Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wigan in Administration

+21
Growler
Sluffy
Ten Bobsworth
xmiles
okocha
Cajunboy
finlaymcdanger
Banks of the Croal
sunlight
gloswhite
MartinBWFC
luckyPeterpiper
BoltonTillIDie
wessy
boltonbonce
Norpig
wanderlust
observer
RangersDave
Boggersbelief
Bollotom2014
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 42  Next

Go down  Message [Page 22 of 42]

421Wigan in Administration - Page 22 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Mon Oct 05 2020, 16:56

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:The Reebok stadium's tangible, Sluffy. It was on Top Gear last night and still looks the business.

I'm thinking I might have to start a thread in defence of Dean Holdsworth. Poor lamb hasn't had much of a say except to the ST, the Beeno and Auntie Beeb. Terrence Rigby says he spent the best of a million quid on fees, you know.

Yes it did look good on Top Gear didn't it!

And it is tangible as you say, but Eddie had secured against it, James against the hotel, leaving very little for anyone else as I think Anderson found out himself!

All water under the bridge now though.

Going off at a tangent did you see Flintoff talking about his mental health issues?

And his predecessor Botham as England's best all rounder talking about his father dementia -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-29525863

Both far more meaningful in life than me trying to work out a puzzle really.

Then again doing puzzles as I do stops me thinking about real life as it is at times, probably why I do them and post on here then, simply to escape from reality for a little while?

422Wigan in Administration - Page 22 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Mon Oct 05 2020, 17:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Why don't you make my day and tell me about any intelligent or original thought you've ever had?

I would ask you the same question. You seem to have three subjects which you bore us to death with each day.

Tell us about the first time you fell in love Bob, show us some emotion.

423Wigan in Administration - Page 22 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Mon Oct 05 2020, 18:53

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I would ask you the same question. You seem to have three subjects which you bore us to death with each day.

Tell us about the first time you fell in love Bob, show us some emotion.
Ooh! Kiss and tell, Natasha! I will if you will.

Second thoughts, no I won't. Wouldn't be fair on the young lady, would it?

Alnor Hall skating rink, above Bridgeman Street baths and that's all I'm saying.

424Wigan in Administration - Page 22 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Mon Oct 05 2020, 18:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Ooh! Kiss and tell, Natasha! I will if you will.

Second thoughts, no I won't. Wouldn't be fair on the young lady, would it?

Alnor Hall skating rink, above Bridgeman Street baths and that's all I'm saying.
You bitch. You said you'd keep it quiet. And you never did give me the humbugs.

425Wigan in Administration - Page 22 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Mon Oct 05 2020, 19:36

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Can someoe jog my memory please. Bridgeman street baths, was that up Daubhill way?

426Wigan in Administration - Page 22 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Mon Oct 05 2020, 19:43

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

gloswhite wrote:Can someoe jog my memory please. Bridgeman street baths, was that up Daubhill way?

There was once a baths on the bridgeman street near the manchester road technical colledge and next door to that pigeon club pub. However I dont know if there was an upstairs on it with a skating rink.

427Wigan in Administration - Page 22 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Mon Oct 05 2020, 19:49

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wigan in Administration - Page 22 5318240?type=responsive-gallery-fullscreen

428Wigan in Administration - Page 22 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Mon Oct 05 2020, 20:07

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

sunlight wrote:

There was once a baths on the bridgeman street near the manchester road technical colledge and next door to that pigeon club pub. However I dont know if there was an upstairs on it with a skating rink.
The one up Daubhill was High street baths used by our school at the time back in the 6o's

429Wigan in Administration - Page 22 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Mon Oct 05 2020, 20:11

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Went to the staking rink a couple of times, glos, i think you're thinking of High Street Baths which was up Daubhill.

Some pic's of the Bridgeman Street area and Baths.

http://bolton.webeden.co.uk/11-bridgeman-pl-manchester-rd/4593358037

430Wigan in Administration - Page 22 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Mon Oct 05 2020, 20:43

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Banks of the Croal wrote:Went to the staking rink a couple of times, glos, i think you're thinking of High Street Baths which was up Daubhill.

There's some great photos on that link!

431Wigan in Administration - Page 22 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Mon Oct 05 2020, 22:03

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
You bitch. You said you'd keep it quiet. And you never did give me the humbugs.
Come off it, Boncey. You're just trying to get in on the me too movement.

432Wigan in Administration - Page 22 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Mon Oct 05 2020, 22:06

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wessy wrote:
The one up Daubhill was High street baths used by our school at the time back in the 6o's
Correct. The manager was called Alf Hart. His parents were a bit slow, I think.

433Wigan in Administration - Page 22 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Mon Oct 05 2020, 22:18

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Banks of the Croal wrote:Went to the staking rink a couple of times, glos, i think you're thinking of High Street Baths which was up Daubhill.

That's the place. Wouldn't have any connection with Wolfenden Street would you, by any chance?

434Wigan in Administration - Page 22 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Mon Oct 05 2020, 22:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:

That's the place. Wouldn't have any connection with Wolfenden Street would you, by any chance?

My father went to Wolfenden Street School.

I seem to remember that he said Tommy Lawton went there as well?

435Wigan in Administration - Page 22 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Tue Oct 06 2020, 10:03

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Great pictures.

This man wanted to see if he could get the Alnor Hall rollers to rock up again. Don't know if it ever got off the ground.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/5785646.roll-back-the-rollers/

436Wigan in Administration - Page 22 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Tue Oct 06 2020, 10:24

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

My father went to Wolfenden Street School.

I seem to remember that he said Tommy Lawton went there as well?
First house we lived in when i was little was Weymouth St, the next street along from Wolfenden St.

437Wigan in Administration - Page 22 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Tue Oct 06 2020, 10:39

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

While we're being nostalgic, do you remember the Hanbury's stores?  They were our go to store for the big shop.

438Wigan in Administration - Page 22 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Tue Oct 06 2020, 11:25

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:While we're being nostalgic, do you remember the Hanbury's stores?  They were our go to store for the big shop.
Ooh, Hanburys! Weren't you posh?

I thought you would have been a Co-op customer, Boncey. I got the job of sticking those yellow receipt thingies on those gummed sheets and adding them up in pounds, shillings, pence and, at one time, farthings.

I got quite good at adding up and it came in proper useful in later years.

439Wigan in Administration - Page 22 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Tue Oct 06 2020, 11:31

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Ten Bobsworth, no connection with Wolfenden Street but went to the same school as Tommy Lawton.

440Wigan in Administration - Page 22 Empty Re: Wigan in Administration Tue Oct 06 2020, 11:36

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Banks of the Croal wrote:Ten Bobsworth, no connection with Wolfenden Street but went to the same school as Tommy Lawton.
Just a longshot Banksy.

Didn't Tommy Lawton go to Castle Hill, like Lofty?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 22 of 42]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum