Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ones to Watch Wycombe Wanderers - Dominic Gape, Curtis Thompson and The Beast!

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

As we have little idea of the Bolton players we will have, I thought we might as well watch Wycombe's best players -

Dominic Gape
The local journalist names Dominic Gape as his pick - He signed a new deal recently which is a huge boost and one which pleasantly surprised many. He is one of the best central midfielders in the division and has fantastic all-round ability.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Gareth Ainsworth the manager says this about him - 
The midfielder was one of three players – along with Scott Kashket and Adebayo Akinfenwa – who were offered a new deal following the culmination of the 2018/19 season, and manager Gareth Ainsworth is thrilled to complete a hat-trick of key signings ahead of the club’s second season back in League 1:

“Dom is an integral part of what we do – one of the first names on the teamsheet week in, week out – and I’m really pleased that he’s agreed to stay,” he said.

“I have no doubt that there will have been other clubs who’d love to have Dom in their team, because he’s a real classy player, someone who can win the ball back and get the team ticking over in the middle of the park.

“Above all that, he’s an outstanding professional and a hugely popular player around the whole club, so it’s great news that he’s staying and I’m excited to see him continue his development as a player with us here at Wycombe.”

Dom is a defensive midfielder - The 24-year-old arrived at Adams Park initially on a loan deal from Southampton in 2016, and made the move permanent in January 2017 following a string of outstanding displays.

Not best known for his goalscoring exploits, Gape shot to stardom by scoring the goal that sealed Wanderers’ promotion to League 1 in April 2018, smashing home the winner at Chesterfield to secure his place in Chairboys folklore.

He’s netted twice more in 121 appearances for the club in total.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Curtis Thompson
Curtis Thompson won Wycombe's Players' Player of the Year award last season.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Curtis Thompson has rounded off a superb season by winning the Wycombe Wanderers Players' Player of the Year award.
Thompson signed from Notts County on an initial short-term contract last summer but has been hugely impressive for the Chairboys this term putting in a series of combative displays in the engine room.
The former Magpie was delighted to pick up the award on Sunday evening. He said: "It means a lot to win this.
"It is unbelievable. To come in on a six-month contract and then extend my contract. Then on top of that to stay up this season and getting Players' Player of the Season is unbelievable considering where I was last season.

"I came here on loan and tried to get in the team and then we got promoted. It has been unbelievable.

"The gaffer [Gareth Ainsworth] and Dobbo have played a big part in training and telling me where I need to improve. I am so grateful to be working under them and I am very happy with how the season has gone."
In recent weeks, a long-standing shoulder problem has hindered Thompson, so much so that he was forced to miss the game against Fleetwood on Saturday.

However, he has promised he will be raring to go next season.

Adebayo Akinfenwa - (aka The Beast!)

Getting on a bit now at 37 years old but he did play 36 games for them last season scoring 7 with 6 assists in the league.

Here's a goal montage from him for the season before last -

Hope the kids aren't having to mark him!

We'll win anyway!

Up the Whites!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum