Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

No sport, what are we going to talk about?

+6
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Norpig
Sluffy
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Football looks as though the season has ended, Test match off, cycling closing down fast, even the Olympic torch relay suspended right now!

Weeks of slippers, Dale Vince and toilet roll hoarders, is that all we are left with?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sounds like a normal day on here, football is always a poor second to other issues such as corned beef and Daddies sauce as on the chatbox recently  Very Happy

As long as Ten Bob doesn't decide to flood the site with accountancy threads we should be ok

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Football looks as though the season has ended, Test match off, cycling closing down fast, even the Olympic torch relay suspended right now!

Weeks of slippers, Dale Vince and toilet roll hoarders, is that all we are left with?

NO!
No sport, what are we going to talk about? Forsyth1-1_3508397

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I fear the resurrection of The Bumchums.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We've always been here Nat, just hiding in the background.

You're just annoyed as we knocked you back last time you wanted to join.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

On a serious note, can anyone imagine life without sport?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Sounds like a normal day on here, football is always a poor second to other issues such as corned beef and Daddies sauce as on the chatbox recently  Very Happy

As long as Ten Bob doesn't decide to flood the site with accountancy threads we should be ok

Prefer HP sauce myself although not a great brown sauce user.

Don't eat corned beef much either but it does remind me fondly of the corned beef salads my mother used to make all those years ago, on which we used to have salad cream with.

Might even buy a tin now, that is if they haven't all been swept off the shelves and stockpiled by the panicked of our community.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:On a serious note, can anyone imagine life without sport?

Not really, what do i do all weekend now? Do i have to interact more with the wife and kids now? Damn you Corona virus  No sport, what are we going to talk about? Icon_evil

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
Norpig wrote:Sounds like a normal day on here, football is always a poor second to other issues such as corned beef and Daddies sauce as on the chatbox recently  Very Happy

Prefer HP sauce myself although not a great brown sauce user.

Don't eat corned beef much either but it does remind me fondly of the corned beef salads my mother used to make all those years ago, on which we used to have salad cream with.

Might even buy a tin now, that is if they haven't all been swept off the shelves and stockpiled by the panicked of our community.

we talked about spam fritters as well, what can i say it was a very boring match  Laughing

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Would put a big dent in my life and I don't consider myself even to be a sports addict.

I do however keep up to date on many sports daily, even if it is just generally from the BBC sports page headlines.

Hard to see how the Olympics in Japan will be on and it's almost certain to me that the Giro (bid cycling race in Italy) will be cancelled. England's cricket tour of Sri Lanka is already off and the Masters in America seems to be in doubt.

I'm not a big fan of F1 or tennis but both of them are effected already.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have to get the board games out. I might play every League 1 match with my Pokkit Socca. I'm seeing a big win for the Whites.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i have football manager 20 which i've hardly touched, might have to see if i can do a better job than KH.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I fear the resurrection of The Bumchums.

You wern't complaining the last time you got bummed though Nat eh! Very Happy

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:

Not really, what do i do all weekend now? Do i have to interact more with the wife and kids now? Damn you Corona virus  No sport, what are we going to talk about? Icon_evil

Laughing

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have a light that I wanted to wire in for the last 18months in the loft but I have a feeling I still won't be arsed to do it yet considering the pattern I am already following. Very Happy

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:
 we talked about spam fritters as well, what can i say it was a very boring match  Laughing

Don't really eat those much either, although I quite like them when I do.

They are just too greasy.

Tbh I've given up following Bolton live over the last couple of seasons, it's just to depressing for me - Parkinson's boring football, players caring more about their money than playing the game for the supporters (knowing that they will always be paid in full ultimately anyway!), a team full of kids who clearly are going to get battered each week (someone off here who shall remain nameless called for the club to centre its whole business plan on doing exactly that even before the first game of the season - utter madness of course) and now a team full of players most of whom won't even be here next season.

Kudos to those who keep buying Season Tickets though.

I know I wouldn't have.

On reflection I can see why you were all more interested in spam than the football!

Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just had a very fortunate winner in the first at Cheltenham, after the leader by a distance unshipped his jockey at the last fence.
To be honest, I'm surprised the festival has gone ahead.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We’ll have to get into e-sports

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:We’ll have to get into e-sports

What's that?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:We’ll have to get into e-sports
 I was just saying the same thing to someone, its ideal. Can all be done from people in a room on their own and streamed all around the world  Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum