear any club colours and don't jump out of your seat when we score because all the home fans will still be sat down.

If you do though, the solution is to go wild at someone immediately, the referee, linesman, defender keeper and blame them for the goal that's just been let in!

I refused to cheer for any goals they score, might just clap though just to be on the safe side - and clap our goals - but obviously not going over the top when you do.

You should be fine at Wycombe though.

Enjoy the match, maybe Parky will go all out attack for a change!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum