Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BWFC 2-1 Fleetwood

+7
BoltonTillIDie
wessy
bryan458
carl baxter
Boggersbelief
luckyPeterpiper
gloswhite
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1BWFC 2-1 Fleetwood Empty BWFC 2-1 Fleetwood Sun Oct 27 2019, 01:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I never thought I'd see the day when I'd use the phrase "high-flying Fleetwood" but today's that day.
After the disappointment of not following up our mighty victory away at Bristol with the momentum and opportunity to build further we have to take on high-flying Fleetwood at home next.
Draw would be good, a win would send the loonies into paroxysms of us staying up for sure.

2BWFC 2-1 Fleetwood Empty Re: BWFC 2-1 Fleetwood Mon Oct 28 2019, 10:10

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Agree, not a team to be taken lightly.

3BWFC 2-1 Fleetwood Empty Re: BWFC 2-1 Fleetwood Mon Oct 28 2019, 10:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Agree, not a team to be taken lightly.
You can bet a fair proportion of our fans still regard Fleetwood as a non-league team that we should brush aside with ease.

4BWFC 2-1 Fleetwood Empty Re: BWFC 2-1 Fleetwood Mon Oct 28 2019, 14:45

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I hope they don't lusty. I've actually watched Fleetwood a few times (my dad lives there) and they're a genuinely good side. They play for each other and there's a genuinely good understanding between their players on who's going to be where and what to do. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they're Liverpool or Man City but they have a team spirit allied to some genuine quality that will make them a tough proposition for anybody.

5BWFC 2-1 Fleetwood Empty Re: BWFC 2-1 Fleetwood Fri Nov 01 2019, 21:18

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

3-0 win. The boys are on the march.

How good is Lindsay Zouma

6BWFC 2-1 Fleetwood Empty Re: BWFC 2-1 Fleetwood Sat Nov 02 2019, 07:41

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We’ve played Fleetwood twice. We have a 100% win record against them! What could go wrong? Nothing, we’ll win :toppoints:

7BWFC 2-1 Fleetwood Empty Re: BWFC 2-1 Fleetwood Sat Nov 02 2019, 08:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:We’ve played Fleetwood twice. We have a 100% win record against them! What could go wrong? Nothing, we’ll win :toppoints:
Dodgy knee has blown up, but I'll be hobbling along, so I hope you're right.

8BWFC 2-1 Fleetwood Empty Re: BWFC 2-1 Fleetwood Sat Nov 02 2019, 12:59

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Match Preview: Fleetwood Town (H)

Wanderers welcome Joey Barton’s Fleetwood Town on Saturday afternoon for another Sky Bet League One clash at the University of Bolton Stadium.

Fleetwood Town currently sit fourth in the Sky Bet League One at the time of writing and they have won three of their last five home league games.

Their last fixture in the competition against MK Dons ended in 1-0.

Team News

Following on from Tuesday’s victory against Manchester City U21s, there are no new injury concerns to report for Keith Hill’s side, barring the absence of Ali Crawford, who looks set for a spell on the sidelines.

Head to Head

Wanderers and Fleetwood Town have faced each other on just two occasions with us coming out on top in both of those meetings.

The last time the two teams met was in March 2017, in Sky Bet League One.

The game finished as a 4-2 win for Wanderers at Highbury, as goals from David Wheater, Mark Beevers and a brace from Adam Le Fondre sealed the three points for the Whites.

Match Coverage:

As usual, match updates will be provided by the club’s official twitter account (@OfficialBWFC). We will keep you up to date with the action to ensure you don’t miss a kick – delivering a match report shortly after the final whistle with post-match reaction from manager, Keith Hill.

Live commentary will also be available by the iFollow BWFC channel (subscribe via the website), with the BBC Radio Manchester team providing the coverage.

Betting Odds

Fleetwood Town are the favourites heading into this one. The away side are fancied to take this one by Sky Bet and are priced at 4/5 at the time of writing.

Wanderers are priced at 29/10 to register a second league victory of the 2019/20 campaign and you can get the draw at 11/4.

Man in the Middle:

Tomorrow afternoon’s game will be officiated by Scott Oldham.

He has officiated 11 matches this season with his latest a 2-0 away victory for Northampton Town against Carlisle United in Sky Bet League Two.

This season, he has dished out 31 yellow cards and not a single red card.

During his four seasons in the professional refereeing ranks, Oldham last has never refereed a Bolton Wanderers fixture.

Joe Simpson and Mark Cunliffe will act as his assistants, with Gary Hilton the fourth official for tomorrow afternoon’s fixture.

Key Man for the Cod Army – Paddy Madden:

When looking at the Fleetwood Town side, 29-year-old Paddy is the main man leading the line for Michael Appleton’s side and is in fine form.

The striker has scored 11 goals in all competitions for the Cod Army and is the third top goal scorer in the division.

He has scored five goals in his last five games for Fleetwood, with a sole goal against Coventry in a 2-1 away defeat his last goal scoring contribution.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

9BWFC 2-1 Fleetwood Empty Re: BWFC 2-1 Fleetwood Sat Nov 02 2019, 13:54

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

10BWFC 2-1 Fleetwood Empty Re: BWFC 2-1 Fleetwood Sat Nov 02 2019, 14:04

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

11BWFC 2-1 Fleetwood Empty Re: BWFC 2-1 Fleetwood Sat Nov 02 2019, 14:41

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

good to see Verlinden back

12BWFC 2-1 Fleetwood Empty Re: BWFC 2-1 Fleetwood Sat Nov 02 2019, 15:37

carl baxter

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

2 nil

http://www.cheshirechristmastrees.com

13BWFC 2-1 Fleetwood Empty Re: BWFC 2-1 Fleetwood Sat Nov 02 2019, 15:39

carl baxter

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

O,Grady
Murphy

http://www.cheshirechristmastrees.com

14BWFC 2-1 Fleetwood Empty Re: BWFC 2-1 Fleetwood Sat Nov 02 2019, 16:55

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good win that.

15BWFC 2-1 Fleetwood Empty Re: BWFC 2-1 Fleetwood Sat Nov 02 2019, 16:56

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Great result

16BWFC 2-1 Fleetwood Empty Re: BWFC 2-1 Fleetwood Sat Nov 02 2019, 17:04

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Fuck Me, Another 2 Points and we'll be on !!!!!!!! NO POINTS !!!  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

17BWFC 2-1 Fleetwood Empty Re: BWFC 2-1 Fleetwood Sat Nov 02 2019, 17:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bryan458 wrote:Fuck Me, Another 2 Points and we'll be on !!!!!!!! NO POINTS !!!  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
....with a GD of minus 7 million. Definitely going places until the EFL dock us another bunch of points.

18BWFC 2-1 Fleetwood Empty Re: BWFC 2-1 Fleetwood Sat Nov 02 2019, 17:20

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

with 3 games in hand against the most of the other bottom teams - I think it can be done, at least we have a fighting chance

19BWFC 2-1 Fleetwood Empty Re: BWFC 2-1 Fleetwood Sat Nov 02 2019, 17:30

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Excellent reult and performance from what I saw and heard. It seems Keith has started to get the lads to play with more confidence and with no little quality.

20BWFC 2-1 Fleetwood Empty Re: BWFC 2-1 Fleetwood Sat Nov 02 2019, 18:05

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Beat one of the leagues best teams off today's performance. Fleetwood despite all the second half pressure, we still created two great chances, but they eventually got the goal they deserved but we hung on for a great win.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum