Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-0 Coventry VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS

+14
xmiles
Bolton Nuts
Cajunboy
rammywhite
wessy
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
gloswhite
boltonbonce
MartinBWFC
bryan458
luckyPeterpiper
karlypants
Norpig
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If you have an hour to spare listen to this very emotional calls.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Unfortunately I had to miss it wessy. I got a ticket late yesterday but this morning my boss called me into work. I'm not really in a position to say no to my boss when he needs a favour because he's (a) stood by me when I was off ill with PTS and depression and (b) arranged for me to move sideways into a much less stressful job as the training manager in January. He didn't have to do that, in fact there are some people higher up the chain who question his judgement because of it so when he calls me and says he needs help I have to give it.

However the ticket wasn't wasted, my son went in my place and he's absolutely hoarse and shattered now. He says it really did feel like winning a cup final and that he'd never been to a match like it.

No problem with that Peter works important, my dig is at those that say they wont go until Parky goes, and cant see the bigger picture. Glad your lad enjoyed the moment.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

It's good to hear so many positive comments!

I hope we can continue to play with this attitude but we have a mountain to climb just to stay in League One. In a curious way it might be better in the long term for us to go down fighting this season and hopefully bounce back next.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wonderful result. 

League two beckons but with a years experience in league one these lads could do well in league two.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a game i have only just come down from it! What a performance from a young team with an average age of just 19. The young lads who played made me proud to be a Wanderer and they all deserve enormous credit and praise.

I don't care if the so callled senior pro's don't play again, they have been shown up and should be embarrassed this morning. Why did they not play anyway? They are under contract and may be still owed some money but haven't they been paid the majority of their back pay?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The three non-goals -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Yesterday was one of those special days that only sport can throw up. When people come together who support the common cause and magic happens.
BUT
Is it sustainable ? we all know how fickle fans can be, if these kids have a few blips and get caught up in a few real beatings will the fans still feel the pride and love and still support them unconditionally? the juries out. 

After watching yesterday and coming off buzzing with pride i have seen enough football to know that at this level those kids will struggle to score goals at best we are looking at 0-0 or a 1-0 win.

So reality means we have to bring back some experienced players and protect the kids to some degree (without being afraid to play some of them)

Those senior pros played last week, so what changed if it was insurance then why play at Wycombe, if the dispute is cash then they will get the same amount at this stage if they play or not. If they want to stay then they have to accept this club is in crisis and help out by doing a job. 

The strike made everyone aware but now it's damaging the club. so to the senior pros nail your colours to the flag or do one.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The kids were absolutely magnificent, I saw more heart and passion from the youngsters yesterday than I've seen from our senior pros in years.

As for the "senior" players, there should be no place at BWFC for players who refuse to play, it would be an absolute outrage if any of them played again.

Can’t fault anyone involved yesterday, a proud day to be a wanderers fan. We all know we need reinforcements - but what an achievement from those kids yesterday. At our lowest ebb they’ve created the most positivity around a game in 12 months.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Brilliant display. These young players have shown everything we have been asking for at least the last 3 years. However, their hard work, determination, and sheer enjoyment at the challenge will not carry us through the cold, wet, and miserable months of winter. We desperately need some experienced players to help shoulder the burden. I personally believe the so-called senior players should be given an ultimatum of play or go. They know they are going to be paid, one way or another, so where has their personal pride gone? Did they actually have the neck to sit on the side of the park during the game, to watch kids do their job for them ?

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:
Well done that man. Wonderful.

rogercpc

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

They know they are going to be paid, one way or another, so where has their personal pride gone?
It was not about money apparently, it was about their chances of being injured and the club goes down, then they have no chance of future employment with other clubs.  Seems like fair play to me.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

rogercpc wrote:
 They know they are going to be paid, one way or another, so where has their personal pride gone?
It was not about money apparently, it was about their chances of being injured and the club goes down, then they have no chance of future employment with other clubs.  Seems like fair play to me.
I cannot see this to be honest. If they are injured and unable to make a living, then they will be covered by the insurance of either the club or the players union.

rogercpc

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

I cannot see this to be honest. If they are injured and unable to make a living, then they will be covered by the insurance of either the club or the players union.
I would imagine they have been advised not to play by the players union.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

rogercpc wrote:
I would imagine they have been advised not to play by the players union.
Quite possibly, but to what end? Nobody is benefiting from the decisions being made, and the players themselves could well be damaging their own reputations.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The senior pro's will be looking very shifty today at training, they have let the team and the town down with their selfish actions. Yes we need reinforcements but i hope they can be players who come in and actually want to play for us. I would be happy not to see any of the 5 senior pro's never play for us again.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Norpig wrote:The senior pro's will be looking very shifty today at training, they have let the team and the town down with their selfish actions. Yes we need reinforcements but i hope they can be players who come in and actually want to play for us. I would be happy not to see any of the 5 senior pro's never play for us again.
I think your right Mr Pig. If they return, it will obviously be for the money, nothing else, and that will affect their mind-set. 
The best we can hope for, if they return, is that they will try to outperform the youngsters who actually showed more character than them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum