Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Brexit Watch

Brexit Watch

+14
Ten Bobsworth
Hipster_Nebula
gloswhite
okocha
Cajunboy
Natasha Whittam
Angry Dad
Norpig
Sluffy
sunlight
karlypants
boltonbonce
wanderlust
xmiles
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 27  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 27]

101Brexit Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Sat Feb 06 2021, 14:41

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Brexit was sold on a series of half-truths, outright lies and delusional fantasies about how we'd be much better off outside the EU. Unfortunately the majority of the public swallowed it all and even now as the reality begins to bite some don't want to let go of their belief that we've somehow regained our 'sovereignty' as if we'd ever lost it in the first place.

We are the first country in history to deliberately make it harder for ourselves to trade with foreign countries and to deliberately throw away access to all sorts of information we need to ensure our own national security. We've thrown away our position as a 'bridge' between the EU and US and we've also tossed away a huge chunk of our businesses particularly in the financial markets.

What I personally fear is that once the co-vid pandemic is over we'll see the true consequences of Brexit in all their ugly glory. While I respect the result of the referendum I am absolutely certain that five years from now those who voted for it will realise they have deep cause to regret that. Personally I am afraid that our children and grandchildren will pay for our short sightedness.

102Brexit Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Sat Feb 06 2021, 14:55

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Brexit was sold on a series of half-truths, outright lies and delusional fantasies about how we'd be much better off outside the EU. Unfortunately the majority of the public swallowed it all and even now as the reality begins to bite some don't want to let go of their belief that we've somehow regained our 'sovereignty' as if we'd ever lost it in the first place.

We are the first country in history to deliberately make it harder for ourselves to trade with foreign countries and to deliberately throw away access to all sorts of information we need to ensure our own national security. We've thrown away our position as a 'bridge' between the EU and US and we've also tossed away a huge chunk of our businesses particularly in the financial markets.

What I personally fear is that once the co-vid pandemic is over we'll see the true consequences of Brexit in all their ugly glory. While I respect the result of the referendum I am absolutely certain that five years from now those who voted for it will realise they have deep cause to regret that. Personally I am afraid that our children and grandchildren will pay for our short sightedness.

I agree with pretty much all you say. However I doubt whether a lot of the people who voted for brexit will ever admit they were wrong. They will blame all the problems on the EU or even ludicrously on those of us who voted remain. As we all know some people just aren't prepared to admit they are wrong.

103Brexit Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Sat Feb 06 2021, 14:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:I see that you are again calling brexiteers idiots XM.
It was me but you are extrapolating. What I said was the lie was told to get idiots to vote for Brexit which many did. That doesn’t mean that everyone who voted to leave did so for this particular reason - in reality people voted for loads of different reasons - ergo I’m not suggesting all Brexiteers are idiots.

104Brexit Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Sat Feb 06 2021, 15:20

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

wanderlust wrote:
It was me but you are extrapolating. What I said was the lie was told to get idiots to vote for Brexit which many did. That doesn’t mean that everyone who voted to leave did so for this particular reason - in reality people voted for loads of different reasons - ergo I’m not suggesting all Brexiteers are idiots.

Reminds of that time Will Self said "all racists voted for leave" and that idiot brexiteer Mark Francois was stupid enough to think that meant Self was saying every leave voter was racist. Rolling Eyes

105Brexit Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Sat Feb 06 2021, 15:32

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:

Reminds of that time Will Self said "all racists voted for leave" and that idiot brexiteer Mark Francois was stupid enough to think that meant Self was saying every leave voter was racist. Rolling Eyes
All cabbages are vegetables but not all vegetables are cabbages as they say....

106Brexit Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Sat Feb 06 2021, 17:45

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

And we Brexiteers are not all as green as we are cabbage looking.  Very Happy

107Brexit Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Sun Feb 07 2021, 15:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:And we Brexiteers are not all as green as we are cabbage looking.  Very Happy
Brexit Watch - Page 6 9624bddf-b0ce-4292-897f-af0b200be2da

108Brexit Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Sun Feb 07 2021, 15:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Brexit Watch - Page 6 28015c0e-f36c-47df-a53d-f1a6ab6961a2

109Brexit Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Sun Feb 07 2021, 16:06

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I wonder how many people in Vulnerable Groups 1-4 would already have had their first Covid vaccinations,  if we had remained in the EU?

110Brexit Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Sun Feb 07 2021, 16:11

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Probably exactly the same.

111Brexit Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Sun Feb 07 2021, 16:39

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

xmiles wrote:Probably exactly the same.
How do you work that out?

112Brexit Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Sun Feb 07 2021, 16:59

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Why do you think it would be any different?

113Brexit Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Sun Feb 07 2021, 17:19

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Because the wankers are weeks behind us, and Macron is saying its because they are doing it as one, as Europeans. (Germany is considering buying Russian vaccines). The French people want  a vaccine of their own, but their research and distribution hasn't worked out, partly because because of bad administration as much as anything.
My wife and I both had ours today  Very Happy

114Brexit Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Sun Feb 07 2021, 17:30

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Other EU countries are behind us but that has nothing to do with brexit. Even if we had remained in the EU under the rules of the the European Medicines Agency we would still have been able to take decisions around vaccines exactly as we have done.

Those brexiteers just can't stop lying can they.

115Brexit Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Sun Feb 07 2021, 17:38

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

xmiles wrote:Other EU countries are behind us but that has nothing to do with brexit. Even if we had remained in the EU under the rules of the the European Medicines Agency we would still have been able to take decisions around vaccines exactly as we have done.

Those brexiteers just can't stop lying can they.
It's down to EU inefficiency that they are so far behind.

116Brexit Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Sun Feb 07 2021, 17:39

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

gloswhite wrote:Because the wankers are weeks behind us, and Macron is saying its because they are doing it as one, as Europeans. (Germany is considering buying Russian vaccines). The French people want  a vaccine of their own, but their research and distribution hasn't worked out, partly because because of bad administration as much as anything.
My wife and I both had ours today  Very Happy
Glad you have both had your jabs,  my wife and I are having ours on Tuesday.

117Brexit Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Sun Feb 07 2021, 18:03

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Cajunboy wrote:
It's down to EU inefficiency that they are so far behind.

I am not disputing that. Your original question was "I wonder how many people in Vulnerable Groups 1-4 would already have had their first Covid vaccinations, if we had remained in the EU?" to which the answer is exactly the same number.

118Brexit Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Sun Feb 07 2021, 20:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think it’s a good strategy if the vaccine actually works but with the assorted ongoing mutations there is still the possibility that the current vaccines - which were ushered through the approval process by our government for political reasons - may not be sufficient in the long run and the next generation of vaccines or the stem cell/genome research outcomes may provide a better option.

Obviously we’ll know in the fullness of time, but if it does turn out to be the case, the government will have blown all our resources on a white elephant.

Like the folk who piled their money into the canal system just before trains came along.

119Brexit Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Sun Feb 07 2021, 22:41

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:I think it’s a good strategy if the vaccine actually works but with the assorted ongoing mutations there is still the possibility that the current vaccines - which were ushered through the approval process by our government for political reasons - may not be sufficient in the long run and the next generation of vaccines or the stem cell/genome research outcomes may provide a better option.

Obviously we’ll know in the fullness of time, but if it does turn out to be the case, the government will have blown all our resources on a white elephant.

Like the folk who piled their money into the canal system just before trains came along.
...and shortly after I posted this there was an article on the BBC news citing a study that indicates the AZ vaccine offers minimal protection against the SA variant - although it’s hoped it will still ameliorate the worst of the effect.

120Brexit Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Wed Feb 10 2021, 12:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

CEBR has finally published it’s assessment of the impact of Brexit on the financial sector which states London will lose at least £9.5 billion a year for the foreseeable future, business closures due to the new red tape continue to rise etc etc but what gets me is that some folk are surprised.
The JD Sports boss says it’s “worse than expected” so will be moving 1000 jobs to the continent and chief submissive gimp Lord Frost himself says it’s “bumpier than expected” as if it’s all going to come good eventually I.e. when the brexiteers are no longer around to take the blame when it doesn’t.
What on earth did they actually think was going to happen? That we’d be better off without our main trading partner?

Sponsored content



Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum