Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

When tax is too taxing.

+5
Norpig
boltonbonce
Ten Bobsworth
Sluffy
xmiles
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

41When tax is too taxing. - Page 3 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Thu 5 Mar - 10:50

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
Ten Bobsworth wrote:Back to Gary Winston Lineker, it was another Winston (surname Churchill) that asserted the right of a man 'so to arrange his affairs as not to attract taxes enforced by the Crown so far as he can legitimately do so within the law'.

So you could say that that was all that the overpaid 'stars' of the BBC and footie were doing except, when it got before the Court, the Court said that the Ingenious schemes might have been ingenious but weren't 'within the law'.
They need to employ accountants who know their job, and don't break the law.

If there are any.
There are loads of accountants, Boncey, who would have and did advise their clients to steer well clear of these schemes. Sometimes the law isn't absolutely certain but there's usually a risk in stretching it like bubblegum.

42When tax is too taxing. - Page 3 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Fri 6 Mar - 10:44

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:By the way Bob, here's a quote from my penny pinching late boss.

Stupid people do make me lose my temper and most people are stupid, fortunately for me. It's made it easier for me to make a living.

Shocked
Made it easier for Mr Vince to spend £13.5m on FGR from tax-subsidised wind farms
and draw another £9M to pay for his pleasures in life..

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Sat 14 Mar - 14:17; edited 1 time in total

43When tax is too taxing. - Page 3 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Mon 9 Mar - 10:52

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Anyone remember the Dave Clark Five?

Dave was in Bits and Pieces at having to pay 83% income tax on his back catalogue so spent a year in the USA to try to avoid it. I don't blame him but it puts it into perspective when multi-millionaire football players and BBC employees try to get away with paying little more than half of that and some cases a quarter.

Dave btw won his case when the Inland Revenue  pursued him through the courts.

44When tax is too taxing. - Page 3 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Mon 9 Mar - 10:54

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Anyone remember the Dave Clark Five?

Dave was in Bits and Pieces at having to pay 83% income tax on his back catalogue so spent a year in the USA to try to avoid it. I don't blame him but it puts it into perspective when multi-millionaire football players and BBC employees try to get away with paying little more than half of that and some cases a quarter.

I expect he was Glad All Over.

45When tax is too taxing. - Page 3 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Mon 9 Mar - 11:40

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When tax is too taxing. - Page 3 Hqdefault

46When tax is too taxing. - Page 3 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Mon 9 Mar - 12:19

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

xmiles wrote:

I expect he was.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Sat 14 Mar - 14:18; edited 1 time in total

47When tax is too taxing. - Page 3 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Mon 9 Mar - 12:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
xmiles wrote:

I expect he was. I'll be Glad All Over when Dale Tuppence gets his comeuppance.
OK Bob, the fightback starts here. May your God go with you.

48When tax is too taxing. - Page 3 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Mon 9 Mar - 13:17

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Oh God no, Brucey's back. I hope you are happy Ten Bob  Shocked

49When tax is too taxing. - Page 3 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Mon 9 Mar - 13:20

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Oh God no, Brucey's back. I hope you are happy Ten Bob  Shocked

When tax is too taxing. - Page 3 Bruce_11

50When tax is too taxing. - Page 3 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Mon 9 Mar - 14:21

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:Oh God no, Brucey's back. I hope you are happy Ten Bob  Shocked
Don't blame me, I never mentioned Brucey.

But since Boncey brought him up I thought I'd check to see if he was one of the 'Ingenious' film lovers caught out by HMRC. Couldn't find him in the Fs but couldn't help spotting Douglas Alan Freedman, formerly of this parish, and Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson.

Have to take my small consolations where I can

51When tax is too taxing. - Page 3 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Mon 9 Mar - 14:26

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

..dunno..

52When tax is too taxing. - Page 3 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Mon 9 Mar - 15:41

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Norpig wrote:When tax is too taxing. - Page 3 Hqdefault
Laughing

53When tax is too taxing. - Page 3 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Mon 9 Mar - 15:55

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Here's an interview with Dave Clark in 2017. Not a grey hair in sight?

54When tax is too taxing. - Page 3 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Mon 9 Mar - 16:35

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Fuck off with your non BWFC football shit 10 bob, custard or any other names you go by. there's other places to post your absolute shite.

Last edited by MartinBWFC on Mon 9 Mar - 19:08; edited 1 time in total

55When tax is too taxing. - Page 3 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Mon 9 Mar - 17:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:Fuck off with your non BWFC football shit 10 bob, there's other places to post your absolute shite.
Here for instance.

http://forum.fgrfc.net/

56When tax is too taxing. - Page 3 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Mon 9 Mar - 17:35

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

57When tax is too taxing. - Page 3 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Mon 9 Mar - 21:38

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:Fuck off with your non BWFC football shit 10 bob, custard or any other names you go by. there's other places to post your absolute shite.

No need for the abuse Martin.

Just for you I've moved the thread to where Bob (and anyone else) are allowed to post about whatever he/they want.

If you don't like Bob or what he posts then don't read it.

Simple as that really.

58When tax is too taxing. - Page 3 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Mon 9 Mar - 23:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:Fuck off with your non BWFC football shit 10 bob, custard or any other names you go by. there's other places to post your absolute shite.

Just for you I've moved the thread to where Bob (and anyone else) are allowed to post about whatever he/they want.

Simple as that really.
Good advice, if somewhat ironic.

59When tax is too taxing. - Page 3 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Tue 10 Mar - 0:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

60When tax is too taxing. - Page 3 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Tue 10 Mar - 1:02

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Simple as that really.
Good advice, if somewhat ironic.

Obviously that remark is aimed at me, so I'll reply.

First, you're the one who is the one who is constantly and personally abusive, not me - the worst I've ever called you is a nutjob - which considering you telling us how at football you run rings about blokes fifty years younger than you and that you voted for Brexit then spent the next three years continually moaning about how shit it will be that we are leaving the EU - seems fair, reasonable and above all rational comment to me!

Second, I've never had any problem with you posting however I have had with your abuse and also when I KNOW you are wrong, I've got every right to say so (as TROY keeps telling us) - no matter how much you don't like to hear it (as you clearly can't ever admit to being wrong - even on the internet!).

Have a nice day.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum