Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL - Alex Baptise re-signs

+4
terenceanne
boltonbonce
wessy
Norpig
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1OFFICIAL - Alex Baptise re-signs Empty OFFICIAL - Alex Baptise re-signs Fri Aug 07 2020, 13:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Alex Baptiste has returned to the University of Bolton Stadium after signing a one-year deal with Bolton Wanderers.

The experienced defender, 34, made 39 league appearances, netting four goals, in a two-year spell with Wanderers between 2013 and 2015 after arriving from Blackpool.

He began his career with Mansfield Town in 2002 having progressed through the Stags’ youth ranks where he made 177 league appearances in a six-year spell at Field Mill.

In 2008 he moved to Lancashire, agreeing a deal to join Blackpool where he played in over 170 games for The Tangerines before joining Wanderers in May 2013.

After his first spell with Wanderers, he went on to feature with Blackburn Rovers, Middlesbrough, Sheffield United, Preston North End, Queens Park Rangers, Luton Town and Doncaster Rovers.

Talking to bwfc.co.uk about his return to Wanderers, Baptiste said: “I’m absolutely buzzing to be returning to Bolton Wanderers.

“I’ve had a good two and half weeks training with the club and the gaffer’s ideas are brilliant.

“With the way he want us to play these are really exciting times for Bolton Wanderers.”

Head Coach Ian Evatt added: “We welcome Alex back to the University of Bolton Stadium.

“Alex is a player and person I know very well and he is vastly experienced, having played in the Premier League and at a high level for the majority of his career.

“He is a fantastic person as well and will help guide our young squad from inside the dressing room.

“He’s impressed during a trial period with the club and is raring to go.”

2OFFICIAL - Alex Baptise re-signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Alex Baptise re-signs Fri Aug 07 2020, 14:32

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hope he's just cover for the Harlem Globetrotters.

3OFFICIAL - Alex Baptise re-signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Alex Baptise re-signs Fri Aug 07 2020, 16:44

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We have signed worse over the last few years, experienced cover in league 2 should be ok.

4OFFICIAL - Alex Baptise re-signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Alex Baptise re-signs Fri Aug 07 2020, 16:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Proof of the pudding will be in the eating this season, but I'm hopeful. Haven't felt that for a long time.

5OFFICIAL - Alex Baptise re-signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Alex Baptise re-signs Fri Aug 07 2020, 18:58

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

"OFFICIAL - Alex Baptise resigns" may have been the better headline, but fingers crossed he does well for us this season.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

6OFFICIAL - Alex Baptise re-signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Alex Baptise re-signs Sat Aug 08 2020, 00:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:"OFFICIAL - Alex Baptise resigns" may have been the better headline, but fingers crossed he does well for us this season.
So you're a big fan of his K Smile
TBF to him those 3 or 4 games when he had repetitive nightmares will always be in the minds of Wanderers fans, but in other games he played really well and even chipped in with the odd goal. 
Older and wiser now, so providing he's not also slower he could add value.

7OFFICIAL - Alex Baptise re-signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Alex Baptise re-signs Sat Aug 08 2020, 11:57

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Experience amongst all the young lads will be invaluable and in the dressing room. At least in theory.

8OFFICIAL - Alex Baptise re-signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Alex Baptise re-signs Sat Aug 08 2020, 15:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:Experience amongst all the young lads will be invaluable and in the dressing room. At least in theory.
"Right lads. Wait until the winger gets into the box then dive in and give away a penalty so we can lull them into a false sense of security" Smile

9OFFICIAL - Alex Baptise re-signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Alex Baptise re-signs Sat Aug 08 2020, 15:15

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
terenceanne wrote:Experience amongst all the young lads will be invaluable and in the dressing room. At least in theory.
"Right lads. Wait until the winger gets into the box then dive in and give away a penalty so we can lull them into a false sense of security" Smile
Laughing

10OFFICIAL - Alex Baptise re-signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Alex Baptise re-signs Sat Aug 08 2020, 20:45

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I actually expect him to be decent for us, and add some stability and experience to a relatively young squad. I just thought it was funny to edit the headline.

11OFFICIAL - Alex Baptise re-signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Alex Baptise re-signs Sat Aug 08 2020, 20:45

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I actually expect him to be decent for us, and add some stability and experience to a relatively young squad. I just thought it was funny to edit the headline.

12OFFICIAL - Alex Baptise re-signs Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Alex Baptise re-signs Tue Aug 11 2020, 13:32

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum