Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rugby World Cup

+4
luckyPeterpiper
BoltonTillIDie
boltonbonce
wanderlust
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Rugby World Cup Empty Rugby World Cup Tue Oct 01 2019, 01:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Surprised nobody's mentioned it yet but FWIW I think it's been brilliant so far. A few surprise wins, massive support from the fans, and the sense that England are improving, possibly enough to avoid complete humiliation when they come up against decent opposition. Enjoyed whupping the US of A. Next up against the Pumas on Saturday hopefully to put me in a good mood for a cheeky week in Kos that I'll be starting that afternoon.
Kiwis are a machine which always intrigues me considering the entire population is half that of London - must be something in the water. They'll be out to demolish Canada later this morning.
Liking it so far and there's been some excellent rugby played.

2Rugby World Cup Empty Re: Rugby World Cup Tue Oct 01 2019, 19:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Enjoyed Japan beating Ireland, and Wales v Australia was a cracker too.

Fact is I'm more a RL fan. I'm off to Wigan on Friday to see if Salford can make it to the Grand Final.

3Rugby World Cup Empty Re: Rugby World Cup Wed Oct 02 2019, 09:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What's happened to the TV coverage? All the early games were on ITV and there was a highlights programme but couldn't see the Kiwis yesterday and can't see France v the USA today.

4Rugby World Cup Empty Re: Rugby World Cup Sun Oct 27 2019, 01:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fuck me - we're in the final!
What a performance from the England lads. I for one was up at the crack of ten thirty yesterday morning to watch the recording, careful not to see the live game/score before I started watching and it was an absolute treat - especially as the All Blacks have been positioned as the out and out favourites from the beginning.
But England played the perfect game with the perfect plan - albeit masterminded by an Australian.
Whether it's Wales or South Africa in the final is irrelevant - I just hope it's not one of those where a team takes out the favourites and then flops - which happens frequently.

5Rugby World Cup Empty Re: Rugby World Cup Sun Oct 27 2019, 11:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's South Africa after a dour war against an underwhelming Wales. We can win this.

6Rugby World Cup Empty Re: Rugby World Cup Sun Oct 27 2019, 21:36

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I watched us in the semi final against the all blacks.  We were very good, looking forward to the final.

7Rugby World Cup Empty Re: Rugby World Cup Mon Oct 28 2019, 10:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I watched us in the semi final against the all blacks.  We were very good, looking forward to the final.
It was one of those games when we took a lead against the World Champions and spent the rest of the game wondering when they'd get their act together and batter us - which they didn't. Happy days.

8Rugby World Cup Empty Re: Rugby World Cup Mon Oct 28 2019, 17:10

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Awesome performance against the All Blacks. Such a shame for Wales who came so close. It seems the Southern Hemisphere sides are no longer invincible, in fact they look positively mortal now. Come on England!

Rugby World Cup 3151240545 Rugby World Cup 676510450 Rugby World Cup 603197783 Rugby World Cup 540293217 Rugby World Cup 3689547696

9Rugby World Cup Empty Re: Rugby World Cup Mon Oct 28 2019, 21:08

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Some great attacking play, especially by England and Japan. The game has moved on recently to a new level of excitement involving brilliant handling and running. Boring S.A. will try to disrupt with positional kicking and physical power without finesse.

10Rugby World Cup Empty Re: Rugby World Cup Tue Oct 29 2019, 01:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote: Boring S.A. will try to disrupt with positional kicking and physical power without finesse.
I only hope England can avoid an "after the Lord Mayor's show" performance and replicate something like what they did on Saturday which should be enough to bring the World Cup home.

11Rugby World Cup Empty Re: Rugby World Cup Thu Oct 31 2019, 15:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I see that England were fined over £2k for "not following the correct protocol" during New Zealand's haka prior to the semi-final. OK they were taking the piss, but the thing that surprises me is that the rugby authorities actually have a protocol for how the other team behave when the Kiwis do their shouty gurning.
Does any other team have a challenge dance or is this a rule the authorities have created just for NZ?
And could England start doing some aggressive morris dancing?

12Rugby World Cup Empty Re: Rugby World Cup Sat Nov 02 2019, 07:38

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Big day has arrived, come on!

13Rugby World Cup Empty Re: Rugby World Cup Sat Nov 02 2019, 10:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

SA absolutely bullying England first half. Now worried their little winger will take advantage as we tire.

14Rugby World Cup Empty Re: Rugby World Cup Sat Nov 02 2019, 10:52

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don’t like rugby anyway ha

15Rugby World Cup Empty Re: Rugby World Cup Sat Nov 02 2019, 11:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Best team won.

16Rugby World Cup Empty Re: Rugby World Cup Sat Nov 02 2019, 12:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was always going to be a game where two completely different playing styles were going to try to impose their game plan from the start and I reckon England goose was cooked when Sinckler had to retire after just 2 minutes. From then on SA dominated every scrum and maul winning 5 penalties and denying England any hope of building an attacking platform. Add to that some sloppy play and they were crushed. As predicted they ran in a couple of tries at the end to rub salt in as the tired England defence gave way.
Maybe, just maybe with Sinckler at tighthead prop they could have held back the SA scrum, but it wasn't to be. Well done SA.

17Rugby World Cup Empty Re: Rugby World Cup Sun Sep 10 2023, 09:19

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I watched England play Ukraine at footie yesterday and fell asleep. Woke up in time to watch England play Argentina at rugby though. What a performance that was.

The Princess of Wales played a blinder too.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12499795/Kate-Middleton-beams-looks-elegant-white-watches-England-play-against-Argentina-Rugby-World-Cup-France.html

18Rugby World Cup Empty Re: Rugby World Cup Sun Sep 10 2023, 11:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:I watched England play Ukraine at footie yesterday and fell asleep. Woke up in time to watch England play Argentina at rugby though. What a performance that was.

The Princess of Wales played a blinder too.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12499795/Kate-Middleton-beams-looks-elegant-white-watches-England-play-against-Argentina-Rugby-World-Cup-France.html
I almost read that article.

Then thought better of it. I had better things to do, like nailing my scrotum to the kitchen table.

19Rugby World Cup Empty Re: Rugby World Cup Sun Sep 10 2023, 12:32

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
I almost read that article.

Then thought better of it. I had better things to do, like nailing my scrotum to the kitchen table.
I thought you’d like it Boncey. Young William chose well, didn’t he just?

20Rugby World Cup Empty Re: Rugby World Cup Sun Sep 10 2023, 13:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm surprised you're a royalist Bob, I thought they'd be ripe for a financial going over. At least Marcus Rashford earns his own money and doesn't ask the taxpayer to fork out for a £2k outfit to wear to the rugby. She could have gone to Primark.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum