Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Keith Hill's reaction - Bolton 0 Accrington 0

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keith Hill thanked keeper Remi Matthews from saving him and the Wanderers fans from more heartbreak as his side clung to a 0-0 draw against Accrington.

Bolton, who had been on a five-game losing streak before kick-off, had seen a point snatched away at the death against Blackpool in midweek.

Though they dominated the first half against Stanley, exertions at Bloomfield Road seemed to catch up with some as they conceded more and more of the ball after the break.

Jordan Clark was twice denied by Matthews – including with the last kick of the game – and Hill believes his keeper deserves the praise coming his way.

“Jordan Clark, I do believe he is the best winger in League One by a country mile,” he said. “He has had one brilliant chance but it was a brilliant save at the death, right before the final whistle. I was heartbroken Tuesday, I would have been worse there.

“It was a magnificent save and he was in there to do that.

“We looked a little bit fatigued, a little bit raggy, and I am so glad Remi saved it.”

Wanderers had rained in 14 shots on the Accrington goal in the first half but they failed to make the breakthrough, which led to a nervy last half-hour.

Chances fell to Dennis Politic, Ali Crawford and Joe Dodoo but Hill admits the lack of a finishing touch left the door open for their opponents.

“My initial assessment is that I am pretty pleased with the determination to keep a clean sheet, to see the 90 minutes through,” he said. “I thought we should have taken advantage in the first half because we played really well.

“There was a lull for the first 10 minutes of the second half where I thought I needed to make positive substitutions. But when we were in the throes of the game we got a second wind.

“I was pleased with the performance, the level of commitment from the players, and pleased with a point against an excellent side, and they are.

“We nullified their threat to a certain degree and I thought we showed a lot of desire. We were hit with an injury again, so I’m making a change in central defence, which is always awkward.

“But after the week we have had… It’s been a week where we have narrowly been defeated twice and the lads have done a lot of hard work, third game on the bounce. Ali Crawford, Kean Bryan coming in cold, so I have to congratulate the players for seeing it through, whereas against Blackpool they just didn’t.

“So from the lads’ point of view they are pleased they saw it through but to turn that into a win we have to make sure when we are hot and creating the opportunities, we have to score them in the first half.”

Source

Last edited by karlypants on Sat Feb 29 2020, 21:21; edited 1 time in total

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Although rivetted to the broadcast of a magnificent 0-0 draw I couldn't resist, at the same time, taking a look at the Accy's accounts. They don't file a profit and loss account but are owned by a company called 0404 Investments Ltd which is owned by Andy Holt. So I took a peek there.

Annual Reports are usually written in accountant-speak but 0404's looks like its been written by plain-speaking Andy hisself; think of a cross beween Bob Lord and Joe Maplin.

Andy says he's sick of hearing about Brexit whilst going on a bit of a rant about ...erm Brexit.

Not a lot of interest otherwise. A small overdrawn directors loan account but I get the impression of a two cups to a tea bag man who wouldn't be seen dead in ripped jeans or a £750K eco-car.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Shouldn't leave it without this photo and comment from Andy H:

"Not the best game but you’ll go a long way to find nicer people".

Keith Hill's reaction - Bolton 0 Accrington 0 ER9c3J_WsAESCuh?format=jpg&name=large

No offence to Keith H, but I think I'd rather listen to Andy H any day of the week.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum