Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VIII

+15
Banks of the Croal
y2johnny
Cajunboy
Sluffy
okocha
karlypants
boltonbonce
Ten Bobsworth
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
sunlight
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
Norpig
finlaymcdanger
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 32 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 50]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some people seemed to have confusion over whether Bobby Ball owned the shoe shop in town or not.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:
Must have been hilarious. For everyone else. Very Happy
I once met the then England cricketer, Derek Pringle, in a cafe in London, and, although very affable, spent the entire 30 minutes I was with him talking about the band Half Man Half Biscuit.
Not a sausage on cricket. Lovely chap though.
Pringle was more of an intellect than a cricketer, if I remember correctly. Horrible bowling action! Great in print  (for the Telegraph??)

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:
Pringle was more of an intellect than a cricketer, if I remember correctly. Horrible bowling action! Great in print  (for the Telegraph??)
And bloody huge!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lots of resignations from the Labour Party today, including me. Won't make much difference, but I feel strangely relieved.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Lots of resignations from the Labour Party today, including me. Won't make much difference, but I feel strangely relieved.

Sorry to hear your news Bonce, you've made it clear what you've believed in, society wise, and you've set huge store in that being achieved by left of centre Labour politics represented by the likes of Corbyn.

Fwiw there's nothing wrong in my opinion what sort of society you would wish for us all to see, I simply never believed it could ever be achieved, too many people in the world put themselves first and sod everyone else.

They say it is better to travel in hope, so don't give up your ideals as maybe one day you will achieve them and you most certainly wont if you don't continue to strive for them.

Keep that red flag flying even if you are no longer a member.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Sorry to hear your news Bonce, you've made it clear what you've believed in, society wise, and you've set huge store in that being achieved by left of centre Labour politics represented by the likes of Corbyn.

Fwiw there's nothing wrong in my opinion what sort of society you would wish for us all to see, I simply never believed it could ever be achieved, too many people in the world put themselves first and sod everyone else.

They say it is better to travel in hope, so don't give up your ideals as maybe one day you will achieve them and you most certainly wont if you don't continue to strive for them.

Keep that red flag flying even if you are no longer a member.

Cheers Sluffy. Sometimes you just get weary of the fight. Like Nuts, the Labour Party is going through a period of infighting, and I don't have to tell you how exhausting that can be. Very Happy 
Recharging the batteries during these difficult times can't be a bad thing. I've always tried to fight my battles on the inside, but it's become alarmingly toxic. 
You certainly find out who your friends are!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Cheers Sluffy. Sometimes you just get weary of the fight. Like Nuts, the Labour Party is going through a period of infighting, and I don't have to tell you how exhausting that can be. Very Happy 
Recharging the batteries during these difficult times can't be a bad thing. I've always tried to fight my battles on the inside, but it's become alarmingly toxic. 
You certainly find out who your friends are!
The thing is that Corbyn is politically naive and his statement today merely underlined that fact. He is unelectable but he could still play a valuable role as a policy advisor but he was never a PM in waiting and never will be. So you have to decide whether or not you're going to listen to - and further - the political split in the party. 
Reality is if you're not elected it's all irrelevant and a divided party won't get elected.
It may seem a compromise but look at Keir's record and decide whether or not his heart is in the right place.
The Labour party comes across like two drunken blokes desperate for a meat pie but arguing outside the pie shop about the pastry they prefer until the shop closes and neither of them get anything.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Smashing old film from 1926. A nostalgia fest, and great music. Felt like climbing into the screen.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy Very Happy

boltonbonce wrote:Lots of resignations from the Labour Party today, including me. Won't make much difference, but I feel strangely relieved.

Sorry to read that Bonce! I think Corbyn was a bit naive if he thought that statement was going to result in anything else given what happened with RLB not long ago but Starmer must realise he's alienating a large portion of the membership at this point, so it will be interesting to see if he looks to reconcile any time soon. 

I'm holding on to my membership for now at some point the centre and left need to unite or we're going to be stuck with this right wing Tory government for many years to come.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Veg related crime is on the increase.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VIII - Page 14 CalvadaugeCALVA D'AUGE

Calva D'Auge has been declared to run in the following race:

Saturday 31 October
3.27 Ayr - Scottish Champion Hurdle Trial (Handicap Hurdle) (Class 2) 2m

There are seven runners and Lorcan Williams (claims 3lbs) is booked to ride. 

Paul Nicholls says Calva D'Auge is in good form at home, and he feels that, as he is a small and enthusiastic horse, he should be more ready for his first race of the season than some other members of his string, who have needed their first runs of the season. Paul thinks the galloping track and heavy ground will suit Calva D'Auge, and he hopes he will run well. 

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Yet another horse from the Cajun stable,  just one share but it's a bit of fun in these weary times.

He had a a good first season for us , 3 wins and a second place from six runs.  

He is top weight tomorrow and will probably start favourite I would think, poor odds but interesting.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VIII - Page 14 Unknow29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thanks Cajun. Makes the racing a bit more interesting. Might be favourite, but any winner is a good price. Better a 5/4 first than a 33/1 tenth. Very Happy

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Corbyn anti-Semitism row: Len McCluskey urges angry members to stay in Labour

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

RIP Sean Connery.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Worlds worst sheepdog. Razz

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Astronauts wear belts to stop their trousers falling up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 32 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum