Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer rumours !

+26
Whitesince63
Norpig
boltonbonce
Keegan
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
okocha
Hip Priest
Sluffy
gloswhite
wessy
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
finlaymcdanger
Cajunboy
luckyPeterpiper
Ten Bobsworth
terenceanne
y2johnny
Hipster_Nebula
observer
xmiles
MartinBWFC
karlypants
Nigelbwfc
bryan458
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 41 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 50]

641Transfer rumours ! - Page 33 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jun 04 2021, 08:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Linked with Josh Sheehan from Newport, i'm sure he must of played against us last season but i don't remember him.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

642Transfer rumours ! - Page 33 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jun 04 2021, 10:22

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Declan John released by Swansea.  Expect him to be announced shortly then 

643Transfer rumours ! - Page 33 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jun 04 2021, 11:04

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Declan John released by Swansea.  Expect him to be announced shortly then 

Need to get a contract in front of him now before someone else beats us to it!

644Transfer rumours ! - Page 33 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jun 04 2021, 15:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Evatt definitely has a thing about the sheep mitherers.....
Williams, John, Jones, Isgrove and possibly Sheehan.
I'd take Bale if we're getting any more.

645Transfer rumours ! - Page 33 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jun 04 2021, 17:20

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Evatt definitely has a thing about the sheep mitherers.....
Williams, John, Jones, Isgrove and possibly Sheehan.
I'd take Bale if we're getting any more.

Enough of the ethnic slurs please otherwise you will face a ban.

List of ethnic slurs

The following is a list of ethnic slurs (ethnophaulisms) that are, or have been, used as insinuations or allegations about members of a given ethnicity or racial group or to refer to them in a derogatory (that is, critical or disrespectful), pejorative (disapproving or contemptuous), or otherwise insulting manner.

Some of the terms listed below (such as "Gringo", "Yank", etc.) are used by many people all over the world as part of their ordinary speech or thinking without any intention of causing offence. The connotation of a term and prevalence of its use as a pejorative or neutral descriptor varies over time and by geography.

For the purposes of this list, an ethnic slur is a term designed to insult others on the basis of race, ethnicity, or nationality. Each term is listed followed by its country or region of usage, a definition, and a reference to that term.

646Transfer rumours ! - Page 33 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jun 04 2021, 17:44

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

George Johnston signed on a 3 year deal, was on loan at Wigan last season from Feyenoord, suffice to say Wigan fans are going apeshit at this news

647Transfer rumours ! - Page 33 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jun 04 2021, 17:45

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:

List of ethnic slurs

The following is a list of ethnic slurs (ethnophaulisms) that are, or have been, used as insinuations or allegations about members of a given ethnicity or racial group or to refer to them in a derogatory (that is, critical or disrespectful), pejorative (disapproving or contemptuous), or otherwise insulting manner.

Some of the terms listed below (such as "Gringo", "Yank", etc.) are used by many people all over the world as part of their ordinary speech or thinking without any intention of causing offence. The connotation of a term and prevalence of its use as a pejorative or neutral descriptor varies over time and by geography.

For the purposes of this list, an ethnic slur is a term designed to insult others on the basis of race, ethnicity, or nationality. Each term is listed followed by its country or region of usage, a definition, and a reference to that term.

How flaky is this post?

648Transfer rumours ! - Page 33 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sat Jun 05 2021, 19:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Shame you don't apply the same standards to your slurs on mental health with your regular us of "nutjob", "mentalist" etc etc - especially when slandering someone whose child suffers from schizophrenia.
Perhaps you should ban yourself and give us all a break?

649Transfer rumours ! - Page 33 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sat Jun 05 2021, 19:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:George Johnston signed on a 3 year deal, was on loan at Wigan last season from Feyenoord, suffice to say Wigan fans are going apeshit at this news
Feyenoord bought him from Liverpool but with a 30% sell on clause.
Does that mean Liverpool get nowt if we got him for free? Or have we coughed up?

650Transfer rumours ! - Page 33 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sat Jun 05 2021, 21:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Shame you don't apply the same standards to your slurs on mental health with your regular us of "nutjob", "mentalist" etc etc - especially when slandering someone whose child suffers from schizophrenia.
Perhaps you should ban yourself and give us all a break?

I don't remember you being so PC when you repeatedly insinuated I had mental health issues (along with copious other personal abuse of me that got you banned off here more than once) all because I told you that there were no unsecured assets at the club to rape and plunder - you claimed there were £168m when there was in fact zero!!!

But if you wish, even though your behaviour over the years has clearly pointed to you having personal issues yourself, I will change from using the terms nutjob (a mad or crazy person) and mentalist (an eccentric or mad person) to describe you in future and substitute moron (very foolish or stupid) and fruit cake (Slang. a crazy or eccentric person) instead.

And fwiw I have a child too and you have no idea of her mental health but that didn't stop you 'slandering' me with your opinions on my mental health did it?

The bottom line is that there has been no excuse for your lies and abuse on here over the years on a site that was always intended to be friendly, welcoming and lighthearted.

It's clear you don't like being wrong and react petulantly and childishly when you  are shown to be so.

I'm sorry your son has mental health issues, no doubt they have taken a toll on you too over the years but that isn't an excuse to behave the way you have on here.

If you can't control your behaviour on such a innocuous, little site as ours then maybe you should reflect on whether you need to seek help yourself?

And going back to the original point, the world has moved on from ethnic slurs and you should move with it, and if I recall correctly you've already served two bans off here for using homophobic comments previously, so such a warning that you received shouldn't have come as much of a shock to you - and I even give you the benefit of the doubt by asking you please to not doing so again.

I think that was fair and reasonable of me even if you might believe otherwise.

651Transfer rumours ! - Page 33 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jun 06 2021, 15:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

I don't remember you being so PC when you repeatedly insinuated I had mental health issues
You: I'll ban you for what I perceive as an ethnic slur
Me: Ban yourself for making mental health slurs
You: You do it too

Me: So that makes it OK for you to do it then?

652Transfer rumours ! - Page 33 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jun 06 2021, 15:55

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

I don't remember you being so PC when you repeatedly insinuated I had mental health issues

Me: The ethnic slur is real and I asked you to stop making them in future.

Me: I said I would not use nutjob and mentalist in future, in fact I won't even use moron or fruit cake either, I'll just post that your behaviour seems to be that of a mentally ill person - which I would suggest is more than fair comment.

Me: Funny how you forgot to acknowledge your previous multiple bans for abuse and homophobic comments!

Rolling Eyes

653Transfer rumours ! - Page 33 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jun 06 2021, 16:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Max Clark?

654Transfer rumours ! - Page 33 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jun 07 2021, 11:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Me: The ethnic slur is real in my opinion and I asked you to stop making them in future.

Me: I said I would not use nutjob and mentalist in future, in fact I won't even use moron or fruit cake either, I'll just post that your behaviour seems to be that of a mentally ill person - which I would suggest is more than fair comment because promising to be less abusive in the future somehow makes up for the abuse I've regularly dished out in the past

Me: Funny how you forgot to acknowledge your previous multiple bans for what in my opinion amounted to abuse and homophobic comments even though nobody else had any issues with it.

Rolling Eyes

655Transfer rumours ! - Page 33 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jun 07 2021, 12:46

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Me: The ethnic slur is real in my opinion and I asked you to stop making them in future.

Me: I said I would not use nutjob and mentalist in future, in fact I won't even use moron or fruit cake either, I'll just post that your behaviour seems to be that of a mentally ill person - which I would suggest is more than fair comment because promising to be less abusive in the future somehow makes up for the abuse I've regularly dished out in the past

Me: Funny how you forgot to acknowledge your previous multiple bans for what in my opinion amounted to abuse and homophobic comments even though nobody else had any issues with it.

Rolling Eyes

1 - Only in my opinion is it?

Man who described Welsh people as 'sheep s******s' in drunken rant is fined £150

2 - Pot calling the kettle here.

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:I don't remember you being so PC when you repeatedly insinuated I had mental health issues

3 - How do you know nobody else had any issues with it...?  

What is hate crime?
According to the police definition, a hate crime is any criminal offence which is perceived by the
victim or any other person to be motivated by hostility or prejudice toward someone’s actual or
perceived race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or transgender identity. It therefore
includes crimes that are motivated by homophobia, biphobia and transphobia. Hate crimes can
affect people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual and/or trans, but also people who are only
perceived to be LGBT.

I suggest you need to get yourself on a training course as quickly as possible as you clearly don't realise that the world has moved on and left Neanderthals like you far behind.

Rolling Eyes

656Transfer rumours ! - Page 33 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jun 07 2021, 13:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Read an article comparing Max Clark to Declan John which suggests Clark is the better player - but is also on £8k a week....

"Bolton should wave bye-bye to John and allow the left-back to find another move away from Swansea this summer instead of pursuing him further. John was a solid performer for Bolton in League Two, but Evatt could improve his squad by bringing in Clark instead of the Welshman. Both players are set to be available on free transfers this summer, with John’s contract at Swansea [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and they are both 25-years-old, which means that it should purely come down to who the better player is out of the two.
Prior to the 2020/21 campaign, Clark enjoyed two impressive seasons with Vitesse in the Eredivisie. Clark averaged a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in 26 appearances during his debut year for the Dutch side, before managing an excellent score of[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in the 2019/20 season – showing off his quality at left-back in the top division of Dutch football.
Meanwhile, John averaged a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in 21 appearances in League Two for Bolton and has a dismal career [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] across his time with Cardiff, Swansea and Bolton. This suggests that Clark is the superior player at left-back, as he has performed to a higher standard than John whilst also playing in a tougher competition – given that Clark played in a top European league and John featured in the fourth division of English football.
The [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] beast, Clark, has also previously proven himself at Championship level. Clark averaged a superb [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in 27 Championship appearances for Hull in the 2017/18 season. He racked up [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] per game that season, showing that he has the ability to play at Championship level, which is a step above where Bolton will be playing next term."

Not sure we're paying £8k a week - surely wage levels will be a factor in who we bring in for League 1 and John is obviously affordable.

657Transfer rumours ! - Page 33 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jun 07 2021, 16:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phew! really glad I didn't use the words "sheep s******s"" then - I could be banged up by now.  :rofl:

658Transfer rumours ! - Page 33 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jun 07 2021, 16:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OK we got Dapo but I'd be surprised if we were still fishing in this particular pond.

659Transfer rumours ! - Page 33 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jun 07 2021, 16:43

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Phew! really glad I didn't use the words "sheep s******s"" then - I could be banged up by now.  :rofl:

I'm getting sick of this - in fact I would imagine we all are.

You've used a slur that is no longer tolerated - in fact in can be seen to be a hate crime.

I'm not suggesting you did it with any intended malice and I simply asked you to please stop doing so from now on.

You've obviously got a massive problem in being seen to be wrong about anything and once again we have this churlish and petulant behaviour from you.

If you want to live in your world where it is fine to be racist, homophobic and all the other things you want it to be, then fine, carry on however if you want to continue to be part of this community then you need to abide by the world we live in today and pack in your constant shite trying to exonerate yourself over everything and anything you get wrong and can't face up to taking responsibility for.

If you do have any real friends on here hopefully they will speak up and advise you the same.

660Transfer rumours ! - Page 33 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jun 07 2021, 23:56

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Speaking of pots and kettles......

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 41 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum