Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hill appointed as Wanderers manager

+7
wessy
MartinBWFC
karlypants
Norpig
luckyPeterpiper
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
11 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hill appointed as Wanderers manager Empty Hill appointed as Wanderers manager Sat Aug 31 2019, 18:35

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers are delighted to announce the appointment of Keith Hill as the club’s new Manager.

The Bolton-born former Rochdale and Barnsley boss will be joined in the dugout by fellow Boltonian David Flitcroft who will take the role of the club’s Assistant Manager.

Having previously worked together, the pair will be reunited at the University of Bolton Stadium.

Speaking exclusively with bwfc.co.uk, Hill said: ‘It is an absolute privilege to become the manager of such a big club like Bolton Wanderers.'

'David and I are extremely grateful for the opportunity to manage our hometown club.’

‘My first job is to recruit a number of players ahead of Monday’s deadline.’

‘The young lads have done really well and worn their heart on their sleeve and we’re not looking to replace them but they need help and we need to strengthen the squad.’

A full interview with Wanderers’ new manager will be available ahead of Tuesday’s Leasing.com Trophy home tie against Bradford City.

Tickets for Keith Hill’s first game in charge are available for just £5!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Disappointed but hey ho. Time to back the man.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm not hipster. Let's face it, at least we still have a club and are still in the league to need a manager.

Besides, I actually think Hill's a decent appointment, I rate him as a lower league manager quite a bit. Given our circumstances I think we need a manager used to tight budgets and small squads and Keith Hill fits that bill. He's the right man, at least for now.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pleased with both appointments, they've worked well together in the past so should be a good partnership.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Disappointed but hey ho. Time to back the man.
Who did you want?

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Could be another Rioch and Todd scenario, could also be another Todd and McFarlane, who knows, got my backing.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well it’s good to see the new owners being pro active about all this and not fucking about until it’s too late with bringing players in etc.

It’s good to have stability back at the club too and it makes a fresh start.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We need to back the owners and the new management team, local lads so they know exactly what's required, if they play some decent football on the way its a win win.

To Be Frank

To Be Frank
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Very happy with this appointment - if anyone knows which doors to knock on for decent players at this level then Hill is your man, he's been around L1 and L2 for 13 years as a manager - he can no doubt call on some favours and bring in some blood soon.

I desperately wanted Gartside to appoint him after Coyle lost his job and we got Freedman instead with no experience. Might have been a big jump for him then but I doubt he would have done a worse job than Freedman (clut)

This is the first time I've been happy about a manager appointment since Sam Allardyce took charge against Norwich.

Time to celebrate!

10Hill appointed as Wanderers manager Empty Re: Hill appointed as Wanderers manager Sat Aug 31 2019, 21:16

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Disappointing but hey we still got a club !!! ..dunno..

11Hill appointed as Wanderers manager Empty Re: Hill appointed as Wanderers manager Sun Sep 01 2019, 13:30

Danno

Danno
David Ngog
David Ngog

Very happy with Hill and Flitcroft. 2 people with their heads screwed on, who know this level and who will give a shit about the club.

Interested to see who we bring in now and looking forward to the beginning of a new chapter starting with the Bradford game on Tuesday

Sent from Topic'it App

12Hill appointed as Wanderers manager Empty Re: Hill appointed as Wanderers manager Sun Sep 01 2019, 19:04

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

bryan458 wrote:Disappointing but hey we still got a club !!! ..dunno..
Who did you want ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum