Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Bury expelled from EFL

Bury expelled from EFL

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31Bury expelled from EFL - Page 2 Empty Re: Bury expelled from EFL on Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:28 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@wanderlust wrote:Bury AFC isn’t Bury so although they (Bury)  may still exist as a business they don’t exist as an operating business. If that was to change in the future and Bury were accepted into a league where would that leave Bury AFC?  Two clubs in the town?

Just seen this.

Towns aren't limited to one club you nutjob we had Horwich RMI in Bolton for many years before they moved to Leigh, which is part of Wigan who also had an existing football club.

Even places much smaller than Bury have two clubs, Northwich (20k population) for instance who both even play in the same league!

Anyway the reason for the post is that Bury AFC are now being officially considered for a league spot. -

Bury AFC among 11 clubs applying for North West Counties League spot

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51584394

32Bury expelled from EFL - Page 2 Empty Re: Bury expelled from EFL on Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:26 pm

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I grew up in Horwich and always said it was near Bolton rather than part of Bolton.  Remember the pitch was sloped but always wanted to play a game on it

33Bury expelled from EFL - Page 2 Empty Re: Bury expelled from EFL on Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:42 am

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@BoltonTillIDie wrote:I grew up in Horwich and always said it was near Bolton rather than part of Bolton.  Remember the pitch was sloped but always wanted to play a game on it

Horwich has been part of Bolton's administration as per the Local Government Act of 1972, which was took effect from 1st April, 1974.

The same act put Leigh under Wigan's, much to the displeasure of the former.

The pitch you remember was called Grundy Hill and was sold off to build houses on in 1994. Hope they sorted the slope out first before building them though!

My point was that many town's, city's and 'villages' have more than one team in them, Manchester being an obvious example with City and FC United (Manchester United being part of Salford of course, who also don't forget have another club which we almost certainly will be playing next season - Salford City).

I guess you can have as many teams as you like from any city, town or village providing they all meet the EFL's entry requirements and ongoing requirements.

34Bury expelled from EFL - Page 2 Empty Re: Bury expelled from EFL on Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:04 am

Ten Bobsworth

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
I'd love to see FC Isle of Man in the North West Counties. Hope they get there and do well.
I first went to the Island in 1961 with some Wanderers supporting pals and have had a strong affection for the place ever since.

35Bury expelled from EFL - Page 2 Empty Re: Bury expelled from EFL on Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:56 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Sluffy wrote:
@wanderlust wrote:Bury AFC isn’t Bury so although they (Bury)  may still exist as a business they don’t exist as an operating business. If that was to change in the future and Bury were accepted into a league where would that leave Bury AFC?  Two clubs in the town?

Just seen this.

Towns aren't limited to one club you nutjob we had Horwich RMI in Bolton for many years before they moved to Leigh, which is part of Wigan who also had an existing football club.

Even places much smaller than Bury have two clubs, Northwich (20k population) for instance who both even play in the same league!

Anyway the reason for the post is that Bury AFC are now being officially considered for a league spot. -

Bury AFC among 11 clubs applying for North West Counties League spot

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51584394
You nutjob? Really?

Yes I know you can have more then one club in one town/city/village etc. I was alluding to the implications of that scenario rather than suggesting it wasn't possible.

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum