Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rugby World Cup

+4
luckyPeterpiper
BoltonTillIDie
boltonbonce
wanderlust
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Rugby World Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Rugby World Cup Sun Sep 10 2023, 13:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I'm surprised you're a royalist Bob, I thought they'd be ripe for a financial going over. At least Marcus Rashford earns his own money and doesn't ask the taxpayer to fork out for a £2k outfit to wear to the rugby. She could have gone to Primark.
She did look smart.
Probably borrowed it off Edward.

22Rugby World Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Rugby World Cup Sun Sep 10 2023, 14:18

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I'm surprised you're a royalist Bob, I thought they'd be ripe for a financial going over. At least Marcus Rashford earns his own money and doesn't ask the taxpayer to fork out for a £2k outfit to wear to the rugby. She could have gone to Primark.

'Earns'? Is that what you call it, Natasha. I'd say its more a matter of acquiring, garnering, pocketing, and accumulating than 'earning'. Then, of course, there's the small matter of taste, isn't there?

You won't be surprised to know I'm not a Primark fan but I do still wear a Massimo Dutti jacket that I bought about 20 years ago. It still looks good even if I don't.

23Rugby World Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Rugby World Cup Sun Sep 10 2023, 14:50

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just watched Salford Red Devils v Warrington. What a game. What drama. I'm knackered.

Golden point win for the Reds.

24Rugby World Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Rugby World Cup Sun Sep 10 2023, 16:57

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I heard it advertised that the Rugby World Cup is the third biggest global competition in the world - which surprised me (if true!).

Obviously the Olympics and Football World Cup would be 1 and 2 (I've not checked in which order though) but Rugby at 3?

There's only about 3 or 4 nations outside the UK and Ireland who even play the game and the likes of NZ and Australia have more sheep than people to be watching it anyway!

I would have thought 'World' events such as Cricket World Cup (think of the millions and millions in India watching) or Athletics World Cup would draw more and maybe even American 'World Series' events (the world in this case being mostly America) would draw a bigger audience.

I can't abide the rugby jingoism over England, it is always overhyped and nearly always ends in failure and it very often isn't attractive to watch.

One of my neighbours is Irish so I'll probably stick up for them this time although in the past I've always hoped Fiji or Samoa would do well.

England of course will choke once again - and what was that attempted cover up by the English Rugby authority over Owen Farrell's sending off - embarrassing to say the least - worse than a football VAR decision!!!

25Rugby World Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Rugby World Cup Sun Sep 10 2023, 17:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'm surprised you're a royalist Bob, I thought they'd be ripe for a financial going over. At least Marcus Rashford earns his own money and doesn't ask the taxpayer to fork out for a £2k outfit to wear to the rugby. She could have gone to Primark.

To be pedantic she in fact bought her clothes from her own money, from her husband, who derives his income from the land he owns - ie the Duchy of Cornwall.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duchy_of_Cornwall

Fwiw Rashford is reported to be on £375k per week or £10,4m per year (I haven't checked the maths).

That is just his wages, you add on to that his sponsorships and image rights which Bob can tell you more about from the company accounts that is set up to deal with them.

Prince Williams total income is shown to be something like £21m per year, which includes for his family and all the costs for his (and his wife's) royal duties.

It would appear on the surface anyway that Rashford and Mr and Mrs Wales earn roughly the same amount of money as each other.

One kicks a ball about (with ten other mates being paid a similar amount) and seems to date a questionable woman (his life, his choice), the other, whether you believe in the Royals or not, do seem intent on doing public good (the less said about his brother and uncle, the better).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum