Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Beware the Ides of March

+5
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
boltonbonce
Ten Bobsworth
Norpig
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

21Beware the Ides of March - Page 2 Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 16:08

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

More chat is great, being patronised and talked down to is another thing altogether!

22Beware the Ides of March - Page 2 Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 16:17

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Norpig wrote:
Ten Bobsworth wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:I like their vegan pies. Ate two Bob. Very Happy
How much were they? It costs a few bob to maintain a castle.

I don't expect you or Norpig will be much interested how he does it, but I expect Sluffy will.

Interest-free loan to Mr Vince at 30 April 2019 £2,018K (£961K in 2018).

In other words about a million quid a year.

You'll find it on page 48 of the 2019 accounts.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
no one gives the shiniest shit about your obsession with FGR (apart from your best mate) so i think i'll pass on this thanks.

You really could send a glass eye to sleep Ten bob and i should know as i have one.
I'm sorry to hear of your physical disability but you wouldn't also be one of those mindless gobbins that didn't know what a limited company was or why BWFC had been one since 1895. Or would you?
Patronising git!

23Beware the Ides of March - Page 2 Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 16:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:In all fairness to Bob and Sluffy, most regulars want it to be more lively with football chat related stuff on here and now it’s happening somewhat you are all moaning! 

You can’t have it both ways you know! Very Happy

You need to grow a pair KP, if this was any other poster dishing out the insults he'd be on his way.

24Beware the Ides of March - Page 2 Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 16:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:I'm sure it's a wonderful subject Bob, but, like baseball, I don't understand it. And it's not a subject that you can grasp with a few searches on google, so I tend to let those who seem to know more about it try to enlighten me, hard though that is sometimes.
Rammy, late of this site, was very good at explaining, and informing us during the trials and tribulations with Anderson, and did so I might add, without making us feel like seven year olds.
To be honest, I thank God that only yourself and Sluffy post about this stuff, because if the rest of us were up to speed on it, all hell would break loose.
My slippers wouldn't get a look in.

Baseball is really easy to understand the basics of.

Years ago my best mate at the time had gone on holiday to America and when he was there got hooked on baseball he saw on TV.  When he got back he somehow how found out that there was a service primarily aimed at US forces based overseas whereby they could buy VHS video's of NBA's games of the week to watch on the various European video players configurations where they were based and asked if I'd be interested in going halves with him on the cost, which I did.

Over a period of time we more or less worked out from the commentary how the game was played - and as a lover of cricket I quite enjoyed and appreciated baseball.

Iirc when Channel 4 started it showcased a number of sports not featured on British telly at the time, with baseball being one of them.  We thus stopped buying the videos and watched these instead, usually videoing them ourselves as they were shown very late at night.

Eventually as my career and family both developed, I simply could not find the time to watch 3 and 4 hour length video's of just one game and eventually stopped watching and following it over time.

There's an awful lot of strategy that goes on in any game and isn't the 'six or out - rounders game' that many think it is.

I've been fortunate to actually catch a few games live on my travels and been to amongst others, Dodgers Stadium and Toronto's ground.

If you are interested at all I would be happy to try and explain anything you don't understand about the game the best I can.

25Beware the Ides of March - Page 2 Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 17:21

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Please don't.

26Beware the Ides of March - Page 2 Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 17:41

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:Please don't.
Very Happy
Good try Sluffy. I'll stick to thinking it's rounders with knobs on. Smile

27Beware the Ides of March - Page 2 Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 17:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:
Cajunboy wrote:Please don't.
Very Happy
Good try Sluffy. I'll stick to thinking it's rounders with knobs on. Smile

Well for rounders with knobs on, some people make an amazing amount of money from it!

28Beware the Ides of March - Page 2 Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 17:56

karlypants wrote:With all that money he has you would have thought he would clean up his appearance a bit.

Being a self proclaimed new age traveller doesn't mean he needs to look grubby as he looks like he needs a good wash.

Ha here he is! Bet you look like James Bond don’t you Karly?!

29Beware the Ides of March - Page 2 Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 17:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I do remember the Black Sox scandal.

30Beware the Ides of March - Page 2 Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 18:18

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:I do remember the Black Sox scandal.

Fair play if you're that old!

This is a more recent event that made people laugh at the time!

31Beware the Ides of March - Page 2 Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 18:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:I do remember the Black Sox scandal.

Fair play if you're that old!

This is a more recent event that made people laugh at the time!

I'm not that old. But I remember reading about Shoeless Joe Jackson. Although Baseball is pretty much alien to me, Ken Burns' series 'Baseball' is riveting TV.

32Beware the Ides of March - Page 2 Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 19:06

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:In all fairness to Bob and Sluffy, most regulars want it to be more lively with football chat related stuff on here and now it’s happening somewhat you are all moaning! 

You can’t have it both ways you know! Very Happy

You need to grow a pair KP, if this was any other poster dishing out the insults he'd be on his way.

I don't know how TROY has lasted in all fairness. This needs to be looked at. Very Happy

33Beware the Ides of March - Page 2 Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 19:06

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:More chat is great, being patronised and talked down to is another thing altogether!

Laughing

34Beware the Ides of March - Page 2 Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 19:09

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:
karlypants wrote:With all that money he has you would have thought he would clean up his appearance a bit.

Being a self proclaimed new age traveller doesn't mean he needs to look grubby as he looks like he needs a good wash.

Ha here he is! Bet you look like James Bond don’t you Karly?!

Good god you really are a cock. :facepalm:

35Beware the Ides of March - Page 2 Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 19:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:I don't know how TROY has lasted in all fairness. This needs to be looked at. Very Happy

You massive bellend.

If I did a poll asking who should be binned, TROY or Bob, Bob would win hands down.

You need to get off your knees and sort this out.

36Beware the Ides of March - Page 2 Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 20:04

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:I don't know how TROY has lasted in all fairness. This needs to be looked at. Very Happy

You massive bellend.

If I did a poll asking who should be binned, TROY or Bob, Bob would win hands down.

You need to get off your knees and sort this out.

No one is being binned.

Bob and I like to talk about finance.

Ok we get that it bores a lot of people but it's certainly not worth being banned over - although Wways obviously thought it was for their site (if anyone reads this from Wways I'd be grateful if you could pass on my condolences to Escobarp on the death of his father, it's not an easy thing to deal with).

If you don't like posts about financial stuff then simply don't read them - it's as easily solved as that.

37Beware the Ides of March - Page 2 Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 20:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:No one is being binned.

Ok we get that it bores a lot of people but it's certainly not worth being banned over - although Wways obviously thought it was for their site (if anyone reads this from Wways I'd be grateful if you could pass on my condolences to Escobarp on the death of his father, it's not an easy thing to deal with).

If you don't like posts about financial stuff then simply don't read them - it's as easily solved as that.

If we binned every boring poster I'd be the only one on here. This is about the subtle digs and insinuations that we're all thick because we don't care who financed the Reebok decades ago.

He was banned from WW for a reason.

38Beware the Ides of March - Page 2 Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 20:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:No one is being binned.

If we binned every boring poster I'd be the only one on here. This is about the subtle digs and insinuations that we're all thick because we don't care who financed the Reebok decades ago.

He was banned from WW for a reason.

I was banned for a reason yet I didn't go around making subtle digs and insinuations.

I objected to how people could threaten physical violence to him, even saying they would seek him out to do so (one even saying he'd give him a 'slap' knowing full well that Bob is eighty years old ffs!) and abusing him, frequently calling him a cunt just because he implied they weren't the brightest when all he was doing was simply stating financial facts which was contrary to the almost universal belief that Anderson was the Devil incarnate here to rape the club for his own benefit.

Seems on Wways vile abuse and threats of seeking him out and physically attacking him don't warrant any sanctions but inferring someone is a bit dim, is!

We are not that sort of a site.

And fwiw, it looks as though Bob was right about the finances under Anderson's tenure all along and virtually everyone else was wrong.

The lynch mobs aren't always right you know.

39Beware the Ides of March - Page 2 Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 20:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
I was banned for a reason yet I didn't go around making subtle digs and insinuations.

I objected to how people could threaten physical violence to him, even saying they would seek him out to do so (one even saying he'd give him a 'slap' knowing full well that Bob is eighty years old ffs!) and abusing him, frequently calling him a cunt just because he implied they weren't the brightest when all he was doing was simply stating financial facts which was contrary to the almost universal belief that Anderson was the Devil incarnate here to rape the club for his own benefit.

Seems on Wways vile abuse and threats of seeking him out and physically attacking him don't warrant any sanctions but inferring someone is a bit dim, is!

We are not that sort of a site.

And fwiw, it looks as though Bob was right about the finances under Anderson's tenure all along and virtually everyone else was wrong.

The lynch mobs aren't always right you know.

Completely missed the point of my post. But you knew that.

40Beware the Ides of March - Page 2 Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 20:59

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Completely missed the point of my post. But you knew that.

Did I?

Then spell it out so I won't.

Bob clearly things people have lost sight of Eddie Davies benevolence and legacy.

His way of saying it is by attempting to remind everyone that it was his money that in effect paid for the assets that the club is surviving on to this day.

Most people don't care but he does and what's the problem that he wants to remind people of the fact.

If Eddie Davis hadn't, we'd gone the way of Bury long before now.

As far as I can see he's got every right to say it as anyone else has the right to say what they want on here (within reason of course) - isn't that why we have a forum, to say things and debate on things that others may not always agree with, or even care about.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum