Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-1 Sunderland

+11
Leeds_Trotter
Jack Russell
BoltonTillIDie
rammywhite
Norpig
karlypants
Hugh Kallaly
terenceanne
boltonbonce
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Bolton 1-1 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Sunderland Sat Sep 21 2019, 15:26

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Live radio stream on the portal for anyone who hasnt seen Smile Use the bottom stream

42Bolton 1-1 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Sunderland Sat Sep 21 2019, 19:17

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Another great atmosphere and another very entertaining performance, we gave one of the top teams a real run for there money, some big performances i thought Hobbs, Lowe and Matthews from the old guard played really well. Bridcutt is a steal for this level and both wingers will cause mayhem in this division, all the rest played very well. Sickener to lose two points in that way.

If your not attending then make the effort because this is a real different experience.

43Bolton 1-1 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Sunderland Sat Sep 21 2019, 19:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Blimey, I'm gutted about Sunderland pinching a draw. Shows how far we've come.
Another enjoyable game. I'd forgotten what it was like to see us moving the ball about.
The jigsaw is taking shape.

44Bolton 1-1 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Sunderland Sat Sep 21 2019, 19:41

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gutted we didn't hold on the for the win as we fully deserved it. Still a 1-1 against Sunderland is stll a great result.
The penalty was harsh in my opinion as it just bounced up and hot Zoums, he couldn't get out of the way.

The whole team played well and Bridcutt is too good for league 1, my only gripe is brickfeet. He isn't s striker and it showed, especially at the end when he was through on goal but then squared it. We need a recognised striker and we will look even better.

If we keep on playing like this we have a chance of staying up, so refreshing to watch a Bolton team actually pass the football so well.

45Bolton 1-1 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Sunderland Sat Sep 21 2019, 19:59

Jack Russell

Jack Russell
David Lee
David Lee

Watching Bolton today was like going back many seasons, not been to a game since March cancelled my direct debit I really had enough of the Anderson's corrupt empire, renewed my season ticket really enjoyed today such a pleasure to watch proper football again, Sunderland fans were booing their team they must have thought they were going to get e cricket score only to get out of jail in the dying minutes.

46Bolton 1-1 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Sunderland Sat Sep 21 2019, 20:43

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
karlypants wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
karlypants wrote:I’ve got bbc radio Manc on for commentary but have a feeling it will have Man City on. 

Can anyone confirm if the Bolton game will be on dab radio manc?

I’m hoping to get back by 3pm although I have a kids party to go to lol

Think they have City as their main game?

Can you get BBC Radio North East on your DAB?

If so commentary on there -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Enjoy the party!

I set the radio before I came out so I’m currently a bit stuck.

I may not make it back in time now either unfortunately. 

Today has so far been a bit of a nightmare.

God knows why the BBC can’t have a schedule for the dab service they provide.

Not a problem mate, enjoy the party with your family and people can listen to the up dates on Bolton during the City game.

Thanks for that. Smile

47Bolton 1-1 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Sunderland Sat Sep 21 2019, 20:44

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Bolton Wanderers vs. Sunderland

Keith Hill’s men were denied their first victory of the Sky Bet League One campaign after Aiden McGeady’s injury time penalty cancelled out Jack Hobbs’ opener to send both teams home with a shared point.

Substitute Yoan Zouma inadvertently handled in his own box just moments after the fourth official indicted five minutes of added time were to be played.

McGeady sent his spot kick emphatically past the previously unbeatable Remi Matthews to salvage a point for the Black Cats.

Hobbs’ first goal of the season looked to have been enough for the hosts who were excellent value for their lead.

Manager Hill had kept the same starting XI from the side that drew against Oxford United in midweek – and it wasn’t long before they showed the same impressive attacking intent that entertained the University of Bolton Stadium faithful that evening.

Both Thibaud Verlinden and Dennis Politic on opposing flanks were full of trickery and positivity and seldom gave the Sunderland full backs any respite.

Matthews had another standout performance for Wanderers and made several crucial stops throughout the contest.

Indeed, he was pressed into action early on and came racing off his line to get thwart George Dobson who had been played in by Denver Hume.

A clever step over by Politic saw him create some space to carve a shooting opportunity which culminated in him striking the post.

Will Grigg should have done better when he latched on to Chris Maguire’s right sided cross only to place his header wide.

Lynden Gooch found Grant Leadbitter in acres of space but the midfielder sent his 20-yarder over the bar.

The visitors were now starting to find their feet and Matthews was on top form to keep out Maguire who had been set up by Gooch.

Tom Flanagan then headed wide as the Black Cats were looking to capitalise on their spell of pressure.

The dynamic Jason Lowe, who was excelling in midfield alongside the outstanding Liam Bridcutt, narrowly volleyed wide after cushioning the ball on his chest from Verlinden’s smart centre.

The on-loan Belgian winger was certainly having the better of Hume and after cutting inside the Sunderland full back he hit his shot just wide of goal.

Hume was replaced during the interval after enduring a torrid time with Conor McLaughlin coming on.

Then Wanderers took a deserved lead after Verlinden’s free kick on the far side was headed across goal by Buckley allowing Hobbs to stab home from close range.

Moments later, the visitors thought they had equalised when Luke O’Nien turned Maguire’s cross towards goal only for Matthews to keep out the strike with the assistance of a past.

The visitors were upping the tempo and wasted several more chances as the game appeared to be slipping away from them.

In Matthews they found a keeper in top form and his double save to keep out McGeady’s curling strike and another block to prevent Gooch shortly afterwards was nothing short of sublime.

But Sunderland had the last laugh when their persistence resulted in Zouma’s unfortunate error of judgement allowed McGeady to slam home from six yards to get a point for the visitors.

Wanderers XI: Matthews Emmanuel, Lowe, Hobbs, Wright, Buckley, Crawford, Chicksen, Verliden, Politic, Bridcutt (C)

Subs: Alexander, Murphy, Weir, Darcy, Zouma, Brown, Senior.

48Bolton 1-1 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Sunderland Sat Sep 21 2019, 20:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

From looking at the time Sunderland scored I feel absolutely robbed guys!

49Bolton 1-1 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Sunderland Sat Sep 21 2019, 22:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Two minutes of highlights...

or rather 1' 59 seconds!

Still a good result though.

50Bolton 1-1 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Sunderland Sun Sep 22 2019, 10:09

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Two minutes of highlights...

or rather 1' 59 seconds!

Still a good result though.

I'm amazed they left out a particularly stunning save by Matthews.

51Bolton 1-1 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Sunderland Sun Sep 22 2019, 11:59

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sounded as if we played really well yesterday, really pleased with how things are shaping up.

52Bolton 1-1 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Sunderland Sun Sep 22 2019, 14:43

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Norpig wrote: my only gripe is brickfeet. He isn't s striker and it showed, especially at the end when he was through on goal but then squared it. We need a recognised striker and we will look even better.

If we keep on playing like this we have a chance of staying up, so refreshing to watch a Bolton team actually pass the football so well.
You answer your own question Mr Pig the lads playing out of position but giving everything to the cause, he hit the bar Tuesday and if you wanted to be positive he laid it on a plate for Hobbs to score. He probably knows more than anyone that he is not a striker.

53Bolton 1-1 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Sunderland Sun Sep 22 2019, 15:31

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Does anyone know roughly how many of the 12,000 crowd were visiting away fans?

54Bolton 1-1 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Sunderland Sun Sep 22 2019, 16:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Cajunboy wrote:Does anyone know roughly how many of the 12,000 crowd were visiting away fans?

They sold out their 4,000 ticket allocation, not sure if they were given more?

55Bolton 1-1 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Sunderland Sun Sep 22 2019, 19:18

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy wrote:
Cajunboy wrote:Does anyone know roughly how many of the 12,000 crowd were visiting away fans?

They sold out their 4,000 ticket allocation, not sure if they were given more?
Where are all the people who blamed Anderson and Parky for the reason they stayed away?

56Bolton 1-1 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Sunderland Sun Sep 22 2019, 20:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds_Trotter wrote:Where are all the people who blamed Anderson and Parky for the reason they stayed away?

Probably found something better to do.

Quite a few are watching Chorley.

57Bolton 1-1 Sunderland - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Sunderland Thu Sep 26 2019, 20:43

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum