Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anelka: Misunderstood

4 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Anelka: Misunderstood Empty Anelka: Misunderstood Sun Aug 09 2020, 02:59

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I was just wondering if anyone else has bothered to watch the documentary that came out this week on Netflix about Nicolas Anelka.

I decided to watch it from start to finish, naively thinking there might be at least a 5 minute piece about him playing for the Wanderers but I think the word Bolton was mentioned twice across this 94 minutes of my life that I'll never be getting back.

It's basically just a load of boring Frogs talking about what a top guy they reckon he is, which I personally found incredibly dull, but maybe others will enjoy that.

2Anelka: Misunderstood Empty Re: Anelka: Misunderstood Sun Aug 09 2020, 11:02

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes I watched it and Bolton got a very brief mention. I was expecting him to say playing at Bolton reignited his career and show some of his goals he scored for us.

3Anelka: Misunderstood Empty Re: Anelka: Misunderstood Sun Aug 09 2020, 12:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I started to watch it and then gave up. We may not have featured massively in his excellent career but from our perspective he was brilliant. He scored goals for us and then signed a 4 year contract with Sammy Lee that ensured we'd get a bigger fee when we sold him which allowed us to turn a profit of £7 million on him - the only player in our history to make that kind of money on his trades.
So I can forgive him for not making a big deal of his time here - we laughed all the way to the bank for once. Thanks Nico :clap:

4Anelka: Misunderstood Empty Re: Anelka: Misunderstood Mon Aug 10 2020, 08:24

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He really enjoyed his time at Bolton and there were no controversies so not surprised we barely get a mention.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum