Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coronavirus - will we survive?

+20
BoltonTillIDie
finlaymcdanger
Cajunboy
sunlight
Ten Bobsworth
wessy
luckyPeterpiper
observer
bwfc71
Angry Dad
okocha
xmiles
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Sluffy
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
Norpig
karlypants
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 37 ... 48  Next

Go down  Message [Page 26 of 48]

511Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 27 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Sep 25 2020, 16:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:Why is COVID more prevalent in the north than the south of England?
Pockets of high population density?
It's tends to flare up in cities where realistically extra measures are needed - and the M62 corridor has a lot of towns and cities in very close proximity comparatively.

512Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 27 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Sep 25 2020, 17:38

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I know that, so what about London and the M25?

513Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 27 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Sep 25 2020, 17:48

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Cajunboy wrote:I know that, so what about London and the M25?

Don't worry we aren't going to be missing out down here!

London to go on Covid-19 watchlist as cases rise

London will be added to the government's Covid-19 watchlist as cases begin to rise in the city, officials say.
All boroughs will be classed as areas of concern, but no additional restrictions have been announced.
Mayor of London Sadiq Khan said the city was at "a worrying tipping point" with hospital admissions increasing.
Councils in the city have urged residents to abide by current restrictions.
The watchlist, published each week, categorises local councils seeing a higher infection rate as "areas of concern", "areas of enhanced support" or "areas of intervention".
Tighter restrictions are usually introduced for areas in the third category.
London Councils - the group representing all 33 local authorities in the city - announced the city would be joining the list later, saying it was a "stark reminder" to residents they must follow new rules announced this week.
The organisation called for a sustained boost to Covid-19 testing in the capital so infections can be monitored.
Mr Khan, said testing capacity had been "diverted away" from the capital to other national hotspots, causing the number of tests in the city to drop by 43%.
"The lack of testing capacity is totally unacceptable,"
he said.
"It's vital that testing capacity is increased immediately in London and focused in the areas it is needed most. Any delay will mean letting the city down and will cost lives."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-54296597

514Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 27 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Sep 25 2020, 18:58

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Thanks for that, and keep that mask on.

Cheers Sluffy, have a good weekend.

515Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 27 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Sep 25 2020, 19:04

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I am still surviving...
Was furloughed for 13 weeks
Been a keyworker all the way through as a volunteer and then key worker with my every day job
Busy with overtime, cpvering others that were still on furlough

Also as a sad macker been keeping tabs on the statistics.....

eg.
5 Weeks ago the 7 day rolling average of new infections was 992 per day
3 Weeks ago the 7 day rolling average of new infections was 1530 per day
As of today the 7 day rolling average of new infections is 5329 per day
Turning point was 4 weeks ao whem one of the days (27 August to be precise) the new infections was 1522 in the reporting period.  Thats when the new national restrictions should have started - notice it was 4 weekss ago, BEFORE schools and colleges went back, and long before universities went back.

516Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 27 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Sep 25 2020, 23:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:I am still surviving...
Was furloughed for 13 weeks
Been a keyworker all the way through as a volunteer and then key worker with my every day job
Busy with overtime, cpvering others that were still on furlough

Also as a sad macker been keeping tabs on the statistics.....

eg.
5 Weeks ago the 7 day rolling average of new infections was 992 per day
3 Weeks ago the 7 day rolling average of new infections was 1530 per day
As of today the 7 day rolling average of new infections is 5329 per day
Turning point was 4 weeks ao whem one of the days (27 August to be precise) the new infections was 1522 in the reporting period.  Thats when the new national restrictions should have started - notice it was 4 weekss ago, BEFORE schools and colleges went back, and long before universities went back.
The number 10,000 a day has been rolling around in the media but usually predicated with "could be" or "up to" but anyhow I've survived 8 days after landing back in this green and pleasant land. Alcohol is obviously the antivirus they're all looking for.

517Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 27 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Sep 26 2020, 17:34

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Water cannon and bars of soap needed!

518Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 27 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Sep 26 2020, 17:50

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

karlypants wrote:Water cannon and bars of soap needed!
Only dirty people wash.

519Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 27 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Sep 28 2020, 17:08

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Just thought I'd flag up that the current rate of infection is worse and now exceeds that than when we went into/during lockdown.

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 27 _114662355_uk_daily_cases_with_ra_27sep-nc

As long as hospital cases and deaths are kept low it's not really a problem unless of course you are taken poorly by it.

520Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 27 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Sep 28 2020, 17:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Just thought I'd flag up that the current rate of infection worse exceeds that than when we went into/during lockdown.

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 27 _114662355_uk_daily_cases_with_ra_27sep-nc

As long as hospital cases and deaths are kept low it's not really a problem unless of course you are taken poorly by it.
There's a flight to Portugal tonight if you're worried.

521Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 27 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Sep 28 2020, 17:19

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:There's a flight to Portugal tonight if you're worried.

I'm not.

And why would anybody be so stupid or know it all enough to fly from an area where there is practically zero infection to a country that was on the cusp of being banned for their outbreak - see Wales and Scotland's reaction to Portugal at the time!

Well worth a 14 day self isolation period on return no doubt.

Oh wait, didn't you do exactly that!

Rolling Eyes

522Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 27 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Sep 30 2020, 12:25

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Seems 1 in 5 openly admit to not self isolating even when told to do so.

This is what the government is up against - is it really all their fault that people clearly don't give a fuck about the rules???

I think this suns it up nicely -

Across the UK, normally law-abiding people are harbouring a guilty secret.

They are the Covid holiday quarantine-breakers.

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 27 _114685751_survey_reasons_for_not_isolating-nc

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 27 _114685753_survey_holiday_quarantine-nc

In July, Alice, a 20-something office worker from Surrey, was fed up with not having got away on holiday. For the good of her own mental wellbeing, she says, she broke the rules. Sitting in her garden, she confessed her crime to me.

She'd booked a trip to Majorca with a friend. Then, days before she had been due to fly out, the UK slapped quarantine rules on Spain.

"We were basically told by the holiday company that we wouldn't get our money back. I didn't want to lose another holiday and any money. So just decided to go anyway."

When Alice got to Majorca, she decided the self-isolation she'd face on return to the UK would be a nonsense. The hotel was largely empty and reassuringly clean.

"There wasn't really a time, other than when you were eating, on a sunbed, or in your hotel room that you weren't wearing a mask," she says. "It just felt really safe." Alice believed that the virus transmission rate was very low. She was probably safer in Majorca than England, she thought. In fact, the coronavirus infection rate in Majorca had been climbing rapidly during her stay - meaning her risk of catching it had been growing by the day.

So what happened when Alice returned home?

While her job allowed her to work from home, she wondered about the rest of her life.

"So..." she begins, hesitantly, "I isolated for a couple of days. And then I just thought, you know what, I'm fine."

In the fortnight that followed, the critical period of potential transmission, Alice visited family (although not elderly relatives), went on shopping trips and met up with friends in their homes, or a local park.

"I just thought, if I'm going to catch it anywhere [it will be] in England... people aren't following all the rules all the time."

And you were one of them, I point out.

"Yeah," she replies nervously.

Rolling Eyes

Back in her sunny garden in Surrey, Alice, too, didn't think it would happen to her.

"It probably was really selfish of me, and I probably won't do it again," she says, sheepishly. "But at the time, I guess you just think of yourself and you want that holiday - but then you don't want to quarantine. No one wants to quarantine.

"And I don't regret it."

More here -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54346001

523Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 27 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Oct 01 2020, 10:50

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

For Bonce - Keep safe mate!

BREAKING
New restrictions confirmed for parts of England
Health Secretary Matt Hancock is now delivering his coronavirus statement in the Commons.

He says in parts of Teesside and the north-west of England cases are continuing to rise fast.

Working with council leaders, he says he's extending restrictions introduced to north-east England this week to the Liverpool City Region, Warrington, Hartlepool and Middlesborough.

Those restrictions include a ban on mixing between households in any indoor setting, such as pubs and restaurants.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-54362119

524Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 27 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Oct 01 2020, 11:26

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bugger. Luckily, mum lives very close by, so we can keep an eye on her, but this is disappointing news.
Suppose we've got to keep doing what it takes to keep ourselves and others safe.
Thanks for the info Sluffy, appreciated.

525Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 27 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Oct 02 2020, 01:57

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Just beggars belief really???

First

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 27 _114719481_i

Second

Jeremy Corbyn issues grovelling apology after breaking coronavirus ‘rule of 6’ at dinner party for nine

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 27 NINTCHDBPICT000611420091

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/politics/12813325/corbyn-breaks-rule-of-six-at-dinner-party/

Third

PM's father Stanley Johnson pictured in shop without face covering

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 27 _114709010_415d653c-4e89-4ff1-83d7-5730ef9dc6a6

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54369002

Shouldn't Caesar's wife not be above suspicion?

Cos this lot certainly aren't!

526Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 27 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Oct 02 2020, 08:56

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

This from the site of the actors / actresses

Business secretary Alok Sharma has been heavily criticised for suggesting workers in sectors that are currently unable to open - such as theatre - should be helped into “better jobs”

The thing is, the rules do apply to all. The tories are going to be really hated by them Smile

If anyone hasnt read, there have been lots of protests from the Theatre and actors people. Tory MP`s were invited to attend and they all declined.

527Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 27 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Oct 03 2020, 23:10

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Something 'odd' happening with the daily information today?

It's usually put out around 4.00pm but it was hours late today and when the totals finally came they reported 12,872 positives (yesterdays for comparison was 6,968 and when we had lockdown the totals were under 6,000).

Also this was also posted on the site -

"Due to a technical issue, which has now been resolved, there has been a delay in publishing a number of COVID-19 cases to the dashboard in England. This means the total reported over the coming days will include some additional cases from the period between 24 September and 1 October, increasing the number of cases reported".

So I guess something big went wrong somewhere?

Wonder what tomorrows totals will show?

The good news as such is that the totals of people in hospital is still remarkably low in comparison to daily positive cases - although the totals have not been updated for four days???

Hope they haven't been under reported too?

528Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 27 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Oct 04 2020, 20:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

No daily total again yet and this tweet from Peston (who I think was brilliant when the banks had to be bailed out /sub-prime debacle but an absolute tit over Covid - but here it is non the less) -

529Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 27 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Oct 04 2020, 21:55

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Number just in for positives cases - 22.961

This explanation given -

An issue was identified overnight on Friday 2 October in the automated process that transfers positive cases data to PHE. It has now been resolved.

The cases by publish date for 3 and 4 October include 15,841 additional cases with specimen dates between 25 September and 2 October — they are therefore artificially high for England and the UK.

So yesterdays figure was 13,000 and todays of 23,000 gives a total of 36,000 subtract the 16,000 previously under recorded we are left with 20,000 for two days or an average of around 10,000 per day.

This may not be as bad as it seems as loads of cases have been reported at university's recently (nearly at 800 on one day at Newcastle alone).

The key thing though is for now people in hospital are still relatively very low - 2,329 for England shown as of todays date.

Visited my local Tesco earlier - people still walking around not wearing masks - they still don't give a fuck!

Is it any surprise cases are rising throughout the country?

It is what it is though, so just keep save everybody.

This isn't going away anytime soon.

530Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 27 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Oct 04 2020, 22:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
Visited my local Tesco earlier - people still walking around not wearing masks - they still don't give a fuck!

Is it any surprise cases are rising throughout the country?

It is what it is though, so just keep save everybody.

This isn't going away anytime soon.
Surprised Tesco are not enforcing their policy. Everyone wears a mask in my local Tesco and if, heaven forfend someone tried to sneak in without one they'd be pounced on by angry pensioners brandishing fruit and threatening legal action even if it's explained to them that the act doesn't amount to attempted murder.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 26 of 48]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 37 ... 48  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum